Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭curranbaz

Hey Big Mickey,

Looking at the following bed in a king-size:

https://bigmickey.ie/product/birlea-stockwell-wooden-bed-frame/

Also in the market for a new mattress to go with it! Which is the better option between the John Lewis & the Hilton 3000? Not sure about the memory foam top though in terms of heat/sweating as couldn't turn it as much if it's an issue!

What sort of price could u do for delivery 2 Dublin & removal of old mattress?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tonsass

Hi again

You can have the top with any of the following fillings at the same price

Natural Fillings

Latex

Gel

Memory

Manufacturer says he can make very similar to the image in the link with whatever finish on top that you prefer for 799 euro. As it's a special order it would take around 2 weeks to supply.

Bigmickey.ie

Bigmickey

Would you recomend any cheaper matresse that would b as good?

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

curranbaz wrote: »
    Hey Big Mickey,

Looking at the following bed in a king-size:

https://bigmickey.ie/product/birlea-stockwell-wooden-bed-frame/

Also in the market for a new mattress to go with it! Which is the better option between the John Lewis & the Hilton 3000? Not sure about the memory foam top though in terms of heat/sweating as couldn't turn it as much if it's an issue!

What sort of price could u do for delivery 2 Dublin & removal of old mattress?

Thanks

Hi curranbaz

A mattress is really a personal choice. We sell big quantities of both. The Hilton is turnable and only one of it's sides has memory foam. We have sold big numbers of Hilton and nobody has complained of heat/sweating on them. Delivery is free to Dublin. Old mattress removal is around 15 euro depending on size. Hilton is on offer currently at 399 euro. Hilton's are in stock but sold our last Stockwell king frame today but have more on order. Let us know if you want to proceed or you can purchase on www.bigmickey.ie

Thanks

Bigmickey

Tonsass wrote: »
    Would you recomend any cheaper matresse that would b as good?

Thanks

Hi Tonsass

The Hilton 3000 is absolutely great value at 399 for kingsize. The nearest model that we have to it is 200 euro more expensive plus its a twin sided mattress so you can turn it. Really nice mattress at an inexpensive price. You can call to our showroom if you would like to see it in advance.

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kisugem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 mazza12

Hi, my current mattress is a Respa 1400 gold and I really like it. Looking for something similar or better quality in King size along with a light grey base (with 2 storage drawers) and headboard. Would you have something in stock or available by the first week of July? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tonsass

Hi Tonsass

The Hilton 3000 is absolutely great value at 399 for kingsize. The nearest model that we have to it is 200 euro more expensive plus its a twin sided mattress so you can turn it. Really nice mattress at an inexpensive price. You can call to our showroom if you would like to see it in advance.

Bigmickey

Thank you. Have u a link to the hilton as i cant find it on your site? Also how much is delivery to limerick?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Buttynic

Hi Big Mickey,

Am looking for a good double matress for a teenager (age 14 but 5 foot 9) that plays quite a bit of sport so something comfy but supportive.

Amy recommendations woud be appreciate.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Hi Carnaica,

Can you measure the camp bed and double check that it is standard single size at 90cm X 190cm as a lot of these camp beds can be odd sizes. It would be best to go for a full foam option so it is flexible.

BigMickey

Hi Mickey,

Finally got around to measuring this today, it's 80 x 180 so unfortunately not standard size. I'm guessing it might not be cost effective to replace the mattress rather than the full thing (which is ridiculous but I know it's how it often is). Said I'd better check this out before I order the Vogue set so I can pay the full price at once if it works.

Edit: I see it's toddler bed size. Found this on Amazon, I'm guessing it would be hard to beat? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Miasuite-Orthopaedic-Breathable-Waterfoam-Retractable/dp/B07MP36Z3D/ref=sr_1_10?adgrpid=62021840767&dchild=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw26H3BRB2EiwAy32zhansW15mIADIfY9Eb-fqdT75HcXtdv6IC7MrVJQbFUDFqaa0zy4vOBoCBeUQAvD_BwE&hvadid=291389445794&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1007850&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=16065339882018452878&hvtargid=kwd-326449525140&hydadcr=14354_1797745&keywords=mattress+80+x+180&qid=1592340203&sr=8-10&tag=googiehydra-21

kisugem wrote: »

Hi

We sell pillows but stock of pillows is a bit on the low side at the min as we have not had a delivery of pillows since before the start of the lock down. Hopefully they will all be back in stock very shortly

Thanks for asking.

Bigmickey

• Advertisement

mazza12 wrote: »
    Hi, my current mattress is a Respa 1400 gold and I really like it. Looking for something similar or better quality in King size along with a light grey base (with 2 storage drawers) and headboard. Would you have something in stock or available by the first week of July? Thanks!

Hi

Yes we would have in stock already. I can send you some images on WhatsApp or Viber if that would work for you. You can contact us on 086 8356888 for images. Where would delivery be to ?

Bigmickey

Tonsass wrote: »
    Thank you. Have u a link to the hilton as i cant find it on your site? Also how much is delivery to limerick?
    Thanks

Hi

Here is a link to it on our sister site

https://dublinbeds.ie/product/hilton-3000-mattress-hilton-2000-upgrade/

Delivery is free to Limerick and I am pretty sure we are going to Limerick in the next few days.

Bigmickey.ie

Buttynic wrote: »
    Hi Big Mickey,

Am looking for a good double matress for a teenager (age 14 but 5 foot 9) that plays quite a bit of sport so something comfy but supportive.

Amy recommendations woud be appreciate.

Thanks

Hi Buttynic

Is this within your budget ?

https://dublinbeds.ie/product/hilton-3000-mattress-hilton-2000-upgrade/

Bigmickey

Caranica wrote: »
    Hi Mickey,

Finally got around to measuring this today, it's 80 x 180 so unfortunately not standard size. I'm guessing it might not be cost effective to replace the mattress rather than the full thing (which is ridiculous but I know it's how it often is). Said I'd better check this out before I order the Vogue set so I can pay the full price at once if it works.

Edit: I see it's toddler bed size. Found this on Amazon, I'm guessing it would be hard to beat? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Miasuite-Orthopaedic-Breathable-Waterfoam-Retractable/dp/B07MP36Z3D/ref=sr_1_10?adgrpid=62021840767&dchild=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw26H3BRB2EiwAy32zhansW15mIADIfY9Eb-fqdT75HcXtdv6IC7MrVJQbFUDFqaa0zy4vOBoCBeUQAvD_BwE&hvadid=291389445794&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1007850&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=16065339882018452878&hvtargid=kwd-326449525140&hydadcr=14354_1797745&keywords=mattress+80+x+180&qid=1592340203&sr=8-10&tag=googiehydra-21

Hi again

80 X 180 or 90 X 190 (Single) is the same price for the Vogue. Mattress is 199 euro or mattress and base is 299 euro. Headboards from 50 euro.

Bigmickey

Hi folks, what would you recommend for firm-ortho single mattresses in stock? Turnable preferably but not a strict requirement The current one (platinum pocket 2000 mayfair) we have from you was purchased in 2015 or 2016 so it's due a change! In Dublin.

Sorry, the 80 x 180cm is for a fold up mattress for a camp bed.

I will be buying a Vogue set either double or king plus headboard later in the week. Haven't decided which yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mazza12

Amazing thank you! I’ll contact you on Whatsapp. Delivery would be to Dublin 18
    Hi

Yes we would have in stock already. I can send you some images on WhatsApp or Viber if that would work for you. You can contact us on 086 8356888 for images. Where would delivery be to ?

