Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

The best of luck to our teams and mentors that are playing this weekend in there semi finals camogie hurling , on a week that we lost two ex stars Rip both of ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Fred Daly wrote: »
    where constantly am i posting about lads been wronged over the years. .

You're obviously suffering from an acute lack of self awareness so this is where the conversation ends

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭kilkennyboy

Will be interesting to see what cody goes with.I think he will go after the Waterford fullback line who gave up plenty goal chances against clare.
    It might be very old style but i can see alot of long aerial delivery into the square. And bypass the middle 3rd that Waterford flood.cahill could go with a sweeper but that probably frees up cillian in our defense.and our 5 forwards would be better than there 5 forwards .i think we could score
    3+goals and that should get us over the line.For a rematch with Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭brookville

Looking forward to the match Saturday evening.Our form has being up and down. Very good in the first half against dublin and threw the ball around well.We hung in against galway and richie turned the screw where galway had a few chances to kill us off but didnt.
    Colin and Walter have being substituted in the last two matches.It would be a big call to drop both but their form isnt up to scratch at the moment.We could see someone like billy ryan start.He was sharp in the first half against dublin.His pace will cause defenders trouble.
    Jamie barron is such a key player and link man.Conor Browne is usually deployed to these type of players.
    mossy will try keep de burca occupied and his direct running causes galway trouble
    Eoin cody was more comfortable corner foward the last day.He needs to be near the goal.The area between the two 40's will be a huge battlefield and will go along way to deciding this match.Waterford will bring huge workrate and they have a good spread of scorers.We will have to ready or our year finishes Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Hard to see Cody leaving off both Fennelly and Walter Walsh. I think Fennelly will start and probably play well. Walter is out of form, in fact he hasn't played well in a few years. Neither of them are good subs to bring on in my opinion. They both need time to get up to the pitch of a match. As a neutral I think it could be a great game if Waterford survive the first 10min onslaught on their fullback line. I think Cody will try and end it quick but im not sure there are going to be all these goal chances there was against Clare. Id be surprised if Cahill doesn't have De Burca much closer to Prunty and crowd it abit from the start back there . Ultimately I think it ll come down to Richie Hogan again coming on and getting a couple of opportunities and taking them. Brown will have to win his battle and win it well.Kilkenny by 2.
    How do Kilkenny people see the other semi going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Grats

Unfortunately for Wally and C Fennelly, and Kilkenny, they are off form. It was noticeable how our movement improved dramatically after both were substituted against Galway.

One step away from an All Ireland Final appearance, there's no room for sentiment. We don't know if the two players have found their form in the last two weeks. If they haven't, and I feel they haven't, I expect R Hogan and Billy Ryan to start. Deegan will most likely come in for the injured Leahy.

There's no guarantee that bringing Hogan on would work again. Can't risk falling behind and playing catch up for the rest of the match. An all out attack from the throw in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭blackcard

Grats wrote: »
    Unfortunately for Wally and C Fennelly, and Kilkenny, they are off form. It was noticeable how our movement improved dramatically after both were substituted against Galway.

One step away from an All Ireland Final appearance, there's no room for sentiment. We don't know if the two players have found their form in the last two weeks. If they haven't, and I feel they haven't, I expect R Hogan and Billy Ryan to start. Deegan will most likely come in for the injured Leahy.

There's no guarantee that bringing Hogan on would work again. Can't risk falling behind and playing catch up for the rest of the match. An all out attack from the throw in.

Fennelly scored 1-1 against Dublin and had an outstanding year at club level. One off day against Galway doesn't mean he is off form

blackcard wrote: »
    Fennelly scored 1-1 against Dublin and had an outstanding year at club level. One off day against Galway doesn't mean he is off form

He's clearly off form, as confirmed by the man himself in interviews. His club form has deserted him. But if he regained it in training over the last two weeks, great.

Easy have a off day when Daithi bourke is making you .probably best fullback since hickey or jj.what did you expect to say. "He is to good for me"

Easy have a off day when Daithi bourke is making you .probably best fullback since hickey or jj.what did you expect to say. "He is to good for me"

Who did D Burke mark after Fennelly went off?

• Advertisement

I'd say deegan will get his place back.Leahy is out.
    Although it's a big call with fennelly and Walter I think we will go with billy ryan and richie hogan

Grats wrote: »
    Who did D Burke mark after Fennelly went off?
    A better hurler .

