Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNES Mini

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gull

I’ve been following various websites every day and checking a few times a day. They never show in stock.
    Are they only instore and not showing online?
    Are they available forclick and collect or to buy instore only?
    It’s driving me mad cause I keep hear of people getting them but I can’t seem to see any in stock when I check every few hours. Am I just unlucky?
    Smyths say to check the website as all stock will show there.
    But then when I was in smyths in jervis during the week the guy told me when it was released they couldn’t get rid of them instore. They had loads. He said they weren’t showing online it was for walk ins only. Like how are people meant to know they are instock when online shows them out of stock?
    How am I meant to get one ? 😩😩😩

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Try calling into a few, Swords and Tallaght seem to get stock regularly but doesn’t appear on the website, keep an eye on the SNES mini thread in the Nintendo forum too

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Conrad89

SNES mini back in stock in some Smyths Athlone, Sligo, Blanchardstown, Swords and Carrickmines - for sale in store only tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14 wearypenguin

Available to order from amazon France this morning. Estimate delivery date next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Mine is reserved in GameStop, but I might have to wait until the turn of the new year until I get it. It'll be a nice opportunity to play the games that I never got a chance to play when I was younger, namely Donkey Kong Country, Super Castlevania IV, Super Metroid and F-Zero.

I never got to own a NES Mini, and I don't plan on getting one anytime soon, especially with the typically astronomical prices of nigh-on €200.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,492 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Mine is reserved in GameStop, but I might have to wait until the turn of the new year until I get it. It'll be a nice opportunity to play the games that I never got a chance to play when I was younger, namely Donkey Kong Country, Super Castlevania IV, Super Metroid and F-Zero.

I never got to own a NES Mini, and I don't plan on getting one anytime soon, especially with the typically astronomical prices of nigh-on €200.

Yep same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭kline64

Is everywhere sold out of the Nintendo classic mini snes, every site I go onto says out of stock 😢😢

kline64 wrote: »
    Is everywhere sold out of the Nintendo classic mini snes, every site I go onto says out of stock ����

They come in and out of stock in Smyths every now and then. Not in big numbers and in store only.

Same with Amazon, a few here and there. It's worth checking the various European Amazon stores (.es, .de etc). Amazon.it have had them constantly for over a week - they must have tonnes - and only €80, but unfortunately don't ship here. Maybe you know someone there who could score you one and send it.

If you want one and are willing to check regularly you'll get one eventually. I don't think there's ever going to be a massive restock but they'll come on sale in dribs and drabs for a few more months.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭kline64

They come in and out of stock in Smyths every now and then. Not in big numbers and in store only.

Same with Amazon, a few here and there. It's worth checking the various European Amazon stores (.es, .de etc). Amazon.it have had them constantly for over a week - they must have tonnes - and only €80, but unfortunately don't ship here. Maybe you know someone there who could score you one and send it.

If you want one and are willing to check regularly you'll get one eventually. I don't think there's ever going to be a massive restock but they'll come on sale in dribs and drabs for a few more months.

Thanks I'll try a few Smyths stores, I asked them on Twitter and they don't reckon they'll be getting anymore. I'll go around a few and hopefully one of them will have it

kline64 wrote: »
    Thanks I'll try a few Smyths stores, I asked them on Twitter and they don't reckon they'll be getting anymore. I'll go around a few and hopefully one of them will have it
    They're making enough this time that most people who want one will get one, you just have to keep an eye out and check fairly regularly. A lot of people have gotten them just by wandering into Smyths and getting lucky.

There's a UK stock checker here:
    https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-super-nintendo-entertainment-system-snes

Now some of these places will ship to Ireland; some won't. You'd be as well to figure out in advance who does and doesn't and get accounts set up beforehand so you can speed through the checkout process. I know Game certainly had some a few hours ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

I guess I'm waiting 'til new year as GameStop hadn't shipped as many SNES Minis as they thought they would. I'm still more looking forward to the Switch anyways, which I'll have at Christmas Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Have one of these picked up for xmas. Do you need to buy an ac adapter for it to work? Anyone know best place to pick one up that's suitable if so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Have one of these picked up for xmas. Do you need to buy an ac adapter for it to work? Anyone know best place to pick one up that's suitable if so?
    Phone charger works.

You can even power it from the USB port on a TV if you need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

DeWitt wrote:
    Phone charger works.

Ah sweet cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 oal22

Smyths have these back in stock if anyone is looking for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Just picked one up from Amazon UK, their units will ship from the 27th of January.

73 Euro total, with free shipping from Amazon UK.

There's a code BIGTHANKS

That will knock off £10 Sterling, 'free shipping' knocks off another £4 Sterling.

Paying in Euro gets you a total to pay of 73 Euro.

Code courtesy of hotukdeals.com

The code goes 'live' tomorrow, but works today, as I found out, after using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,964 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Any good guides for modding these to put more SNES games, and a Mega Drive emulator?

Advertisement