Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Build Back Better

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

From that link:
    Author's note: Some people have read this blog as my utopia or dream of the future. It is not. It is a scenario showing where we could be heading - for better and for worse. I wrote this piece to start a discussion about some of the pros and cons of the current technological development. When we are dealing with the future, it is not enough to work with reports. We should start discussions in many new ways. This is the intention with this piece.

There is no great plot for someone to appropriate our possessions. Just someone writing a modern day 1984 short story. AI & a more and more reliance on technology is happening.

How is his idea here even practical? I have to wait for Steve to finish his meeting before I can use my living room?
    In our city we don't pay any rent, because someone else is using our free space whenever we do not need it. My living room is used for business meetings when I am not there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Fodla

namloc1980 wrote: »
    https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/11/how-life-could-change-2030/

Here's the offending article. I can't believe you are getting your knickers in a twist over this. Absolutely hilarious. I'd suggest you take a break from this for a while. Having fear over this is probably not good for you.

If you read my post you'll see that it's not the article that concerns me. It's WEF choosing to retweet a link to a four year old article about human beings owning nothing by the year 2030. The reason it worries me is because they chose to retweet it a couple of months before the Great Reset, during which gigantic changes are set to be proposed. That's my fear. Not the article. I don't know why people are focusing on the article. I'm focusing on WEF retweeting a link to an article about owning nothing by 2030. Not the content of the article. They could've retweeted a link to any other article, but instead they chose an article about communism. People have been suggesting that the Great Reset is going to be used to push communism across the world under the guise of 'sustainability' and 'safety'.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,395 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Fodla wrote: »
    If you read my post you'll see that it's not the article that concerns me. It's WEF choosing to retweet a link to a four year old article about human beings owning nothing by the year 2030. The reason it worries me is because they chose to retweet it a couple of months before the Great Reset, during which gigantic changes are set to be proposed. That's my fear. Not the article. I don't know why people are focusing on the article. I'm focusing on WEF retweeting a link to an article about owning nothing by 2030. Not the content of the article. They could've retweeted a link to any other article, but instead they chose an article about communism. People have been suggesting that the Great Reset is going to be used to push communism across the world under the guise of 'sustainability' and 'safety'.

Any chance you could answer my question??

how they can make this happen. How will they take your house, Car, T.V, PlayStation, Watch, Cash, Jewelry, clothes etc?

Any chance you could answer my question??

how they can make this happen. How will they take your house, Car, T.V, PlayStation, Watch, Cash, Jewelry, clothes etc?

I have no idea. I'd like to know myself.

I'm not saying it's going to happen. I'm just making people aware of what road WEF, based on their retweeting a link to an article about owning nothing by 2030, may be going down with their reset.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    From that link:

There is no great plot for someone to appropriate our possessions. Just someone writing a modern day 1984 short story. AI & a more and more reliance on technology is happening.

How is his idea here even practical? I have to wait for Steve to finish his meeting before I can use my living room?

Yes, but is the timing of the retweet not odd? A couple of months before the Great Reset. Big changes are being promised. Wouldn't owning nothing be a big change?

And they could've chosen any other article to retweet a link to, but they chose one about owning nothing by 2030.

• Advertisement

I have no idea. I'd like to know myself.

I'm not saying it's going to happen. I'm just making people aware of what road WEF, based on their retweeting a link to an article about owning nothing by 2030, may be going down with their reset.

So you're afraid of something but you're not sure what it is or how it could possibly happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I'm going to hazard a guess and say the the World Economic Forum won't be confiscating the property of every human being on the planet in the next 10 years.

So you're afraid of something but you're not sure what it is or how it could possibly happen?

I'm afraid of owning nothing by 2030. I'm afraid that WEF and the UN, through the Great Reset and Agenda 21/2030, are going to try to push communism on the world. The WEF retweeting a link to an article about owning nothing by 2030 doesn't reassure me.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Yes, but is the timing of the retweet not odd? A couple of months before the Great Reset. Big changes are being promised. Wouldn't owning nothing be a big change?

And they could've chosen any other article to retweet a link to, but they chose one about owning nothing by 2030.

They have been posting about sustainable food production & cutting down on food waste today.

Are they going to go trawling through people's bins to see who is wasting food? See how easy it is to go down a rabbit hole by looking at one thing.

Do you know how many other historic articles WEF re-tweeted, or was this the only one in their archives they did this to?

namloc1980 wrote: »
    I'm going to hazard a guess and say the the World Economic Forum won't be confiscating the property of every human being on the planet in the next 10 years.

I hope you're right. There's talk of vaccinating the planet, so the powerful people of the world have shown that they don't exactly shy from thinking big.

I wonder what the gigantic changes Schwab is proposing are going to be. I wonder why WEF retweeted a link to an article about communism.

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    They have been posting about sustainable food production & cutting down on food waste today.

Are they going to go trawling through people's bins to see who is wasting food? See how easy it is to go down a rabbit hole by looking at one thing.

Do you know how many other historic articles WEF re-tweeted, or was this the only one in their archives they did this to?

I take your point, but I still find the timing of the tweet suspicious. Private property is considered to be unstustainable and unjust by those who are behind Agenda 21/2030. Agenda 2030 and the Great Reset go hand in hand. I base this on WEF strengthening its commitment to Agenda 2030 late last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,747 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I take your point, but I still find the timing of the tweet suspicious. Private property is considered to be unstustainable and unjust by those who are behind Agenda 21/2030. Agenda 2030 and the Great Reset go hand in hand. I base this on WEF strengthening its commitment to Agenda 2030 late last year.

