Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

High waist workout leggings?

Options
  • 01-10-2018 10:44pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can you recommend a high waisted workout leggings? I do cardio & hitt classes and I need leggings which firstly cover my tummy (since having a baby) and are not going to roll down over my tummy all the time.

Up to now I’ve only got Penney’s ones, which aren’t the worst, but they do loose shape a bit. I also have a pair of USA pro leggings, but even though they cost me the most, they are the most annoying and keeping slipping down.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I have USA pro seamless leggings and I love them because they are not itchy but I was just thinking they are probably not the best over the tummy area.

I don't know which leggings to recommend (my priority is cotton rich and non itchy) but whatever you are buying make sure they have inside string that you can tie. A lot more secure than elasticated waist.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Lululemon have some but they're ridiculous money.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Nike are usually good and have a drawstring. Orders over €50 are free delivery.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I didn't realise you could get ones with a drawstring waist!? I've never seen any.

Must check out the Nike ones, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I didn't realise you could get ones with a drawstring waist!? I've never seen any.

They can be quite subtle so you'll have to do a good check - but all my Nike leggings have them!

• Advertisement

Even cheap brands have them, I have Karimor leggings with drawstring (still on sale). It more depends on the model than a brand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Their website has a pretty extensive choice, if you know your size relatively you'll get far more options there than in any shop unless you're in Dublin possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 annaboniface55

I'd try ASOS, I got mine from there. They have different brands, I got my Nike ones with a discount too and free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,378 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Under Armour tend to have a nice high waist too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

GAP and Fabletics leggings are both quite good for staying in place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

pinkypinky wrote:
    Lululemon have some but they're ridiculous money.

Completely worth the money.

Them and Nike are all in my wardrobe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

You literally cannot go wrong with Victoria’s Secret high waisted leggings. I’ve a few pairs in different styles (all high waisted) and they are all excellent quality. Can’t fault them. And they look great too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Thanks for the suggestions. I haven't got any yet, I have looked, but they all seem so expensive! I know they are good quality, but its hard to justify spending €50 on a pair! I will keep an eye out in TK Maxx and see if I can get something.

I don't buy expensive gym gear except runners. Sometimes it's more likely I'll come accross deer than people and for that something cheap from Ashley's empire is good enough. Maybe go to one of Intersport shops and try couple of them on.

There is an option of using websites like sportsshoes.com but there is not much description. I also don't know what decathlon are like but we use them for cheap sports equipment for kids and their service is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭cailineile

Thanks for the suggestions. I haven't got any yet, I have looked, but they all seem so expensive! I know they are good quality, but its hard to justify spending €50 on a pair! I will keep an eye out in TK Maxx and see if I can get something.

Hi there 

Can I recommend a new Irish brand I have tried, I am wearing Lululemon/gymshark/lornajane for past few years and can honestly say they are fab, however, I appreciate they are mental expensive.
    Get this black pair from peachy lean, Sharon, has a good eye, I've gotten 3 Paris now, www.peachylean.com its an Irish company and they are sooo high waisted, pm me and I'll give you a discount code that I have I think its 10 or 20% , I got a few more pairs last week cos there was 20% off, I wore them here working out in 35 degree heat this week and nothing moved :), don't roll down and are totally squat proof. 
    lifestyle sometimes have nike on offer if you do what I do, filter on bottoms and sorry by cheapest , you could be lucky, but hand on heart the peachy lean ones work, way cheaper than some others. 
    C

cailineile wrote: »
    Hi there 

Can I recommend a new Irish brand I have tried, I am wearing Lululemon/gymshark/lornajane for past few years and can honestly say they are fab, however, I appreciate they are mental expensive.
    Get this black pair from peachy lean, Sharon, has a good eye, I've gotten 3 Paris now, www.peachylean.com its an Irish company and they are sooo high waisted, pm me and I'll give you a discount code that I have I think its 10 or 20% , I got a few more pairs last week cos there was 20% off, I wore them here working out in 35 degree heat this week and nothing moved :), don't roll down and are totally squat proof. 
    lifestyle sometimes have nike on offer if you do what I do, filter on bottoms and sorry by cheapest , you could be lucky, but hand on heart the peachy lean ones work, way cheaper than some others. 
    C

I’ve heard of them. They look nice. What is their sizing like. Would they be true to size? In some I’ve had to size down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

cailineile wrote: »
    Hi there 

C

Oh they look great - I'm a black gym leggings kinda gal! The waist looks very high :)

Can you PM the discount code?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

They look great. Would like to hear some other reviews of them.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Just to update. I tried a few pairs, including Nike's and I was not impressed. I found a pair in TESCO this week which have a tie string waist and I took a chance as they were only €20 (although reduced when I got to till!). I wore them to my class and they were brilliant. They stayed up, they are high waisted. They didn't annoy me at all. I think I'll have to get another pair!!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

Sara de Silva. Best leggings ever! Highly recommend.

• Advertisement

I don't like stitches, they itch. I just got a pair of Uniqlo's seamless leggings and they are very good.

Advertisement