Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Printer ink stains

• 13-11-2020 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

HELP!!! Does anyone know how to remove printer ink spill stains from a carpet? Kevkevkel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭gjim

Well, I'd start with assembling the team to organise the first public consultation. Send out fliers with the main options under consideration (salt, industrial solvent, new carpet, moving the sofa to cover the stain, etc.) and the expected timeline of events. After a few months of gathering feedback, hire a hotel with conference facilities in order to for the project team to present the a summary of findings from the public consultation. Allow the team some time to come up with a revised set of proposals. You'll then need money for the radio/TV publicity campaign in order to initiate the second public consultation. Before this though, the project team will probably need to expand in size as you apply for formal permission to start work on the emerging preferred solution. Assuming no strongly negative media pushback, you can start preparing the detailed proposal which you will need to submit to the other inhabitants of the household. You may have to wait a while before formal permission is granted. At this stage you can the actual procurement process - depending on the proposed solution this may involve a trip to Dunnes to buy carpet cleaner or salt. You will also need to fence off the affected area incase an unwitting member of the public wanders into the work site injuring themselves and ensure proper public liability. Finally work can commence - I'm afraid I don't have any advice on the actual work - but I'm sure the best solution will emerge during the process. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭blindsider

OP - that just might be a Civil Engineer's way of telling you that you posted in the wrong thread.....

Advertisement