You possibly need to stop using conspiracy sites as sources of information

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/07/23/fact-check-uns-agenda-21-2030-agenda-wont-create-new-world-order/5474884002/

I'm afraid of owning nothing by 2030. I'm afraid that WEF and the UN, through the Great Reset and Agenda 21/2030, are going to try to push communism on the world. The WEF retweeting a link to an article about owning nothing by 2030 doesn't reassure me.

Afraid if what? You can't even explain how this could possibly happen, are you afraid of a satellite falling on your head? Maybe a meteorite landing on your house? What if you leave home tomorrow and are trampled by a herd of elephant or the orient express goes off the rails and runs you over?

There is more chance of any of those things happening than the WEF or anyone else taking all of your repossessions in the next 100 years never mind the next 10.

Afraid if what? You can't even explain how this could possibly happen, are you afraid of a satellite falling on your head? Maybe a meteorite landing on your house? What if you leave home tomorrow and are trampled by a herd of elephant or the orient express goes off the rails and runs you over?

There is more chance of any of those things happening than the WEF or anyone else taking all of your repossessions in the next 100 years never mind the next 10.

but it was retweeted..

Dohnjoe wrote: »

Health passports were dismissed as a conspiracy theory and an international one is being trialed as we speak. An Irish one is being trialed. Immunity passports were dismissed as a conspiracy theory and now England is set to introduce freedom passes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Caraibh

Stephen Donnelly said the other day that he wants to build back better. Pedro Sánchez said in September that he wants to rebuild better.

Caraibh wrote: »
    Stephen Donnelly said the other day that he wants to build back better. Pedro Sánchez said in September that he wants to rebuild better.

And the point of that is???

And the point of that is???

That they're all saying the same thing across the West. It could be a coincidence, but I would've thought it highly unlikely that they all thought of the exact same slogan.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,951 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

If a conspiracy theorist watched an episode of "catchphrase"... Would their heads explode????

Hummmmm

sydthebeat wrote: »
    If a conspiracy theorist watched an episode of "catchphrase"... Would their heads explode????

Hummmmm

Do you not find it strange that they're all saying 'build back better'? Just like they all said 'new normal'. Oh, and 'dark winter' or 'dark days ahead'. And Trudeau called for a 'reset' in September. It's all Great Reset speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

That they're all saying the same thing across the West. It could be a coincidence, but I would've thought it highly unlikely that they all thought of the exact same slogan.

So its more likely that hundreds of thousands of politicians across the globe have all universally and simultaneously agreed to some secret nefarious plot and not one one them has spoken up?

Thats more likely? Really?

The Nal wrote: »
    So its more likely that hundreds of thousands of politicians across the globe have all universally and simultaneously agreed to some secret nefarious plot and not one one them has spoken up?

Thats more likely? Really?

I can't think of any other explanation for the exact same response worldwide (or it might be more accurate to say in the West) and the exact same language and slogans being used. It can't be a coincidence. And Trudeau called for a reset in September. The Bank of Canada gave a presentation in August entitled 'The Great Reset'. I'm sorry for straying a bit from 'build back better' with the Great Reset, but the problem is that 'build back better' is Great Reset speak.

Build: Basic verb relating to economies and growth.
    Back. Return to where we were.
    Better: One of the first comparatives any language learner learns.

It's really not so unlikely that those three words would be put together by politicians talking about the future of countries going through difficulty. They could say seventeen different phrases in a week that all mean the same thing, but the conspiracy theorists trawl through footage and find those three words

You've used that phrase yourself plenty of times in life. Talking about a football team. Or Civ. Or anything really. But you think it's more likely that politicians all over the world are in on some grand plan together, rather than some of the tens or hundreds of thousands of political figures in the world happening to use those words together during a pandemic.

Lunacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭blackbox

I hope you're right. There's talk of vaccinating the planet, so the powerful people of the world have shown that they don't exactly shy from thinking big.

Do you not think that vaccinating everybody would be a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I can't think of any other explanation for the exact same response worldwide (or it might be more accurate to say in the West) and the exact same language and slogans being used. It can't be a coincidence. And Trudeau called for a reset in September. The Bank of Canada gave a presentation in August entitled 'The Great Reset'. I'm sorry for straying a bit from 'build back better' with the Great Reset, but the problem is that 'build back better' is Great Reset speak.

This has been claimed before, but again, the posters who claimed it couldn't actually explain anything about their theory or why it concerned them.

They were just vaguely "afraid".

Have you actually read the book "The Great Reset"?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

The more probable answer is that the people saying these have heard them being said elsewhere and thought that it is a good phrase to use to address a situation. This does not mean that its a grand scheme devised against the people.

Its the same way as how people across the world, decide to use new phrases and then these become a thing. "Woke" "the lefty libs" as recent examples

Do you not find it strange that they're all saying 'build back better'? Just like they all said 'new normal'. Oh, and 'dark winter' or 'dark days ahead'. And Trudeau called for a 'reset' in September. It's all Great Reset speak.

Right, and what is the conspiracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Mod: if you think a poster is breaking the charter, please report the posts and the Mods will look into it, please do not drag the thread off topic by making accusations

• Subscribers Posts: 40,951 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Not for one second do I find any of that strange....

If you do I suggest you may have some low grade apophenia

• Advertisement

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Right, and what is the conspiracy?

That they are reading from the Great Reset script.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement