Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Rail jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Got this this afternoon:
    We have now scored your three online assessment tools (the concentration test, rules test and the situational judgement test). We are pleased to inform you that you have met the standard required on each of these assessment tools. There were a large number of candidates who completed these tests but only a minority were successful. Congratulations on meeting the standard.
    Your results have now been provided to the HR team of Iarnród Éireann‐Irish Rail and will added to a pool of other candidates that have also met the standard on the online tests. When there are driver vacancies within the organisation then the HR team will start to invite candidates to face-to-face assessment centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Got this this afternoon:

Congrats.

I fell down on the IR LD-SJT.

And I have an idea how.

RAAT and MiniSCAAT were as I expected and above standard though.

Shame.

Best of luck with the next stage all.

Congrats.

I fell down on the IR LD-SJT.

And I have an idea how.

RAAT and MiniSCAAT were as I expected and above standard though.

Shame.

Best of luck with the next stage all.

Sorry to hear that, stay optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Sorry to hear that, stay optimistic.

Ah it's grand. It was a hit and hope.

I would be more píssed off if I failed the other two. I would like to know my scores though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Got this this afternoon:

Got the same! Thought they forgot about us :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Hi all I got the email that I passed the online tests. What comes next? I've read back through some of the thread but its confusing as some people are calling the next stage, stage 2, others stage 3 so not quite sure what's involved in the next stage. Is it a bigger version of what we did online or totally new tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DarkJ

No Email yet for me, although I did submit at the very last minute and hope that's the reason. I didn't bother doing the Trial Test either but I know thry won't hold that against me ��

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DarkJ

No Email for me yet. I didn't submit until the last minute so I'm hoping that's the reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Lima Golf wrote: »
    Hi all I got the email that I passed the online tests. What comes next? I've read back through some of the thread but its confusing as some people are calling the next stage, stage 2, others stage 3 so not quite sure what's involved in the next stage. Is it a bigger version of what we did online or totally new tests?

Pre Covid, we were called to Inchicore to do part one. pass that and then you are called back for part two.

Your knowledge of the NATO alphabet better be more than a brand of mobile handsets! LG.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Beebop20

Anyone know what to expect for the next round of tests in test centre?
    Did many applicants fail those ones previously?
    Appreciate any info

• Advertisement

Beebop20 wrote: »
    Anyone know what to expect for the next round of tests in test centre?
    Did many applicants fail those ones previously?
    Appreciate any info

They send you a PDF of practice tests. They are simple enough compared to the actual tests. They run through everything beforehand on the day also and the rest is up to you.

prinzeugen wrote: »
    They send you a PDF of practice tests. They are simple enough compared to the actual tests. They run through everything beforehand on the day also and the rest is up to you.

Great thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Beebop20 wrote: »
    Great thanks

The practice ones they send you are way easier than the ones they'll make you sit.

Is it actually face to face or a written exam?

Is it actually face to face or a written exam?

It is a "in person" exam.

Pre-covid I was in a room with multiple people. Distanced etc so nobody could copy.
    Its a written exam. Some is multiple choice, some is written.

I did it pre covid so I dont know how it works now.

Having done it once, its nothing to get worked up about. You can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Kmcstar21

Hi guys, I’m new to this thread, but I got the email for the locomotive position saying I was successful in the 3 online tests. I know it says only a minority passed these tests, but how small a pool are we talking does anyone know? Is it a big deal to pass these tests or is it just a very small part of a long process? My fiancée thinks I should be delighted, but I’m just a bit sceptical that alot of people passed ya know?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

It's great that you got that far. You should be delighted, but the next set of tests are harder. And they'll still be picking the best of those who sit them. But you can only do your best. No reason you can't do really well at them.

Kmcstar21 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I’m new to this thread, but I got the email for the locomotive position saying I was successful in the 3 online tests. I know it says only a minority passed these tests, but how small a pool are we talking does anyone know? Is it a big deal to pass these tests or is it just a very small part of a long process? My fiancée thinks I should be delighted, but I’m just a bit sceptical that alot of people passed ya know?

I was wondering the exact same! Herself is delighted I've got even this far but I'm not getting ahead of myself just yet. I was wondering about the 'minority' part myself?

I suppose all we can do is try our best at the next stage :)

I was wondering the exact same! Herself is delighted I've got even this far but I'm not getting ahead of myself just yet. I was wondering about the 'minority' part myself?

I suppose all we can do is try our best at the next stage :)

Its a small part. The two in person tests break people. Start getting excited when you get asked to go for an interview/medical. And even then you might still not get the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Quadrivium

It is a "in person" exam.

Pre-covid I was in a room with multiple people. Distanced etc so nobody could copy.
    Its a written exam. Some is multiple choice, some is written.

I did it pre covid so I dont know how it works now.

Having done it once, its nothing to get worked up about. You can do it.

Was it a similar exam to the online tests? SCAAT etc. or was it a totally different exam? Thanks.

• Advertisement

Quadrivium wrote: »
    Was it a similar exam to the online tests? SCAAT etc. or was it a totally different exam? Thanks.

It is a vaguely similar format but involves much more information that you need to remember/understand.

You get a PDF of practice tests anyway in advance so dont worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Wellmade145

Just a quick one to anyone who applied for the on board cso job. And is wondering what the timeline is . I passed my medical at the start of october. Had my references checks by middle of october and received the offer end of October. I start November 23.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 NewUser1998

Hi guys, new to this thread, found some really useful insights from reading back from the start of the year. Currently I have passed the OPC tests and I’m waiting to hear any further update. Just out of curiosity, would being quite young applying for the driver role be an advantage or disadvantage?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭TheShepard

Hi guys, new to this thread, found some really useful insights from reading back from the start of the year. Currently I have passed the OPC tests and I’m waiting to hear any further update. Just out of curiosity, would being quite young applying for the driver role be an advantage or disadvantage?

In my class ages ranged from 26 to mid forties, so I'd go with no!

Any idea when the next round of tests are?
    Waiting patiently, applied for dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 27 NewUser1998

TheShepard wrote: »
    In my class ages ranged from 26 to mid forties, so I'd go with no!

I’m only just 22, should I be worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MrBumBum

No, theres been a few aged 24 and under came in the last year or so.

I'm 22 as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Just a quick one to anyone who applied for the on board cso job. And is wondering what the timeline is . I passed my medical at the start of october. Had my references checks by middle of october and received the offer end of October. I start November 23.

Congrats, where did you start and how did you get on today ?

For anyone eise interested, the CSO roles are back up on the website.

• Advertisement

Just got the email for the next round of tests in inchicore

Advertisement