Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 year anniversary of the death of Michael Jackson

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Always wonder at which point in time you can definitively say that things had gone pear shaped.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Fcuk him and his family who covered up at every opportunity

Scumbag of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭MOR316

If you want to believe he's a paedophile, you will. Doesn't matter what may show his innocence in certain situations or how many people that knew him come out and say it, that's your mind made up. Maybe, you're right? Who knows?
    If you believe he is a paedophile perhaps you should reconsider your opinion on Bowie, Rolling Stones (Wyman) Elvis etc, giving how they slept/married underage kids?

However...

If you want to believe he's innocent, you are confronted with the fact that he shared his bed/bedroom with other people's children and no matter how innocent anyone tries to portray it, it raises an eyebrow for anyone. Or maybe, you're right? Who knows?

Fact is, none of us will ever know for sure!

I watched that documentary, admittedly going into it thinking, "this will prove it"
    After watching it, I done some research and I came to the conclusion that it's a load of rubbish, filled with lies with an incredible amount of contradictions. It's very unethical from a journalism point of view. Sets a dangerous precedent but, that's another discussion for another topic

As for the man himself, whether you like the music or not, he was one of the greats. There is no question about that.
    Perhaps controversially for some on here, I read about his humanitarian work recently, what he done for both sick adults and kids and animals and I have to be honest, that inspires me to try and do something to help others.

Anyway, dinner time :)

Why do ppl think he was a “legend” etc

He stole 99 percent of his “act” from James brown

He couldn’t play any instrument.

His singing was “eccentric” to put it generously.

He was ashamed of his ethnicity so much so he bleached his skin and embarked on crazy ill advised plastic surgery and peddled false rumours to explain his madcap decisions.

And also he was a complete and utter scumbag druggie

Probably should’ve been committed to a mental asylum around 1988.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Any news of Bubbles. He was the intelligent one in that relationship

• Advertisement

He was ashamed of his ethnicity so much so he bleached his skin and embarked on crazy ill advised plastic surgery and peddled false rumours to explain his madcap decisions.

In his autopsy report, it was reported he had vitiligo, which changes the colour of your skin.
    It's a real disease, many have it, he had it so...

You just don't like his music. It's not up to you to question why others like it, nor is it up to anyone else to question why you don't like it. It's individual taste.

The Beatles sold 1 billion records, that means there are about 6 billion other people out there who don't like them. I'm sure you're not alone

• Registered Users Posts: 15,763 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

He was ashamed of his ethnicity so much so he bleached his skin and embarked on crazy ill advised plastic surgery.

Prince much more impressive in terms of musical ability.

You're a detestable person. Seen you spew your bile in previous Michael Jackson threads. You haven't a clue what you're talking about. Bleached his skin? His autopsy proved that false. The Irish doctor that treated him while he was living in Ireland also confirmed it. He was a proud black man. His plastic surgery, I think we can agree he went too far but he had a lot of personal issues including bullying from his father about his nose.

Michael could also play several instruments and did so on some of his tracks. He never played publicly, but given his perfectionist tendencies I'm not surprised. How competent he was, I don't know, you certainly don't. He could play the piano, guitar and I think possibly the drums.

It's clear to see you're a hate-filled person and your whole post is BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,466 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Probably should’ve been committed to a mental asylum around 1988

TBH you just described James Brown. :)

Did actually catch him live, much like Jackson he wasn't a musical Genius, both were genius entertainers I suppose. Great show though.

He influenced Prince more on style than music. Now he was an actual musical genius. Another head banger though Bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,695 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

CPTM wrote: »

Being an adult and having sleepovers with children is a good example of passing below the minimum standard required for being a good and decent member of society. Guilty or not guilty, we need to have higher standards than that, unless of course we're speaking of jail time or punishment, which we're not.

That’s piss poor judgement on his behalf right there. Wouldn’t have an issue with him organizing a ‘day out’ even at his gaff with assistance and supervision from other parents and stuff, but for ANY grown man to go to the deliberate act of organizing sleepovers with children with just him present and in the same room as him. He wasn’t a well man. Even if nothing happened it’s 10000% inappropriate and the fact he couldn’t or wouldn’t see that tells you all you need to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Strumms wrote: »
    That’s piss poor judgement on his behalf right there. Wouldn’t have an issue with him organizing a ‘day out’ even at his gaff with assistance and supervision from other parents and stuff, but for ANY grown man to go to the deliberate act of organizing sleepovers with children with just him present and in the same room as him. He wasn’t a well man. Even if nothing happened it’s 10000% inappropriate and the fact he couldn’t or wouldn’t see that tells you all you need to know.

People keep saying sleepovers with “children”, but it was almost exclusively young boys.

• Advertisement

People keep saying sleepovers with “children”, but it was almost exclusively young boys.

Well, no one knows that for a fact. That's just speculative talk.
    For example, I remember down the years of young girls and teenage girls talking about their experiences at Neverland and their sleepover parties or whatever you wish to call them.

Who knows?

sligeach wrote: »
    You're a detestable person. Seen you spew your bile in previous Michael Jackson threads. You haven't a clue what you're talking about. Bleached his skin? His autopsy proved that false. The Irish doctor that treated him while he was living in Ireland also confirmed it. He was a proud black man. His plastic surgery, I think we can agree he went too far but he had a lot of personal issues including bullying from his father about his nose.

Michael could also play several instruments and did so on some of his tracks. He never played publicly, but given his perfectionist tendencies I'm not surprised. How competent he was, I don't know, you certainly don't. He could play the piano, guitar and I think possibly the drums.

