Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 likely to be man made

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

King Mob wrote: »
    Why should we ignore those people then? They have plenty of evidence that it's a vast Jewish conspiracy
    They have tons of experts on their side.

And you just dismiss them out of hand because as they would say "you're just brainwashed by the Jewish controlled media".

How do you know it's not possible?

It's not possible that the buildings in 9/11 were destroyed by controlled demolitions, yet you believe that.

Is it impossible that there's a Jewish lead conspiracy to inflate the numbers in the Holocaust?

Firstly, you accused me of insisting that we should consider that those who deem the Holocaust to be a Jewish conspiracy be worthy of attentoin. On top of that you siad such a stance is that, i.e. ME, of a Holocaust Denier.

Secondly, you bring up buildings being deliberately demolished and insist that this is my assertion.

I have said neither. Do you wish to make any more fallacious accusations?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

Tiny penis ^

You guys are so sensitive to basic questions.

If people didn't spend so much time avoiding, dancing around and complaining about them and just answered them directly and dishonestly...

Your stance is that you believe something. When someone doesn't believe what you believe you either

A. Demand an alternative explanation.

2. Call them a tinfoiler.

D. Accuse them of some manifestation labelled "incredulity"

Their ;)

Could you not correct the collective, as well?

id est, ostriches have more than one head.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,223 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Firstly, you accused me of insisting that we should consider that those who deem the Holocaust to be a Jewish conspiracy be worthy of attentoin. On top of that you siad such a stance is that, i.e. ME, of a Holocaust Denier.

Secondly, you bring up buildings being deliberately demolished and insist that this is my assertion.

I have said neither. Do you wish to make any more fallacious accusations?
    Lol you're moaning about false statemenys, yet you are falsely accusing me of stuff here.

Why shouldn't we listen to Holocaust deniers?
    I asked you this because I thought it was obviously something that we shouldn't consider seriously. Yet your argument is that we should always listen to the minority. I asked you to explain the difference. You dodged this question as per usual.
    I wasn't accusing you of being a Holocaust deniers, I was pointing out that your argument has a flaw because it can also be used to defend Holocaust denial.

You seem very sensitive and easily triggered by this sort of thing. You should grow thicker skin, because if you are going to be promoting silly conspiracy theories you'll have to comfortable sharing your bed with Holocaust denial.
    There's a lot of overlap between anti semetism and conspiracy theories.

And again I'm sorry for offending you by suggesting you might believe in the most common belief in conspiracy circles. Perhaps if you directly answered questions instead of dodging you could avoid such offense in the future.

Since you don't believe in the explosive demolition, which other theory do you subscribe to?
    Should we reject out of hand the conspiracy theorists who suggest explosives?

• Advertisement

Lol you're moaning about false statemenys, yet you are falsely accusing me of stuff here.

Why shouldn't we listen to Holocaust deniers?
    I asked you this because I thought it was obviously something that we shouldn't consider seriously. Yet your argument is that we should always listen to the minority. I asked you to explain the difference. You dodged this question as per usual.
    I wasn't accusing you of being a Holocaust deniers, I was pointing out that your argument has a flaw because it can also be used to defend Holocaust denial.

You seem very sensitive and easily triggered by this sort of thing. You should grow thicker skin, because if you are going to be promoting silly conspiracy theories you'll have to comfortable sharing your bed with Holocaust denial.
    There's a lot of overlap between anti semetism and conspiracy theories.

And again I'm sorry for offending you by suggesting you might believe in the most common belief in conspiracy circles. Perhaps if you directly answered questions instead of dodging you could avoid such offense in the future.

Since you don't believe in the explosive demolition, which other theory do you subscribe to?
    Should we reject out of hand the conspiracy theorists who suggest explosives?

I am baffled as to why ou would think I am in the slightest bit upset by what you have written. I'm letting you know that your accusations and conclusions are bereft of rationale.

Yes, I said that the minority consensus should always be heard. I did not say that it should be believed.

The minority now in this part of the world still believe in the supernatural, i.e gods, afterlife and physically impossible "miracles". I'm not advocating that they be silenced much the same way that they silenced, and even killed, dissenters, when they comprised the majority..

And I didn't dodge any question. I merely refused to answer a question, tabled by you, that I felt was irrelevant.

You mention explosives.....I have no idea where you think that I mentioned such.

I am baffled as to why ou would think I am in the slightest bit upset by what you have written. I'm letting you know that your accusations and conclusions are bereft of rationale.
    Which conclusions?
    Yes, I said that the minority consensus should always be heard. I did not say that it should be believed.
    So then we should listen to Holocaust deniers and flat earthers?
    And I didn't dodge any question. I merely refused to answer a question, tabled by you, that I felt was irrelevant.
    Yea... Unless you've actually explained how it's irrelevant, that's ignoring questiins.
    You mention explosives.....I have no idea where you think that I mentioned such.
    I never said you did.
    But it's the most common belief expressed by conspiracy theorists who believe in 9/11 conspiracies.

