Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,547 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I couldn't give a fook about his contracts

I want Canelo to get a poxy move on and start fighting at SMW and LHW

Canelo is the type fighter that has the skills that can allow him to really press home his legacy....he can move to LHW and he can compete with the lads there....

His last few years have been very stale......

Two fights v GGG and a few nothings after this......Kovalev being a strangely odd show....

Canelo is being hyped as the global star of the sport......he needs to get a move on

Similar to the 6 fight deal Floyd did a few years ago..Canelo needs thisl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Katie Taylor fight on sky sports facebook and youtube. Sky must of took some hit from that uysk fight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

but1er wrote: »
    Sky must of took some hit from that uysk fight

What do you mean - that so few watched it, they need to bring in an audience by any means necessary?

Anybody giving Brook a prayer this week?

I think he is just too slow, past his best, and not near the fighter that Crawford is

This should be a very convincing win for Crawford...

But if you listen to Brook talk, you would think Crawford is in serious trouble

Hoping Crawford then actually meets someone really good in 2021....for the first time ever..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

If only Katie had a bit of power in her punch. I've cooled on her a bit after the DP fights. Didn't learn from the first and although I had her winning both I don't think she or her team learnt enough from the first fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

but1er wrote: »
    Katie Taylor fight on sky sports facebook and youtube. Sky must of took some hit from that uysk fight

There are 3 female fights headlining. Whilst great for them, I don't think that in terms of ratings it would pull in much - even though 2 of them are English fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Campbell tests positive for corona, so the garcia fight is off, new date being looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭fitzparker

walshb wrote: »
    Anybody giving Brook a prayer this week?

I think he is just too slow, past his best, and not near the fighter that Crawford is

This should be a very convincing win for Crawford...

But if you listen to Brook talk, you would think Crawford is in serious trouble

Hoping Crawford then actually meets someone really good in 2021....for the first time ever..

No, not a chance at all. I think its a late stoppage, in fairness to him he is in great shape for it, but he took some damage to the eye against Spence and GGG, no matter what shape you are in the eye could be seriously damaged again which could potentially end his career. fair play to him getting one last go at a meaningful title how im not sure because his past 2 fights he was below par (one before that does not count)

after this I suspect a push for the Khan fight plus a rematch that nobody will want but Sky will drill it down our throat for 4 months and the 2 of them will retire rich

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

If only Katie had a bit of power in her punch. I've cooled on her a bit after the DP fights. Didn't learn from the first and although I had her winning both I don't think she or her team learnt enough from the first fight.

She's not a big puncher, but I don't think she'll need it to get a stoppage at the weekend.
    The difference in levels between them is striking and Guttierez was dropped and hurt by a non puncher at the end of her last fight.

ASOT wrote: »
    Campbell tests positive for corona, so the garcia fight is off, new date being looked at.

Looking for it to be added to the Canelo V Smith card mid Dec

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/MichaelBensonn/status/1328273129840447488?s=20

Floyd could be having another exhibition in Feb

Will Canelo-Smith happen next month?

Smith’s first fight against a quality fighter..

Hard to believe that Ring have him rated 1 at 168 lbs and still has not faced anyone quality..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Will Canelo-Smith happen next month?

Smith’s first fight against a quality fighter..

Hard to believe that Ring have him rated 1 at 168 lbs and still has not faced anyone quality..

Confirmed for December 19th and going to be on DAZN in the UK and Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

thats not a bad first month for Dazn,

£1.99 will get you Golovkin, Canelo - Smith and Campbell - Garcia (rumoured for the 26th Dec)

Canelo takes DAZN to court to leave the contract.... first fight as a free agent.... DAZN

Confirmed for December 19th and going to be on DAZN in the UK and Ireland.

Sweet..

Hope Canelo goes through him..

Will Sky Sports show this?

Or do you have to subscribe to DAZN?

it's not on Sky, it will be DAZN online. £1.99 a month I think

fitzparker wrote: »
    it's not on Sky, it will be DAZN online. £1.99 a month I think

Yep

I will download that, so...

Launches Dec 1 in UK and Ireland

Canelo a clear enough favorite at 4-1 on

Unless I have missed something with Smith, I see an in-form Canelo knocking him out

Smith may be rated highly, but has beaten nobody near Canelo's level...

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Butson

Thanks God this isn't on Sky.

Their whole model is based on PPV.

Will defo be signing up for Dazn here.

• Advertisement

Butson wrote: »
    Thanks God this isn't on Sky.

Their whole model is based on PPV.

Will defo be signing up for Dazn here.

Loads of their fights are not PPV, though, and that has included some bigger stateside fights...

Did I see that Campbell-Garcia could be on Dec 26?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Did I see that Campbell-Garcia could be on Dec 26?

Announced just there for Jan 2nd

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Canelo a clear enough favorite at 4-1 on

Unless I have missed something with Smith, I see an in-form Canelo knocking him out

Smith may be rated highly, but has beaten nobody near Canelo's level...

Tbh I thought John Ryder beat him, he won't be troubling Canelo !

Big Ears wrote: »
    Tbh I thought John Ryder beat him, he won't be troubling Canelo !

I scored it to Smith.

I think people were doing the usual here. Crediting the clear underdog that bit more simply because they were doing well..

But, regardless, Smith was very poor. He has beaten nobody. I think Canelo knocks him out..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

I was at the Fielding "fight". Here's hoping Smith brings more to the table and I think he will. To be fair he probably was looking beyond Rider but this is a huge step up and despite being the same age Canelo has twice the experience.

He does like smashing brits which is always good. Merry Christmas!!

I wonder will Smith afford Canelo too much respect, ala Kovalev...allowing Canelo time and space to go to work?

Smith’s key to victory is assured and committed aggression..

He is the bigger man. Taller, longer and rangier. He has heavy hands as well..

Needs to go in and give it a real offensive go. Take the centre of the ring and unload heavy and deliberate power..

Any timidness, cautiousness, reluctance, deference will see Canelo take this handy..

Smith needs to fight hard and determined..

You never know, he might just surprise himself, and us..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Celt11

Dubois Joyce on Saturday should be good .

A Sky Soprts card on this evening

Ryan Walsh vs Jazza Dickens at FW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Bolotniks stops Michel with 10 seconds to go in the light heavy final. Decent fight but Bolotniks just had too much firepower really.

Dickens v Walsh on next. Should be a good fight. Very hard to call.

Advertisement