Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarmac Contractor

• 23-07-2010 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone of a very good contractor for laying Tarmac the driveway of my home. I don't a cheap job, I want someone whom does a very good job (that will last a long time) for a fair price. Thanks for all your help.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

Hi all,

Does anyone of a very good contractor for laying Tarmac the driveway of my home. I don't a cheap job, I want someone whom does a very good job (that will last a long time) for a fair price. Thanks for all your help.:)

where you at? Lehanes of macroom just done a grand job of my place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Just got a price from Clarkes from Ni. They do a supreme job, they did our last house 6 years ago and it still looks brand new, 10 year guarentee.
    It's Asphalt, machine laid in two layers just like motorways..

Pay peanuts and you get monkeys.. If the house is a keeper then get a good job done..

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

Thanks for your replies. Im in galway county. Forgot to put it in original post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭yeahme

I know of a company just outside castlebar, O Malleys i think their name is, when i was there last in mayo I used to see a lot of their trucks around the place. and not too far away from you.

Thanks,
    I will look them up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

There are a few around Mayo ya, can't think of any more but I heard of one who are very resonable and very good. O'Malleys can be a tad dear.

Would Clarkes go all the way to Mayo to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I've just been quoted to do mine by Creggs Driveways. Don't really know much about them but have heard they do alot of school yards so should be reputable enough, anyone heard of their work ??

Works out about €10 sq m. He's laying kerbs for me as well. I was shocked with the price to be honest, we hadn't planned getting tarmac laid yet but because the price seems so good we're gonna go ahead with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Anyone recommend a good tarmacadam contractor in the Kildare area?

We've had a few call to the door - they drive round and see a house like ours with 804 stone for a driveway and come a knocking - and they quoted us €3,500 - €4,000 for our 280 sq metre driveway.

I'm very dubious of guys knocking on spec as if they were busy, they wouldn't have to drive round looking for business. I'm the cynical type but I've had way more than my fair share of cowboys working on this house.

Nothing laid yet. still doing my homework as it is a huge investment. I have about 900m2 to be laid.

Can anyone PM the number of O malley's ???:)

• Advertisement

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=O+malley%27s+road+construction+castlebar+%20

sixth one down ;)

Michael O Malley Roadmaking,
    Ballynew,
    Castlebar,
    Phone: 0949022005

Great, thanks.:rolleyes:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=no+problem

:) i love this site!!

yeahme wrote: »

We all very happy for you. :eek:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Be interested to hear what your quote is when you get it. Trying to get an idea of what prices would be to do ours! :)

yop wrote: »
    Be interested to hear what your quote is when you get it. Trying to get an idea of what prices would be to do ours! :)

Jesus there's a possibility that I'll have my drive tarmaced before Yop :eek:
    I followed your self build blog before and while we built our Gaff !!

Heres a simple idea,
    why dont the 3 of you meet up and decide to get your work done together. (AS long as your all from the same area of course) get quotes from all the guys around and bargain for more of a discount. 3 people-families, have more bargaining power than just one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

I'm having Tarmac laid monday next, I'll post details of the contractor here if he's 100%, but I've no doubt he will be, he's been throughly vetted,quizzed,checked and recommended by clients etc.

Jesus there's a possibility that I'll have my drive tarmaced before Yop :eek:
    I followed your self build blog before and while we built our Gaff !!

Lol, plenty to do on ours and lack of the old funds put a stop to the work! :)

Hope u didn't get too many bad habits from our build!!!!! ;)

Fella arrived to start ours last Thursday, kerbs have been laid now waiting for him to return to lay tarmac supposed to be today.

CIMG0454.jpg

CIMG0455.jpg

Will post pic of completed job soon (Hopefully !!)

• Advertisement

Nice house should look savage with tarmac done. How much per square metre r u being charged ???

Thanks. I think his rate is €10 per sqm. He's laid the kerbs for me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

I recommend this crowd. They done the drive around my house last week and i am delighted with the job. They use a machine to lay the tarmac so you get a very level job. They are based in Mayo.

Hi ya. Will ya PM their number and how much per m2 is cost. Thanks.

Hi ya. Will ya PM their number and how much per m2 is cost. Thanks.

Not sure the price per m2 but I got the following quotes €4500 + VAT from O'Malleys, €3850 incl VAT from Moran, €3500 incl VAT from Mooney & Kirrane, €3400 incl VAT from Michael Harrington.

The price from Mooney & Kirane and Michael Harrington is for a hand laid drive. The price from O'Malley and Moran is for machine laid. O'Malley is very good but I couldn't justify the price difference. Moran had done alot of work around my area and cannot be faulted. I recently saw an asphalt drive he done and it was perfect.

I have PM'd you his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 littlemeadow

Hi All, sorry for resurrecting this thread, I'm looking for a contact number for Michael Harrington & also Moran's for tarmac

If someone could help me out that would be great :-)

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 littlemeadow

Thanks a million, that was quick :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭jprboy

Can anyone recommend a tarmac contractor in North Tipp or at least within travelling distance of Nenagh?

Two quick questions also:
    1. Kerbing - is it best to get the tarmac contractor to do this also?
    2. Entrance walls & gate - would it be correct to say that these should be in place before any tarmac is laid?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Delboy1999

Hi Selfbuilder,

I am looking to get my driveway machine laid - could you sent me the contact numbers for O'Malley and Morans.

Thanks

Delboy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement