Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dewalt battery

• 24-11-2020 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hello all
    I've 2 dewalt batteries 2ah n they just seem to be gone dead. 3 yrs old with a fair amount of work done. When I try to charge them the light goes red after a min n they show 2 bars but the have little or no power. Have a 5ah one as well for longer n it's still good. Any fix for them please or are they finished.
    Thanks all😭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

That can be a problem with the 2 Amp batteries, its twice as easy to overwork then as it is the 4Amp or 5Amp ones. Thats the way they go by accepting less and less charge but still showing some charge.

I'd say there's nothing you can do except recycle them although it is possible to open them up and replace the individual cells.

Screwfix have a decent deal on the 4Amp batteries atm https://www.screwfix.ie/p/dewalt-dcb182-xj-18v-4-0ah-li-ion-xr-battery/61372 for 55 quid.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,364 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

lidl have 18V batteries that have the same 18650 cells inside. These batteries are quite cheap, €15 or so. If you don't mind a bit of soldering you could swap over the cells with the ones in your battery, or just change the dead cell(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,570 ✭✭✭✭listermint

lidl have 18V batteries that have the same 18650 cells inside. These batteries are quite cheap, €15 or so. If you don't mind a bit of soldering you could swap over the cells with the ones in your battery, or just change the dead cell(s).

Really ? Seems a tad cheap for that size battery. Last time I checked they were 30 plus

Advertisement