A better hurler .

Cody just might start the better hurler!!! .

He struggles to finish games even for danesfort. So fennelly probably safer option. Big call drop the captain

He struggles to finish games even for danesfort. So fennelly probably safer option. Big call drop the captain

He does. Wouldn't be the first time that Cody dropped the captain. I would love to see C Fennelly line out but only if he's right.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭benji79

I’m actually expecting a big one from Fennelly, wouldn’t be a bit surprised to see him bang a couple of goals.

Think Eoin Cody might really announce his arrival to this level at weekend too

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭The_Ghost

First time in a while going into one of these games as favourites feels weird but I’m confident we’re gonna get the win in a really competitive game. Looking forward to the team news. Not only did fennelly score 1-1 against Dublin he also set up a goal, he’s captain and had a great club campaign for me he has to start. Hogan was brilliant against Galway but terrible against Dublin so I wouldn’t start him. Wally got a few points of the bench against cork last year and I think he’ll be lucky to keep his place.

Waterford go for goals a lot and we leave a lot of space in front of our back line and if there’s sweepers in play they play that system better and have a better sweeper which is slightly worrying. They also have as strong as panel as ours. I’d say Tommy Walsh might pick up Dessie who’s a fantastic hurler but struggled against limerick. Other than that I’d say the matchups will take on a live of their own.

Leahy is a massive loss as it’s the type of game that would suit him. Both teams could give up goals I’d expect colin and Tj to be inside they both seem to play well against Waterford too so hopefully. Their fullback line was poor against a poor clare side who should have got it back to 2 points coming down the stretch but they looked good against limerick so it’s really hard to know. Team I expect

Murphy
    Delaney Lawor Walsh
    Deegan Walsh Buckley
    Fogerty Browne
    Cody Mossy Donnolly
    Ryan Fennelly Tj.

I'm the same think the gun is to his head and his career in a kilkenny Jersey

I'm the same think the gun is to his head and his career in a kilkenny Jersey

To be fair to C Fennelly I don't think it's a matter of a gun to his head or worry about his career. He's had a long few years, has lost form, he realises it as does Cody. If he doesn't start that's it in a nutshell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

He is talented Hitler no doubt but talking to KK men his attitude stinks
    Also off the field behaviour I've seen videos of him

• Advertisement

sasta le wrote: »

Of Hitler?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭redlead

sasta le wrote: »

He really turned the German economy around in the 30s but I'd have to agree with you on his attitude, what did the Jews ever do to anyone ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

My only concern with TJ in the full forward line is it makes de Burcas positioning easy as he just sits deep in front of the full back line whereas if you leave Colin inside with TJ outside you make him make a decision - does he leave TJ one on one to whomever is detailed to mark him (presumably the half back with the red helmet who marked Tony Kelly whose name has completely slipped my mind) or does he push out to help.

Is Fives fit? He's a big loss for Waterford - really good hurler imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Kil v Wat
    E Murphy
    C Delaney H Lawlor T Walsh
    P Walsh C Buckley P Deegan
    C Browne C Fogarty
    J Donnelly TJ Reid M Keoghan
    B Ryan R Hogan E Cody
    Subs
    D Brennan
    P Murphy
    J Holden
    C Wallace
    R Reid
    A Murphy
    C Fennelly
    W Walsh
    L Blanchfield
    G Aylward
    N Brassil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Big calls there in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭benji79

Cody isn’t one for dummy teams but this smells of it!

benji79 wrote: »

It's not a dummy team.That team will start.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭droppingball

No chance that is a dummy team, classic cody the boys will be ready for road coming off the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

I’m actually expecting a big one from Fennelly, wouldn’t be a bit surprised to see him bang a couple of goals.

Think Eoin Cody might really announce his arrival to this level at weekend too

Keep throwing out names of players you expect to have a ‘big one’ and eventually select the ‘one’.......v Galway was anyone suggesting ‘richie’ as the super sub that might ‘turn the games’ on its head....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

As a wexford supporter I can confirm every championship game against us sense 2017 Cody has picked a dummy team

Actually famously did it against Waterford in 2016 springing Blanchfield

Personal opinion I'd keep richie til the last 20 mins, I think 1 of Wally or Fennelly will start but not sure which one of them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement