Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Struggling to find a marriage

• 18-09-2018 9:17am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm struggling to find a marriage record for Catherine Quin who according to the 1901 and 1911 census returns married someone by the name of McManus.
    She was born to Michael and Bridget Quin and died in Roscommon in 1938 aged 88.
    This death for William McManus in 1901 seems the likeliest candidate to have been her husband.
    I've searched all the usual places, except Roots, and found nothing but maybe someone else will have more luck and find something I missed.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Rootsireland doesn't have any Catherine and William marriages, but there is a Catherine and Michael marriage on 6 Feb 1869 in Dunmore, Tuam.
    She is listed as 21 and Michael as 26.

Advertisement