I think such a thing is as ridiculous as flat earth and shouldn't be seriously considered.
    Do you believe in this version of the conspiracy given that you believe there is a conspiracy around 9/11.
    Rather than false accuse me of attributing beliefs to you and moaning about it, perhaps you should stop avoiding points and just state your position clearly.

Which conclusions?

So then we should listen to Holocaust deniers and flat earthers?

Yea... Unless you've actually explained how it's irrelevant, that's ignoring questiins.

I never said you did.
    But it's the most common belief expressed by conspiracy theorists who believe in 9/11 conspiracies.

I think such a thing is as ridiculous as flat earth and shouldn't be seriously considered.
    Do you believe in this version of the conspiracy given that you believe there is a conspiracy around 9/11.
    Rather than false accuse me of attributing beliefs to you and moaning about it, perhaps you should stop avoiding points and just state your position clearly.

Why are you bringing up explosives/explosions?

You already tried to link me to Holocaust denial.

Now you are trying to connect me with the notion of building explosions.

Why is that?

Why is that?
    But I've done neither of these things. You've just taken offense yo the notion for some reason.

I bring up Holocaust denial because it's obviously something that most rational people agree is vile nonsense. I assume this also includes yourself and I have stated this is my assumption.
    Now your argument is that we should "listen to the minority". Holocaust deniers are a minority. So by your logic we should listen to their claims with at least as much attention as real historians.
    This is obviously a problem with your logic as I see it.

You like most rational people reject Holocaust denial and agree they shouldn't be taken seriously.

So why do you exclude Holocaust deniers from the idea of "always listen to the minority"?
    It's a pretty simple question. Not sure why you're getting so huffy about it.

I bring up the notion of explosives for 9/11 to make a comparison. This is a common belief amount conspiracy theorists.

You say that we can reject and ignore flat earthers believe what they believe is impossible to you.
    I find the idea of explosive demolition in 9/11 equally as impossible as the notion of flat earth. (and so do you based on how upset you are about being accused of believing it.)
    So again your logic seems to say that we should ignore 9/11 conspiracy theorists because they propose something impossible.
    But you also state that we should listen to them.

So why should we listen to them according to you?

But I've done neither of these things. You've just taken offense yo the notion for some reason.

I bring up Holocaust denial because it's obviously something that most rational people agree is vile nonsense. I assume this also includes yourself and I have stated this is my assumption.
    Now your argument is that we should "listen to the minority". Holocaust deniers are a minority. So by your logic we should listen to their claims with at least as much attention as real historians.
    This is obviously a problem with your logic as I see it.

You like most rational people reject Holocaust denial and agree they shouldn't be taken seriously.

So why do you exclude Holocaust deniers from the idea of "always listen to the minority"?
    It's a pretty simple question. Not sure why you're getting so huffy about it.

I bring up the notion of explosives for 9/11 to make a comparison. This is a common belief amount conspiracy theorists.

You say that we can reject and ignore flat earthers believe what they believe is impossible to you.
    I find the idea of explosive demolition in 9/11 equally as impossible as the notion of flat earth. (and so do you based on how upset you are about being accused of believing it.)
    So again your logic seems to say that we should ignore 9/11 conspiracy theorists because they propose something impossible.
    But you also state that we should listen to them.

So why should we listen to them according to you?

You've never brought up explosions in buildings or Holocaust?

Now I think that you're just trolling, playing games or have lost the plot.

Go and harass someone else I say. I'm trying to have a serious discussion here, not be badgered by someone on a wind-up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,701 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I think there's a misunderstanding about context here.

You wrote that people with minority views should always be listened to correct?

If that's correct, it implies we should listen to everything, including stuff like Holocaust denial. Because that's a minority view (or fringe view or whatever we want to call it).

Anyway I think we're quite far off topic here.

Why is that?

He's always trying to link people to other things.

Been on these forums for years at it, apparently.

No, I never tried to link you to believing either of those things.

I've explained why I brought those up in very clear terms.

I think you are now feigning offense because you can't directly and honestly address my points.

You say that "the minority should be listened to" but what you actually means is "you should listen to the conspiracy theories I believe."
    When it comes to conspiracy theories you find distasteful (Holocaust denial), silly (flat earth) or don't want to commit to because it will make you look bad(explosive demolition at 9/11) you dismiss these out of hand without listening to the minority.
    You can't provide any good reason to make the distinction between good conspiracy theories and bad ones beyond your personal preference.

Again, if this isn't the case and you do have a good reason to make the distinction, we're all ears. But so far you've kept avoiding explaining what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,701 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

He's always trying to link people to other things.

Been on these forums for years at it, apparently.

It's straightforward logic and reason. But those who don't use either can't respond with either.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    It's straightforward logic and reason. But those who don't use either can't respond with either.

