Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

367 Days

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Galvin running Cheltenham tomorrow.

Assume its just to qualify? Probably only needs to be placed. Must check it out. Wouldn't surprise it he didn't win but obviously I'm not hoping they keep the handicap mark down so I hope it wins well.

Anyway I've done a wee muggy double with Galvin and Envoi Allen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Galvin will win the NH chase after that performance. Came in to write that and see that ye were already keeping an eye. Even longer would suit him judging from that

What had Galvin shortened into after that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

FatRat wrote: »
    Galvin will win the NH chase after that performance. Came in to write that and see that ye were already keeping an eye. Even longer would suit him judging from that

He will piss it with Codd on, they go a crawl in the nth chase so his gears will come in well later on if not heavy ground.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Slattsy wrote: »
    What had Galvin shortened into after that?
    madmoose wrote: »
    He will piss it with Codd on, they go a crawl in the nth chase so his gears will come in well later on if not heavy ground.

Easy game by all accounts. :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Easy game by all accounts. :pac::pac:

Yep. That race is decided. End of.

In fairness the NH is one of the easier races to call at Chelt. It always cuts up and ends up having half a field that obviously won't finish.

Yep. That race is decided. End of.

In fairness the NH is one of the easier races to call at Chelt. It always cuts up and ends up having half a field that obviously won't finish.

The arse is out of the value now anyway. 6/1 AP KWAYZY.

https://www.oddschecker.com/cheltenham-festival/national-hunt-chase/winner

I will be waiting until the day now.

Into 6s. Halved in price since yesterday. Ante post value has been snared.

Hopefully not another Champagne Classic, and gets pulled, though not sure I'm as bullish on Galvin as I was with CC.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Easywork at 25s for the RSA looks a big price to me. 2nd to Envoi Allen in the Ballymore and 2nd to a wonderful Asterion Forlonge performance at Leopardstown plus a 22l victory over Unexpected is very good form. Elliot has already said he's a stayer so with Envoi Allen probably going to the Marsh, Easywork looks to be his RSA horse

The RSA is shaping up to be one hell of a race.

• Advertisement

My baby is back, happy times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Mícheál Martin on TV3 last night said Irish health care workers and vulnerable will begin to get vaccination in mid December!
    Bolix Johnson in UK saying the same

Crowds at Cheltenham must be looking good now lads!!
    Maybe not capacity but if we got 1/3 capacity even it would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Mícheál Martin on TV3 last night said Irish health care workers and vulnerable will begin to get vaccination in mid December!
    Bolix Johnson in UK saying the same

Crowds at Cheltenham must be looking good now lads!!
    Maybe not capacity but if we got 1/3 capacity even it would be great

Not great for my Notebook Champion Chase bet at long odds!

Coneygree wrote: »
    Not great for my Notebook Champion Chase bet at long odds!

Eh?

Eh?

Notebook with no crowd to spook the horse would be a belter!

The contrast between the 3 hurdle races at Fairyhouse on Sunday is compelling. Well worth a look, around 22 mins in.

Ruby is great at analyzing races in fairness to the hooer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭akelly02

The contrast between the 3 hurdle races at Fairyhouse on Sunday is compelling. Well worth a look, around 22 mins in.

you will do well to find a better judge of pace on horseback. always had it sussed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

I posted here straight after the race that we had just seen the winner of the Triumph but to be honest I was shocked when I watched it back again during the week, after what transpired the last two years with Sir Erec and Goshen I am a little bit cautious about getting a it over excited about a juvenile again, but if my times are right for this race, I think we have seen an absolute monster.

The word was as well that Mullins was very keen on the second and was gobsmacked to be beaten so readily.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭akelly02

Boys , love him or hate him as a jockey and put all this 'he works for paddy's hes bound to give you losers ' aside, he is some man to dissect a horse race.

The bollox Clive smith used to say he was worth 5 lengths having him on his back, I'd say hes underestimating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭carq

Anyone planning on heading over ?
    Any word on crowds back for cheltenham meeting?

carq wrote: »
    Anyone planning on heading over ?
    Any word on crowds back for cheltenham meeting?

I would not be too fussed.

I am getting to the stage now where I actually don't like going to the big UK meetings, it is too busy. For the same money I would prefer to head over mid-summer and up to Yorkshire for some evening meetings and afternoon of golf etc etc. Better value. You can get a full weeks racing in for the same money as a 2/3 trip to Cheltenham, that's including accommodation. Yorkshire is great value for racing, check it out.

I went Gold Cup day 2019 and literally saw nothing and spent the whole afternoon queueing. You see a lot more from the comfort of your local bar stool and you can fall home in your own time.

There are Ryanair flights from Leeds to Farranfore now also. So you can be in Killarney one day and on the knavesmire the next for 2.99 if you play your cards right.

I'd say its6m fairly certain there will be crowds but it won't be usual.
    Maybe members plus 5k general sale tkts a day
    Regardless, I can't wait
    Still, unrivalled. The best week of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I'm worried we'll be in lockdown for Cheltenham :(

I'm worried we'll be in lockdown for Cheltenham :(

Not going to happen.

It is a lot cheaper to inoculate the country than it is to fork out € 350 covid payments every week.

The beginning of the end has started.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Not going to happen.

It is a lot cheaper to inoculate the country than it is to fork out € 350 covid payments every week.

The beginning of the end has started.

I hope your right, but id imagine travel to and from uk will be an issue unless we have taken the vaccine already, which will be a problem unless your over 80 and in a home. No way everyone will have it got my mid march

Leo was on Newstalk Friday saying he anticipates level 1 by March
    Game on if so
    Once the nursing homes, health care staff and vulnerable are looked after the rest of us will have a lot more freedoms

• Advertisement

A lot depends on how bad things get over Christmas. I wouldn't be holding much faith in the roll out of vaccines anyway. I'd say it'll be well into Summer before that's a thing for the average Joe. It won't be a case of take the vaccine and we're sound, it'll be a painful wait to see how it takes across the population at large.

Said I'd make my first trip over there last year and couldn't because of Covid and said I'd go next year instead. I didn't think Covid would still be news 9 months later but here we are. I think I'll give this year a skip too even if there's no restrictions. I'd settle for the pubs being open.

Advertisement