Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Issues with the Dart tonight?

• 10-10-2018 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭

Apparently all the level crossings are remaining down? (20mins +)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Just tweeted that there is 30 minute+ delays due to a signalling fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Slow to get that message out. Massive queues at the southside crossings since 9.30 ish, tweet two mins ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Sadly lack of proper social media interactivity after hours is a general issue with cie if not in general Irish transport, and it does seem to have an impact on how they interact with passengers during disruption.

I had a fair few occasions, this being after 7pm where a bus wouldn't show up and when id tweet Dublin bus, I'd get a reply the next morning saying "sorry we were offline when you tweeted , did your bus come?"

You couldn't blame the staff who man twitter etc for this , they do a good job within their hours, but really as part of their contract with the NTA , ALL public transport providers SHOULD be made have a social media presence throughout their operating hours.

Sorry I may have gone on a tangent but there should be an online presence throughout the operating day and not just 7-7 or during disruption.

Advertisement