Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-07-2019, 20:32   #46
Sunny Disposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneHome View Post
They seem like a lovely family, "she couldn't help it 'cause she's a psycho too", sweet jesus
Hate this, people behaving in a totally unacceptable way and it being explained as passion for the game.
Advertisement
21-07-2019, 20:54   #47
Steyr 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sac O Spuds View Post
She needs to acquaint herself with more salubrious nightime venues. Reardons is Corks version of Coppers. Overpriced overcrowded and overrated. The place is a cattle mart.
Subtle Calvin and Hobbes reference?
Thanks from:
21-07-2019, 21:14   #48
Allinall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardonicat View Post
No it's not easy to see how it happened. She launched an unprovoked attack on another woman for talking to the man she was with. In no way is that easy to understand. What her victim did about her injuries has no bearing on the viciousness and unacceptable nature of the assault.
How do you know it was unprovoked?
(2) thanks from:
21-07-2019, 21:16   #49
Sardonicat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allinall View Post
How do you know it was unprovoked?
She was not acting in self defense. No one hit her first. She threw the first blow. She threw the only blows. What would you consider provocation?
21-07-2019, 21:30   #50
Allinall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardonicat View Post
She was not acting in self defense. No one hit her first. She threw the first blow. She threw the only blows. What would you consider provocation?
Words can be provocative.
Advertisement
21-07-2019, 21:39   #51
The_Kew_Tour

She is a scumbag
21-07-2019, 21:40   #52
Odelay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allinall View Post
Words can be provocative.
They have this new fancy thing called a court, this is where such defenses can be offered. No such defense was offered, however I suspect you already know this.
21-07-2019, 21:58   #53
lukin

I am from Cork and I celebrated wildly when Cork won the camogie All-Ireland's that Aishling Thompson was part of but she is an utter disgrace in my opinion.
I wouldn't defend her for a second. Some Cork people have been defending her and the same people probably wanted Diarmuid Connolly hung, drawn and quartered when he decked that fella in the pub.
The double standards make me sick. Thompson is an out and out thug and a lot of other stuff has come to light about her in the last few months. She viciously assaulted an opposition player off the ball while playing for her club but got away with it because the ref didn't see it.
21-07-2019, 22:42   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water John View Post
Wouldn't comment on her in other threads, until the case was dealt with.
Yeah she's a very good looking and talented girl who has had issues in her life.
AFAIK she wouldn't be popular with her team mates which is one indicator. Certainly has anger issues and refs find her difficult. She does need to do a serious rethink and reset of her attitude esp for her own benefit.

I wish her well.
What? Why? And it's hilarious the way people are saying "she's good looking" as if that's a mitigating factor. One person said "fair enough, she's good looking" - and? That has zero relevance.

This is the kinda thing that leads to the double standard, but it ain't women propagating it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotsman View Post
And thanks to guys like you, even pug-ugly skangers can get the lovin too

She looks like a man, dressed in drag
Ah that's too much the other way.

But her behaviour was appalling, that's all there is to it. And now her attitude stinks.

Last edited by Gimme A Pound; 22-07-2019 at 00:57.
Advertisement
22-07-2019, 00:09   #55
ChikiChiki

Lot of stupid ***** in the country, no offence. If you play football/hurling/camogie you can do no wrong in the eyes of the judge. (I play football still)

Btw I have sat in corporate hospitality the last 2 days in Croker. Sickening status is given to GAA players above all else.
22-07-2019, 00:35   #56
someyoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneeyedman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by take everything View Post
Just reading in Today's paper an interview with this girl.

I don't get it. Maybe I missed it but not once in the interview does she apologise for the assault but only talks about how it affected her.

She endured nothing from what I can see. Once she's paid the 6 grand it's forgotten about.

Nothing against the girl and I hope she gets on with her life but she only talks about how it has affected her.
Thoughts.

No wonder were ****ed as a society
Says more about media in Ireland and the Independent group in particular than society in general. Complete rag, worshiping and glorifying D list Irish celebs and people like property developers and chefs as if they are doing something important or beneficial to society. I wouldn't eat my chips put of it.....
Key point is media still help shape society's behaviour and attitudes. the fact that we're at the point of repeatedly printing this drivel on once reputable news outlets is reflective of society as a whole. Why, cause people are buying it and lapping up this sh1t.

Media in ireland are just taking lead from uk as we tend to do with broadcasting generally. Still haven't stooped to daily mail levels but we're getting there.
22-07-2019, 00:42   #57
Sunny Disposition

AT has a good bit of sympathy for herself in the interview, complains that there wasn’t ‘protection’ for her, that there would be more for men. This is someone who committed two assaults! Delusional.
22-07-2019, 00:57   #58
TheDriver

I wonder how long til we see her in front of a judge again. Says so much about today's Ireland: It's all about me and the effect on me. To hell with the victim.
Pity she didn't think about her victims mental health when her elbow hit her jaw.
22-07-2019, 01:14   #59
Kivaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukin View Post
I am from Cork and I celebrated wildly when Cork won the camogie All-Ireland's that Aishling Thompson was part of but she is an utter disgrace in my opinion.
I wouldn't defend her for a second. Some Cork people have been defending her and the same people probably wanted Diarmuid Connolly hung, drawn and quartered when he decked that fella in the pub.
The double standards make me sick. Thompson is an out and out thug and a lot of other stuff has come to light about her in the last few months. She viciously assaulted an opposition player off the ball while playing for her club but got away with it because the ref didn't see it.

Our justice system is such a joke.

Last edited by Kivaro; 22-07-2019 at 09:56.
Thanks from:
22-07-2019, 01:23   #60
callaway92

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneHome View Post
I have relations living in the same village as her, they say she has an unreal reputation there, rough as f~~k is the phrase that was used
My girlfriend plays camogie with her in that village and says that she’s sound. Great hurler and fairly ‘powerful’ on the pitch.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion