Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheryl Tweedy/ Cole/ Fernadez-Versini /

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Some people here need to loosen up. Most of the posters are slating her as a scumbag from Newcastle with no talent. Unfair but I can see where they come from. With that reasoning is everybody who has had bad luck financially and only current means of housing a scumbag?

She is a gorgeous woman with the world at her feet. Maybe some people think of her as a WAG. I agree with this but she is obviously somebody who wants to respect her vows to marriage or afraid to move on.

I don't mind Girls Aloud TBH. I won't pretend that I'm cool by slating them for having no talent compared to Radiohead or U2 but Pop is a lot easier to be sucessful in then non-mainstream genres.

Verdict: Cheryl is a troubled young woman who is trying to fix her life and be sucessful. At least she isn't covering up these problems like other celebs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

neil_hosey wrote: »
    ye.. aswell, some one called her talentless. Is this jealousy or something because Im pretty sure she is/was the head singer of Girls Aloud. Dont have any facts about how well the group done, but I certainly do remember alot of singles going number one with Cheryl as head singer? correct me if Im wrong????

Nadine Coyle is the main/lead/best singer of Girls Aloud

I dont mind Cheryl but she comes across very hypocritial in some interviews - she also needs to put on some weight she looks too unhealthy at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

see thats where the whole thing of difference in opinion come in. I actually think any kind of electronic music requires very little natural talent

That's not actually an opinion. It's just a false statement. You can say that you don't like the music but saying that the artist in question isn't talented is just plain wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Most stuff Cowell touches turns to gold so I'm sure he'll see her well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

Kold wrote: »
    That's not actually an opinion. It's just a false statement. You can say that you don't like the music but saying that the artist in question isn't talented is just plain wrong.

lol ok - youve dodged the points i made.

If i think that guy doesnt have talent. THAT IS AN OPINION!

You can return to putting people down to make you feel better cas i wont be posting again on this, i wasnt going to before this but i couldnt resist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

JP Liz wrote: »

she also needs to put on some weight she looks too healthy at the moment

Hah, says you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

lol ok - youve dodged the points i made.

If i think that guy doesnt have talent. THAT IS AN OPINION!

You can return to putting people down to make you feel better cas i wont be posting again on this, i wasnt going to before this but i couldnt resist.

It's not an opinion, Jesus, it's like saying Australia is actually on the moon, it's just retarded. I didn't address your points because they were idiotic. I wasn't putting Cheryl Cole down, I was merely pointing out that it doesn't take talent to get to number one in the charts. So using the charts as a measure for talent is stupid. Shortcomings of some DJ? This producer is generally regarded as one of the most important musicians alive, probably one of the most innovative musicians to ever live. It's quite clear that you haven't an iota what you're talking about. "I don't like electronic music" is not a valid argument in this case.

As for a great singer? I wouldn't regard her so, sure she can sing, probably around the 15th percentile but greats? Arethra Franklin? Edith Piaf? No, she's not a great singer. She's fairly hot, I like 'em skinny, she can string a few notes together but in any way relevant as an artist, no.

No doubt this again will fly above your head and you'll respond with 'anyone can have whatever opinion they want' but some things are just wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Kold, careful now. Tone it down a little please.

If rumours are true Simon wants to help launch Cheryl in the US maybe as a judge on America's Got Talent (Sharon O is a judge there also) but she could have problems getting a work visa as she has a criminal record :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭harmankardon

i think i might be in love with this girl!

• Advertisement

she tops another poll

X Factor judge Cheryl Cole has been voted the celebrity with the most perfectly applied make-up - and achieving the look women would like to copy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

What are the odds that she actually applies her own make-up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Affable

I don't like Lily Allen much as she is a poilt girl who tries to be 'street'.
    Cheryl Cole is just horrendous though. What sheer soulless evil. Reminds me of Heather Mills slightly.

Girls Aloud songbird Cheryl Cole has been named the sexiest woman of 2009 by FHM men’s mag

Her style is copied by women around the country - and now Cheryl Cole has landed a deal to front beauty brand L'Oreal Paris.

The X Factor judge will represent the company in the UK and her first campaign will be promoting a hair product called Elvive Full Restore 5, which will hit the shops next month.

Cole, 26, who won a place in Girls Aloud by appearing on Popstars: The Rivals, graced the cover of British Vogue in February.

