Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Silva just got released, it'd be nice if he retired now but you'd imagine he will go to one or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I'm having Jones over Stipe everyday. I think come fight night he'll look like the bigger man. He'll keep Stipe out of range with his reach advantage (both arms and legs). I think he can do that for five rounds along with working Stipe over in the clinch. I'd prefer see Jones take him down as I think he'll have the bigger advantage if he puts Stipe on his back. Age waits for no man and Stipe is getting up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'll be checking for bookies that are taking odds on Jones failing a drug test after the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,498 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm finding it very hard to gauge. Stipe is one of the most underrated fighters in the UFC.
    Jones is probably the smartest fighter in the UFC.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'll be checking for bookies that are taking odds on Jones failing a drug test after the fight.

The only risk with that bet is that he could fail the drugs test before the fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Im sure Stipe will get a few oblique kicks and eye pokes from Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

xtal191 wrote: »

Jesus. What a ****ing idiot. They should cut him for that alone.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Jesus. What a ****ing idiot. They should cut him for that alone.

Dabbed on the scales when they announced he was over too.

Tony v Oliveira booked for 256.

Another great fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

ASOT wrote: »
    Tony v Oliveira booked for 256.

Another great fight.

Bit of a step down in terms of rank for Tony but should be a great fight all the same. Bet the house on Tony

Bit of a step down in terms of rank for Tony but should be a great fight all the same. Bet the house on Tony

Wouldn't agree myself, Oliveira is 7 fight win streak all by finish. Beat Kevin Lee last time out with a nice sub.

I'll see what the prices are but I'll probably take a punt on him, after the beating Tony took off Gaethje I'd be worried about where he is at. Perfect fight for him if he wants to get back into title contention but.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

Yeah I don't think that's a step down for Tony at all. Olivera is rock solid and has looked phenomenal the last straight run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

There's not much else there for Tony. Conor and Poirier already booked, Gaethje already beat him.
    Oliviera would be the next nest thing. Or Dan Hooker, but he lost to Poirier last time out.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Homelander wrote: »
    Yeah I don't think that's a step down for Tony at all. Olivera is rock solid and has looked phenomenal the last straight run.

It’s a move from fighting #1-2 to #6.
    Technically step down, but a completely normal one after a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Everything points to Gathje v Chandler now I suppose? Chandler will probably beat Gathje, I'd have preferred him to fight Tony!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

If you are going to post about a result of a fight from a recent card spoiler tags!! Next time its a ban for a week.

Dean barry has somehow swindled himself into the ufc

Good stand up striker, needs serious work in his takedown defence and ground game. I'd like to see him get a good match up for his first fight.

Delighted to have another irishman in the UFC and he genuinely comes across as a really nice lad.

He was heavily involved in GSP's camp for the Bisping fight. He spent a good long while over there training before coming back to Ireland. Speaks somewhat of his credentials as a striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

At least he is testing himself at the highest level unlike them SBG lads who live in their own bubble fighting cans.

If he ain't matched against strikers he will be in an awful bad place I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

At least he is testing himself at the highest level unlike them SBG lads who live in their own bubble fighting cans.

Isn't he in SBG Charlestown?

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Isn't he in SBG Charlestown?

Yeah he trains solely out of there with Roddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

7 fights in under a minute
    https://gfycat.com/selfreliantniftyleech

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Yes bro. Love it bro. Animal bro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭weemcd

D.Q wrote: »
    Yes bro. Love it bro. Animal bro.

Anyone ever seen or heard of Ryan "Chaos" Curtis? Seems to work as a barber but going by his social media feed you'd think he was the man McGregor wished he could be.

I mean who does this:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B8ixiiIgudx/?igshid=yhe9rct62qjh

Versace "Chaos Cartel" bathrobe:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

weemcd wrote: »
    Anyone ever seen or heard of Ryan "Chaos" Curtis? Seems to work as a barber but going by his social media feed you'd think he was the man McGregor wished he could be.

I mean who does this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiAZreOAeFW/?igshid=ti5n1uyllqvj

Wow!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Wow!

"Future World Champion" at 4-2 with 2 loses in his last 3 according to Sherdog...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,498 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

There's only one chaos, that's Khaos Williams.

weemcd wrote: »

I mean who does this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiAZreOAeFW/?igshid=ti5n1uyllqvj

I believe he has turned down a contract with Bellator last year (when Bellator were signing up all the Irish lads) because he only wants to go to the UFC.

How he thinks the UFC are going to come looking for him when he has 7 fights in 5 years since his debut, and 3 fights in the last 3 years and is 1-2 in those.

At the very least he should be chasing after fights in Cage Warriors.

• Advertisement

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I believe he has turned down a contract with Bellator last year (when Bellator were signing up all the Irish lads) because he only wants to go to the UFC.

How he thinks the UFC are going to come looking for him when he has 7 fights in 5 years since his debut, and 3 fights in the last 3 years and is 1-2 in those.

At the very least he should be chasing after fights in Cage Warriors.

Wow. That's delusional if I ever heard it. Going by his posts I'm not surprised though. In his own mind the lad is making 7 figures and has a global following... he should have grabbed the opportunity with both hands and made a few quid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement