Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

gooner99 wrote: »
    Hi. Looking for 2 double mattresses. Currently have memory foam toppers on too, but now they are not doing their job at keeping back and hip soreness/pain at bay. What would you recommend to avoid help with back/hip soreness/pain and to negate the need for mattress toppers. Thanks.

Hi gooner99

AS posted above , The Hilton 3000 is great value. Double price is only 349 euro. If you want to spend a bit less then The Vogue at 299 euro is also a good mattress.

Bigmickey.ie

Hi

Just wondering if you have any small double headboards for clearance?

Thank you.

Hi Rex Fresh Developer

Yes we will have. What are you hoping for ?

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Hi Caranica

Divan set will work out cheaper. It will also take up less space.

Can you fit the headboard to the wall ? That will eliminate any noise.

Bigmickey.ie

Thanks. Don't want to fit headboard to the wall for a couple of reasons.

What divan set would you recommend based on a budget of as much as necessary but as little as possible? I'm guessing the Vogue unless you have any other specials? I would also need a headboard. Still torn between double and king. Room is 4m x 3 so plenty of room for a king but funds might be tighter given I've now realised I have to replace the carpet too, I don't know how he damaged it the way he did!!

Also are you still doing removal of old beds and mattresses? Have no idea how I'd get rid of the old ones otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Hi Carerhomeless

Yes we will have. What are you hoping for ?

Bigmickey.ie

Hi thank you for replying.

I don’t mind to be honest because I will be covering it or painting it.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Hi Bigmickey.

Just bought a house and want to spend a few bob on a good bed frame and mattress ,

King size , maybe super king if we can afford it and fit in our bedroom , any recommendations , budget circa €1-€1500

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

Hey,

Would be looking to get a Hiltom 3000 in a double. Would need a bed frame also. Space is at a premium so was looking at the Ottoman beds. Also

Would they be as sturdy a divan? The extra space would be great but I'd be afraid the Ottoman may not have quite the same support or longevity?

Also would you be delivering to Wexford in the next week?

Thanks

Caranica wrote: »
    Thanks. Don't want to fit headboard to the wall for a couple of reasons.

What divan set would you recommend based on a budget of as much as necessary but as little as possible? I'm guessing the Vogue unless you have any other specials? I would also need a headboard. Still torn between double and king. Room is 4m x 3 so plenty of room for a king but funds might be tighter given I've now realised I have to replace the carpet too, I don't know how he damaged it the way he did!!

Also are you still doing removal of old beds and mattresses? Have no idea how I'd get rid of the old ones otherwise.

Hi Caranica

The Vogue would be much better quality than the budget bed. There is only a 50 euro difference between double and Kingsize bed.We do a matching headboard for 50 euro. Double is roughly 135cm wide and 190cm long. Kingsize is roughly 150 cm wide and 200 cm long. I say roughly as some manufacturers make to metric and some make to imperial sizes. We can remove the old beds for a small charge.

Bigmickey

Hi thank you for replying.

I don’t mind to be honest because I will be covering it or painting it.

Thank you

Hi Carehomeless

In that case I can find you something for around 30 euro

Bigmickey

Hi Bigmickey.

Just bought a house and want to spend a few bob on a good bed frame and mattress ,

King size , maybe super king if we can afford it and fit in our bedroom , any recommendations , budget circa €1-€1500

Thanks

Hi stryker mcqueen

Something to consider before you decide on king/superking is your stairs if you have one. Many customers get excited about getting superking only to find that many superking models will not go up their stairs. You can overcome this by buying a vacuum model or something like a full natural latex model which is extremely flexible. You would get a high quality bed from us for your budget but would be better to chat with you to see what your needs are first, You can reach us on 043 3341895 or 086 8356888 or PM us.

Thanks

Bigmickey

lenoude wrote: »
    Hey,

Would be looking to get a Hiltom 3000 in a double. Would need a bed frame also. Space is at a premium so was looking at the Ottoman beds. Also

Would they be as sturdy a divan? The extra space would be great but I'd be afraid the Ottoman may not have quite the same support or longevity?

Also would you be delivering to Wexford in the next week?

Thanks

Hi lenoude

WE keep the Hilton's in stock all the time. A divan ottoman will take up less space and still give you full double size. They are sturdy and we sell big quantities of them. Delivery to Wexford is possible. You can order these ottomans in different colours and fabrics. We also have random ones which work out cheaper as they are not custom made.

Bigmickey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

Hi Fiona
    I just want to say thanks for the excellent customer service and quality and price and even the delivery man was good craic.

Thoroughly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

Hi lenoude

WE keep the Hilton's in stock all the time. A divan ottoman will take up less space and still give you full double size. They are sturdy and we sell big quantities of them. Delivery to Wexford is possible. You can order these ottomans in different colours and fabrics. We also have random ones which work out cheaper as they are not custom made.

Bigmickey

Thanks very much for getting back to me. That's great, and what random ones would you have available?

lenoude wrote: »
    Thanks very much for getting back to me. That's great, and what random ones would you have available?

Hi again

We will check in the morning and let you know.

Bigmickey.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Hi Carehomeless

In that case I can find you something for around 30 euro

Bigmickey

That’s brilliant thank you. I’ll give a call during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tonsass

Hi im looking for something along thos line if you can help.
    https://www.harveynorman.ie/in-stock-immediate-delivery/penthouse-king-5ft-mattress.html

In king size.
    Thanks

Tonsass wrote: »
    https://www.harveynorman.ie/in-stock-immediate-delivery/penthouse-king-5ft-mattress.html

In king size.
    Thanks

Hi Tonsass

Does it have to be a latex finish ? We have something similar with memory foam or gel top. These are in stock all the time. We can order one in with latex if necessary.

Thanks

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Hi Caranica

The Vogue would be much better quality than the budget bed. There is only a 50 euro difference between double and Kingsize bed.We do a matching headboard for 50 euro. Double is roughly 135cm wide and 190cm long. Kingsize is roughly 150 cm wide and 200 cm long. I say roughly as some manufacturers make to metric and some make to imperial sizes. We can remove the old beds for a small charge.

Bigmickey

Thanks. I'll be in touch towards the end on the week, is it best to just ring the number on your website?

Caranica wrote: »
    Thanks. I'll be in touch towards the end on the week, is it best to just ring the number on your website?

Hi again

Any of these :

043 3341895

043 3345488

086 8356888

e mail info@bigmickey.ie

Thanks

Bigmickey

Hi Tonsass

Does it have to be a latex finish ? We have something similar with memory foam or gel top. These are in stock all the time. We can order one in with latex if necessary.

Thanks

Bigmickey

Hi
    No it doesnt at all. Just they told me it keeps you cooler if you overheat at night which i do.

Hi
    No it doesnt at all. Just they told me it keeps you cooler if you overheat at night which i do.
    https://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/editor/smilie.gif
    Hi again

Latex or Cool Gel keeps you from over heating at night. I am going to get you a price for one similar to that model in Harvey Norman. I would not expect it to be anything like their price though. Leave it with me.

Bigmickey

• Advertisement

https://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/editor/smilie.gif
    Hi again

Latex or Cool Gel keeps you from over heating at night. I am going to get you a price for one similar to that model in Harvey Norman. I would not expect it to be anything like their price though. Leave it with me.

Bigmickey

Perfect
    Thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Hi California Dreamer

We don't sell either of those brands but we have a big seller called Marlborough for 299 euro for base and mattress. I don't know either of those sets that you posted but ours looks better quality.

https://bigmickey.ie/product/irish-beds-marlborough-bed-set/

The image on our web site is out of date as of yesterday. The Marlborough has a black border and a white top and bottom cover. This is due to the other material been out of stock with the supplier due to the Covid crisis.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

In king size.
    Thanks

Hi again

I see Harvey Norman sale price is 1259 euro. I just heard back from the factory owner and I'd say we can do something very similar for you for 799 euro. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭thefa

Hi, looking for a double mattress for the spare room which is likely to be used a dozen nights a year, if that. Would there be anything you’d recommend on a tight budget? Thanks

Hi again

I see Harvey Norman sale price is 1259 euro. I just heard back from the factory owner and I'd say we can do something very similar for you for 799 euro. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Bigmickey

Thank you. Can you also give me price without the gel?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bxnji999

Hi again

Thanks

Bigmickey
    Hi could you send me a pm please?

bxnji999 wrote: »
    Hi could you send me a pm please?

Hi do you mean me to pm u?

thefa wrote: »
    Hi, looking for a double mattress for the spare room which is likely to be used a dozen nights a year, if that. Would there be anything you’d recommend on a tight budget? Thanks

Hi thefa

You can spend as little at 99 euro for an Airsprung model. These are normally failed delivery models ex Argos or Littlewoods. They may have their packaging torn and the edges may be slightly marked. We also have some Dormeo transport marked at 150 euro or brand new Marlborough in perfect condition for 199 euro

Hope this helps you.

Bigmickey.ie

• Advertisement

Thank you. Can you also give me price without the gel?
    thanks

Hi again

You can have the top with any of the following fillings at the same price

Natural Fillings

Latex

Gel

Memory

Manufacturer says he can make very similar to the image in the link with whatever finish on top that you prefer for 799 euro. As it's a special order it would take around 2 weeks to supply.

Bigmickey.ie

Bigmickey

Advertisement