Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ashling Thompson case

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

johnb25 wrote: »
    Nothing to do with the GAA or Camogie Association.
    This happened in a night-club, not on the playing field.

Really? Sports governing bodies never sanction well known players for criminal behaviour off the pitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭skallywag

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    Really? Sports governing bodies never sanction well known players for criminal behaviour off the pitch?

Well for starters she has no connection with the GAA whatsoever.

She plays camogie, which is not governed by the GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,746 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

skallywag wrote: »
    Well for starters she has no connection with the GAA whatsoever.

She plays camogie, which is not governed by the GAA.
    Of course the GAA are involved in camogie.

http://www.camogie.ie/about-camogie.asp
    As per there own website
    The Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA), as the governing body for men's Gaelic Games and as the community base of Gaelic Games, is of huge importance to Camogie, from club to national level. Its ongoing support, through the generous provision of facilities, finance and other resources, is key to the well being of Camogie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭skallywag

gmisk wrote: »
    Of course the GAA are involved in camogie.

There are strong connections but the GAA have no say in the day to day operations and certainly not with sanctioning players etc.

They have their own structures in place for such matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Marty Xavier

Which are? not sure of any GAA player that has been sanctioned by the GAA for criminal behaviour or assault in recent years off the pitch?

Certain high profile Dublin footballer battered a mate , ex Waterford hurler now pundit glassed someone, Tipp scumbag who glassed someone in the UK, Tyrone footballer involved with minor etc??

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

What does she do outside of playing camogie?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

terrydel wrote: »
    A rugby player pissed on someone in a nightclub recently, the same night another knocked a fellow player out.
    The media almost completely ignored it.
    Rugby is the biggest media darling in this country, as its the sport of the media classes.

Nonsense. It was all over twitter within 30 mins. Online media the next morning and print within two day's. The difference is it was a man who who wont model when he finishes playing.

She had never been any different and admitted as much on the late late show two years ago. Trouble follows her and she follows trouble. If it was a man he would be ripped to shreds. An attractive albeit trash female she gets away with anything. The photos were a paid shoot taken by a photographer used by the sindo. She's just not nice person, bit of lipstick won't change that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

She is beautiful...

How long before she is crying on the Late Late crying or that new Bressie podcast

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

sasta le wrote: »

MMA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭enricoh

Looks well in yesterday's indo - a bit of an angelina jolie vibe off her, looks wise n headcase wise!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,790 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

seen her out and about in Cork City a few nights, she does scrub up well !!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

What did the GAA (Edit: sorry, Camogie Association) do to penalise her for her actions, seeing as the court let her off scot-free?

Any of the cases I can think of are where professionals have employment contracts, and financial penalties, up to termination of contract, are applied. There is no financial relationship between camogie players and their association.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,606 ✭✭✭gctest50

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Did she actually say that ? How dare she . I saw a programme on RTE about a child who is Type 1 diabetic and the daily struggles her mam has to control her level . My god what an ignorant woman to spout nonsense like that

Upset on behalf of someone you saw on TV ?

Ireland is screwed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

I am surprised she was in trouble.
    Her solicitor said "these are young people and unfortunately these things happen in night clubs."

Obviously the night club is to blame. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

I am surprised she was in trouble.
    Her solicitor said "these are young people and unfortunately these things happen in night clubs."

Obviously the night club is to blame. :rolleyes:

The lawyer is just a believer in a predetermined universe which holds only the illusion of free choice. He seems to recommend a zen like, laisez faire approach to living in this pre ordained world we find ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

The lawyer is just a believer in a predetermined universe which holds only the illusion of free choice. He seems to recommend a zen like, laisez faire approach to living in this pre ordained world we find ourselves.
    Grand. If I exercise the choice to go down there and thump his head in, I am not responsible. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

She works on her her 'Blue Steel'(™)

media%20939333%20XH%20CCN%203030.jpg

2016-11-06_ent_25596560_I1.JPG

Ashling_169-Edit.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

She was on the late late show a few years ago. Or it could have been the Saturday night Darcy or Brendan show. She was mainly going on about her hardship in life and her mental health, same as she still seems to be going on about years later. She came across as a bit overly intense as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

Ashling should be allowed a chance to return to everyday life, but I really don't think it's wise for her to be doing newspaper articles like this.

Also when she returns to camogie, I'll be awaiting a statement from the National Women's Council regarding the removal of sponsors for Cork camogie for like they did with London Irish and Diageo. Something tells me however they may not be as quick to comment when it's a woman inflicting the violence.

• Advertisement

She was on the late late show a few years ago. Or it could have been the Saturday night Darcy or Brendan show. She was mainly going on about her hardship in life and her mental health, same as she still seems to be going on about years later. She came across as a bit overly intense as far as I remember.
    Intense? I don't know where you're getting that from...

ashling-thompson-cork-vs-kilkenny-camogie-final.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,180 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I hadn't heard of her until this, she looks common as muck.

No as in what does she do for work?
    She won’t get a travel visa with an assault conviction I’d imagine

Well I said it in a jokey way but she is actually a model and also a sports massage therapist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭TheDavester

that's only if she doesn't pay the 6grand

the red bull article
    https://www.redbull.com/ie-en/ashling-thompson-s-training-regime-revealed-red-bull
    The core is probably the most important. And any kind of striking movement needs a strong core. If you have a good core it’s 50% of it.

looks well professionally made-up for the indo but you can see that knacker reptilian-response instinct in her eyes.

not exactly contrite for elbowing some other woman's jaw is she?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

You're assuming my preference for one. I said she'd choke him and he'd love it. Didn't say I'd be into it myself.

Would you stop. The way you're slobbering on it reads like you'd get up on the crack of a whip.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,606 ✭✭✭gctest50

glasso wrote: »

looks well professionally made-up for the indo but you can see that knacker reptilian-response instinct in her eyes.

I think a lot of lads wat to just trade one mammy for another when they get married or whatever.
    And they fraid any that don't fit their wifemammy fantasy life

Anyway you'd be glad of reptilian-speed responses when we get invaded

nqnO9l8.jpg

gctest50 wrote: »
    I think a lot of lads wat to just trade one mammy for another when they get married or whatever.
    And they fraid any that don't fit their wifemammy fantasy life

Anyway you'd be glad of reptilian-speed responses when we get invaded

nqnO9l8.jpg

I'm sure that she'd be fun for a literally a bit of rough but if she was yer wife you'd never be sure whether or not she'd do a john wayne bobbit job with the bread knife circa 4am in morning when you're asleep after you had a barney about not putting the bins out.

unstable material

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭lukin

Anna Geary is from the same club as her (Milford). They played together for Milford and Cork. I don't think they are friends though. One time at a Milford training session Aishling tapped Anna's ankles with the hurley. I don't think Anna liked it. Anyway a sophisticated intelligent girl like Anna would not associate herself with someone like Aishling Thompson you'd imagine.
    Harsh but true. Anna has an enormous ego and thinks she is God's gift but as a person I would prefer her ten times over to Thompson.

Advertisement