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

Hi there, bought my last 2 beds from you guys- couldn't fault them

Am looking to get a price on a 6ft bed to upgrade my current king
    I slept on a miracoil mattress recently and really liked it
    What might you recommend? Mattress and Base needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

Good morning,

Also looking at a super king size mattress - the problem is that I live in a Dublin apartment and not sure whether it would fit in the lift - the apartment stairs would be no problem. Is that a possibility now or wait until after things calm down a little?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Setanter

Hi,

I am in the market for a SEALY Royal Cashmere 2900 Mattress or KING KOIL
    Grand Opulance 4200 Mattress. 5 foot.
    Can you point me at similar that you carry?
    Big (not tall) guy :)

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi folks, what would you recommend for firm-ortho single mattresses in stock? Turnable preferably but not a strict requirement The current one (platinum pocket 2000 mayfair) we have from you was purchased in 2015 or 2016 so it's due a change! In Dublin.

Hi there

The Platinum 2000 is now a turnable mattress. We pay extra to have the fillings put on the other side so if you like the Platinum 2000 then that might work for you. We might have a few offers on clearance. I will check tomorrow.

Bigmickey.ie

youngblood wrote: »
    Hi there, bought my last 2 beds from you guys- couldn't fault them

Am looking to get a price on a 6ft bed to upgrade my current king
    I slept on a miracoil mattress recently and really liked it
    What might you recommend? Mattress and Base needed

Hi youngblood

The miracoils are normally one sided. The Vogue is also an open coil but twin sided. Its orthopedic also. 699 euro for 6ft base and mattress. We will have Sealy single sided or might even have a Silentnight miracoil. I would have to check in the warehouse.

Bigmickey

Good morning,

Also looking at a super king size mattress - the problem is that I live in a Dublin apartment and not sure whether it would fit in the lift - the apartment stairs would be no problem. Is that a possibility now or wait until after things calm down a little?

Hi Mickeyleari

We have vacuum packed superking Dormeo for 299 euro. We also have Breasley natural latex in 6ft. This one is so flexible that it will go anywhere even up a spiral staircase. I put one in to the back seat of a 5 series BMW one time. Delivery is free to Dublin

Bigmickey

Setanter wrote: »
    Hi,

I am in the market for a SEALY Royal Cashmere 2900 Mattress or KING KOIL
    Grand Opulance 4200 Mattress. 5 foot.
    Can you point me at similar that you carry?
    Big (not tall) guy :)

Thanks
    ##

Hi Setanter

With the lock down , supplies of the clearance lines like Sealy have dried up but we are hopeful that they will resume next week. We have our regular brands in stock. I will check with suppliers tomorrow.

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Radsky

Is the Hilton 3000 classed as medium firm? Or is it medium soft? Thanks.

Hi there

The Platinum 2000 is now a turnable mattress. We pay extra to have the fillings put on the other side so if you like the Platinum 2000 then that might work for you. We might have a few offers on clearance. I will check tomorrow.

Bigmickey.ie
    Please do! Feel free to shoot me a PM.

Radsky wrote: »
    Is the Hilton 3000 classed as medium firm? Or is it medium soft? Thanks.

Hi Radsky

The Hilton 3000 is twin sided. One side has memory and the other side is orthopedic. Neither side would be cotton wool soft. I would describe it as medium on the memory side and medium firm on the orthopedic side. Honest opinion, this is a really nice mattress and absolutely great value for money. We sell big numbers of them and are trouble free. They also have a 5 year warranty. The Hilton 3000 is on display in our shop should you like to call to see it.

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Hi There
    Looking for Sealy Posturepedic Anniversary Collection Jubilee Ortho 6ft. Do you stock these ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

Hi youngblood

The miracoils are normally one sided. The Vogue is also an open coil but twin sided. Its orthopedic also. 699 euro for 6ft base and mattress. We will have Sealy single sided or might even have a Silentnight miracoil. I would have to check in the warehouse.

Bigmickey

It was actually a King coil mattress that I meant to say if that makes any difference. If you could check and see whats in supply that would be great? MIght also need to pay a visit to try beforehand if thats possible
    Thanks a million

• Advertisement

Hi Mickey,

Sorry, the 80 x 180cm is for a fold up mattress for a camp bed.

I will be buying a Vogue set either double or king plus headboard later in the week. Haven't decided which yet.

Any news on the foam mattress price? Waiting to order the Vogue set until I know this so I can order everything at once. Thanks

Advertisement