She said: "I have always loved the brand and have always wanted to say the iconic phrase: 'Because you're worth it', so to be given that opportunity is absolutely amazing."

L'Oreal Paris general manager Gayle Tait said: "Cheryl is a glamorous, stylish and talented young woman whose warmth and charm has captivated the nation and helped to establish her as an inspiration to women throughout the UK."

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Taken word-for-word from the press release. Just once I wish some journalists would show a bit of initiative and re-word the release... :rolleyes:

Fair play to her, she's raking it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Aidric wrote: »
    I think Cheryl is an absolute belter. She has lost a lot of weight in the last year though, probably a tad too much.
    On a related note I would love to terminate the life of that rat Ashley Cole.

cheryl_tweedy_363.jpg

just quoting this pic for its epicness lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

JP Liz wrote: »
    Girls Aloud songbird Cheryl Cole has been named the sexiest woman of 2009 by FHM men’s mag
    I think she's more pretty than sexy (there's a difference), but then I'm not a man and don't read FHM. She's gone way too skinny, anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭MelonieHead

I recently spent a grand total of 11 hours over a two day period in a hairdressers. If I see that woman's face one time I will rip it off! :mad:

(Not the actual woman, just the endless barrage of pictures.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hawaii5o

Then again half of todays celebs have humble beginnings, rags to riches... you could say the same for a load of rappers too, with 'council estate' backgrounds but nobody gives them hassle for it.. 'jumped up pond scum' is a tad harsh..the girls no whitney houston, but if you look up her first audition she can sing, and shes been dancing since she was a kid and its not just luck that keeps you in the game this long and so successfully... she knows her niche and you have to admit shes doing pretty well for herself, after x factor last year she was voted as one of britains most popular celebs (ironically her hubbie was one of the most unpopular)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I was just flicking through this month's Cosmo at the hairdressers and apparently Cheryl Cole is the number one "Amazing, successful, kick ass woman" in the world.

:rolleyes:

The girl is hot without a doubt, but why is she suddenly the best thing since sliced bread?

Everything she does is mediocre imo

Also, the Geordie accent is a bit harsh isn't it? "Because ye're weeeerth it" doesn't sound that pleasant ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 M.E. Doyle

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    ^^^^^

Like half the population of Tallaght?

Shes a skanger granted, but dont confuse the two.

Actually, ironically enough Allen is a bigger scobie but from a seemingly wealthier upbringing/area.

Let me remind you, there are more private estates in Tallaght than council, Take out Killinarden, Jobstown, fettercairn, Brookfield, tymon North, the rest are private estates.... Yes if we had our way those estates would be gone, but unfortunely we cant...Let me also remind you also, There are million times worse estates in DUblin....The Northside...Take your pick

orla wrote: »
    I thought she looked liked someone from Tallaght, Ballymun, Coolock [Insert scobie area] going to their debs.

What Do you mean by that comment, Tallaght Ballymun....and where may i ask are you from?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

M.E. Doyle wrote: »
    What Do you mean by that comment, Tallaght Ballymun....and where may i ask are you from?
    Oh come on you know what they mean. Stereotypical skobe, sprayed orange, big hair and a tacky outfit.

And before you ask, I'm from a "scobie area"

You may be from a "scobie"area (whatever that means) but let me remind you, Tallaght has a population of 140,000 people with 4 bad estate , please refrain from tarnishing us all with the same brush.... We are all not from council areas. And like myself a large amont of us are well educated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭MelonieHead

phasers wrote: »
    Also, the Geordie accent is a bit harsh isn't it? "Because ye're weeeerth it" doesn't sound that pleasant ;)

Never even thought of that

"'Coz em werth it, like."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

You may be from a "scobie"area (whatever that means) but let me remind you, Tallaght has a population of 140,000 people with 4 bad estate , please refrain from tarnishing us all with the same brush.... We are all not from council areas. And like myself a large amont of us are well educated.

This thread has absolutley nothing to do with Tallaght or what issues you may have about how people perceive it. You've taken one comment made a while ago and jumped on it. Please do not take it off topic or bring this up again.

Her debut single's first airplay is next week

• Registered Users Posts: 25 than

Beautiful but i hate her accent,i'd say she is a beautiful person inside -out, can't stand Lilly Allen!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Cabra. Another scobie area. I just don't happen to dress like the typical scobie.

She reminded me of these kind of girls

Advertisement