So both of you have been on this forum for years trying to 'debunk' all conspiracy theories? You both talk alike, both believe the same thing (ie no conspiracy theories), yet still spend a lot of time on the conspiracy theories forums. So, so strange..

We've questioned before the reasons why one person would bother doing this, let alone two.

I'm start to think you're both the same person. It's the only thing that would make sense :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,348 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So both of you have been on this forum for years trying to 'debunk' all conspiracy theories? You both talk alike, both believe the same thing (ie no conspiracy theories), yet still spend a lot of time on the conspiracy theories forums. So, so strange..

We've questioned before the reasons why one person would bother doing this, let alone two.

I'm start to think you're both the same person. It's the only thing that would make sense :pac:

Its simple really, conspiracy theorists are funny, they tie themselves in knots and come out with the most ridiculous things to try to make their story stick (magic mirror anyone?)

Its even funnier when you get two who have different ideas of how the conspiracy was supposed to happen, one says explosives while another says no explosive.

Yup. You've figured it out. We're the same person who works for the government.
    :rolleyes:

Yup. You've figured it out. We're the same person who works for the government.
    :rolleyes:

Fixed that for you. I'll be looking into this; you've been warned :pac:

Fixed that for you. I'll be looking into this; you've been warned :pac:
    Sure buddy. Good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

''Covid 19 likely to be man made.''

OK, that was always a theory, and truthers and conspiracy theorists don't own it and never have. Everybody wondered this. Yes everybody.

I generally dislike conspiracy theories and conspiracy theorists, and I never ruled out that it was a bio-weapon.

(for that matter, neither did I go around spouting that it was/wasn't, since there's no proof either way).

So there endeth the story. CV-19 is likely to be man made. The end.

The story is that its possibly man made.
    Anything else is just added on speculation. Story-time. Which is fun.

The important thing to remember is how one came to ones own theory.
    Did you arrive at the conclusion through a thorough scrutiny of established facts, or did you pull a fiction from your ass/an online forum/a combination of your ass and an online forum.

Now, obviously I can elaborate on CV-19 being a manmade virus. Further it.
    Say that it is an economic attack, and that its designed to target Latinos and Africans and the old and unwell, making way for young Chinese... this is due to Chinese fear of repercussions by white westerners who might find out.

There you go, there's my semi-baseless theory. Anyone can come up with a theory. It might even be right, at which point I can act all obnoxious.

Plus if its wrong I can just retreat into my ego and say that the sheeple wont listen to me and my wonderful narrative.

The best part is that its entirely free. My story about Latinos and the elderly and a fear of repercussion cost me nothing. Its my free lottery ticket.

If it wins I get to go 'see, told you so'.
    If it doesn't, no cost, nobody will call me on it.

Everyone wonders these things, everyone speculates in their mind, its just that conspiracy theorists go on to blab about it, and build their identities around these common speculations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9106951/Lab-leak-credible-source-coronavirus-outbreak-says-government-official.html

Surprise surprise! China lab leak is the 'most credible' source of the coronavirus outbreak, says top US government official + National Security Adviser Matthew Pottinger . Presume the usual suspects are still blaming the bats because the media told them too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

Buh watta bou da bats !...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

Shi Zengli doing function gain coronavirus research on bats in Wuhan versus bats from a cave 1000 miles away in a market that didn't sell bats. Western economies destroyed and China back up and running.

Nobel laureate Luc montagnier speaks out https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/Disputed-French-Nobel-winner-Luc-Montagnier-says-Covid-19-was-made-in-a-lab-laboratory
    but cave say papers of note.

Honestly don't get it, I want a full and proper investigation in Wuhan but looks like it'll never happen.

Feel sorry for Dr Li who seems genuine and has destroyed her career and endangered her family to be basically told to go back home to her own country

thebaz wrote: »
    Whether this is true or not is unclear right now , shocking if it is.
    But What I find totally unbelieveable are the statistics from China , the country where the virus originated, the largest country in the world , has the same number of cases as say Holland . Never mind ther military style lockdown , the virus would have run rampant throughout China in early days before ther lockdown as they would have been unaware of its existence , this did not happen except in Wuhan alone, and it has run rampant everywhere else in the world, not just in one city, that I find totally suspicious.

Russia is the largest country in the world.

splashuum wrote: »
    The most likely scenario is that the virus was taken from Chinese caves where the horseshoe bat is prevalent. The virus was then brought back to the WUHAN virology lab to study and alter. (this was admitted in various articles). It was then leaked either by accident or on purpose.

And why is that "most likely"?

And why is that "most likely"?

This is the conclusion Mi5, CIA and other major government officials have come to. I’m assuming your still buying the bat soup idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

This is the conclusion Mi5, CIA and other major government officials have come to. I’m assuming your still buying the bat soup idea?

Have you any credible links confirming this?

Have you any credible links confirming this?

Already posted in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,748 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Already posted in this thread.
    No you haven't those have already been debunked

Advertisement