Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bus Eireann - Proposal to Tender 10% of Routes in 2021

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

Why do BE have such odd fleet numbers. I'm sure there are not 820 LFs in service with BE but yet the fleet numbers suggest they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭p_haugh

I believe the intention was for LF8xx to be the fleet code for the coaches specifically ordered for the 101/133 contract, but then they redesignated LF467 to LF820, which essentially makes that logic moot.

As far as I'm aware, other than what I mentioned above, there's no actual difference between the LF4xx and LF8xx coaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The LF8XX are for the 101/133 tender.

As I’ve posted already, the NTA have clearly decided that they need an additional double deck on the 101, hence LF467 has been reassigned to that tender as LF820.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Are those LFs based out of Drogheda or Broadstone?

Driver training on the LFs has been taking place in Drogheda seemingly so perhaps a mix of both.

Alternatively they could be assigned to Broadstone and just be swapped out during the day.

We shall have to wait and see!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭d51984

Elsewhere in the country, 6 new Limerick registered Lf's have arrived in Limerick

231L1513 through to 231L1518.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Saw an LF on the 101 this morning near Drogheda train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭d51984

Spotted one about 20 mins ago heading through Santry.

Its a disgrace Joe!

What's the Drogheda garage like for parking is it tight? I believe DB had an issue with parking the VTs in Bray outstation so all VT operated duties on the 145 were done out of Donnybrook. Possibly be similar for the LFs in Drogheda?

Official NTA announcement for the new timetables for the 101 & 133:

On the Bus Eireann website, it shows the timetables as valid from 7th May.

The 131 will terminate at Bray Train Station, unlike the 133B which terminated at Castle Street outside the Supervalu

• Advertisement

That's gonna be a tight squeeze with the 155, 184 and 185 terminating there aswell as the 84 handing over and the 45a passing through not sure how it's gonna work.

Indeed.

The proposed upgrades to the bus interchange outside the station might help. It's had planning permission since 2019, but there's no word on when that should start construction as far as I'm aware. And even then that proposed 3 bus bays, with no provision for any layover bays...

Edit: After checking the planning report, there's mention of a "short-term layover facility" on Quinsborough Road. Hopefully they make it so multiple buses can park up there.

Post edited by p_haugh on

I think you mean Quinsborough Road! :-)

Yep!

Don't know why I had Quinnsworth in my head 😂

Apologies for staying slighty off-topic, but I did some more digging and came across this twitter thread, which mentions (among other PT updates for Bray) that works on the interchange should begin in "Q2 2023", with a 12-18 month construction time.

This same info was also reported in the Wicklow Times in January

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Those plans for the new forecourt outside Bray Dart Station are going to be a very tight squeeze for the 131 to try and terminate the buses there.

Having only 3 bus bays for all of the other GA & Dublin Bus routes trying to stop their buses there also create significant challenges for other routes if they have to stop outside the station.

I personally would have shrunk the width of the big zebra crossing outside the entrance to the Dart station. I would also include an extra 1 or 2 bus bays and place them where the new proposed electric bikes charging points which directly outside the station.

And what about Finnegans?

They still operate their bus routes to both Southern Cross and to Sandyford Business District at the moment. Could they operate a reduced service to make them co-exist alongside the new L routes terminating at Bray Station?

Happened to be in Bray yesterday and saw VB515 and VB512 on the 131. One thing I noticed is that they didn't put in any new TFI stop poles, or even update the timetables on the existing stops for the new service. This is the same case for the existing 133 stops along the N11 from what I could see.

I thought this should have been a priority with a new contract being launched? Also I noticed that the route changes & additions were only added to the TFI Live app today. Again, something that should have been present for the launch of the changes.

The layover issue at Bray Station was prevalent yesterday as well. It seems the VBs lay over for around an hour, and the drivers were parking up outside the station for that whoie time. I had gotten a 45a from Boghall Road and a wheelchair user got on at the same stop. When we got to the train station, the driver was unable to pull into the curb, so they had to let the wheelchair user off into the roadway between parked buses. Luckily the wheelchair user had a helper, but stuff like this shouldnt have to happen in the first place. The VBs should have to layover on Adelaide Road/Quinsborough Road at a minimum.

No surprises there. The unaccountable NTA never cease to amaze me.

I've noticed that the 133 & 131 changes are now showing on Citymapper, but Google maps still hasnt been updated. This is something that should really be implemented at launch! Google Maps even still shows the 133x as a scheduled service.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭TranslatorPS

Interestingly enough GM/NTA* has been rather good at uploading new GTFS packages on the Dublin city network changes...

*) take your pick

• Advertisement
Advertisement