It's clear to see you're a hate-filled person and your whole post is BS.

Off with ye

MOR316 wrote: »
    In his autopsy report, it was reported he had vitiligo, which changes the colour of your skin.
    It's a real disease, many have it, he had it so...

You just don't like his music. It's not up to you to question why others like it, nor is it up to anyone else to question why you don't like it. It's individual taste.

The Beatles sold 1 billion records, that means there are about 6 billion other people out there who don't like them. I'm sure you're not alone

He bleached his skin. Fact. Google it.

I’ve been around the block with micky Jackson obsessives and no desire to go again.

Google him and make yer own conclusions.

Also I forgot to mention Jackson was completely dependent on producers and songwriters and his record label.

The genius tag is not warranted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Character no better than Roman Polanski. If he wasn't as talented, people would never have excused his behaviour.

He bleached his skin. Fact. Google it.

I’ve been around the block with micky Jackson obsessives and no desire to go again.

Google him and make yer own conclusions.

I'm not obsessive of anyone. I just joined this discussion to give my own views, giving the day that's in it. Not to have assumptions thrown at me by, what appears to be, a very obsessive poster.

I did state a fact, he had that disease. I took your advice and have since Googled it. It states on numerous websites that he had it and used a skin depigmenting cream called Benoquin, to even out the blotches when he appeared in public...

That's not bleaching someone's skin to me. Then again, I'm not a doctor so I wouldn't know. You probably are though or work in the medical profession so it explains how you know he bleached it.

According to this website he had lupus too? Didn't know that now

I'm not obsessive of anyone. I just joined this discussion to give my own views, giving the day that's in it. Not to have assumptions thrown at me by, what appears to be, a very obsessive poster.

I did state a fact, he had that disease. I took your advice and have since Googled it. It states on numerous websites that he had it and used a skin depigmenting cream called Benoquin, to even out the blotches when he appeared in public...

That's not bleaching someone's skin to me. Then again, I'm not a doctor so I wouldn't know. You probably are though or work in the medical profession so it explains how you know he bleached it.

According to this website he had lupus too? Didn't know that now

Google it and don’t be fooled by expensive PR machines is my advice to you

Google it and don’t be fooled by expensive PR machines is my advice to you

Google what exactly? I just did and posted what I saw on several health websites. As I said, I'm not a doctor but, you clearly are of some sorts if, in your opinion, rubbing cream and make up onto someone's skin is termed as bleaching

I'm not fooled by anything. I'm not fooled by the media or the manipulation, I'm not fooled by any PR machine and I'm certainly not fooled by your clear hatred of the guy's music and artistic ability, judging from your post above

As you said, I'll draw my own conclusions, thanks :)

Google what exactly? I just did and posted what I saw on several health websites

I'm not fooled by anything. I'm not fooled by the media or the manipulation, I'm not fooled by any PR machine and I'm certainly not fooled by your clear hatred of the guy's music and artistic ability, judging from your post above

As you said, I'll draw my own conclusions, thanks :)

Once you view him without any special bias that’s grand I’m fine with that.

Once you view him without any special bias that’s grand I’m fine with that.

I have no bias.

I don't pay attention to anything the media says about him because I remember some years back, the same paper carried two separate articles, on the same day, stating he was homosexual in one article and was a rampant sex machine, who was fathering many kids in another :D

I learned my lesson that day! I make up my own mind and think independently. It's why I done some research after watching that LN movie

• Advertisement

Events have gone way past tweets at this stage sligach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Hmm, what does a tweet from that sack add to the discussion?

Hmm, what does a tweet from that sack add to the discussion?

Entitled to his opinion, whomever he is.

Pretty sure everyone is a sack at this stage in society :D

Ppl don’t seem to realise that he was surrounded by the best of the best producers engineers sound arrangers musicians etc during his peak. Quincy Jones the man in charge. His label paid for it all.

other than a few co writes, wholesale copying of James brown dance moves and his “eccentric” vocals I struggle to see what his genius was.

Ppl don’t seem to realise that he was surrounded by the best of the best producers sound arrangers musicians etc during his peak. His label paid for it all.

other than a few co writes, wholesale copying of James brown dance moves and his “eccentric” vocals I struggle to see what his genius was.

Whilst he had Quincy Jones, Michael Jackson did write quite a few of his own

Don't Stop till you get enough, Billie Jean, Beat It, Say Say Say, The Girl Is Mine, We Are The World, Bad, The Way You Make Me Feel, Smooth Criminal, Dirty Diana, Another Part of me, Leave Me Alone, B or W, Remember The Time, Jam, Stranger in Moscow, Scream, Earth Song, Blood On The Dance Floor, Can you feel it, Working Day and night, Wanna be starting something, Shake your body

They're all pretty much good to classic songs in fairness and were massive hits.

I guess I suppose he made a lot of people happy with his music? Suppose that's the end goal for any walk of life

Suppose his influence on pop culture and future musicians and artists and his performances at his peak. His voice was pretty unique too. Like say Elvis or Freddie, they had a distinct tone and range

Record labels may pay for it but, if they don't profit from the end product, you better believe that you owe them

Events have gone way past tweets at this stage sligach

Have another one. Michael Jackson was a proud black man. I think his appearance was also part of the excuse to be racist towards him.

The media spouted crap for decades that he was bleaching his skin. Did they ever apologise for their lies? Did they ****? Gutter tabloid press. Just look at you, 10 years after a confirmed fact and you spouted lies about him hating his heritage and skin colour. You're part of the problem. Shame on you!

Whilst he had Quincy Jones, Michael Jackson did write quite a few of his own

Don't Stop till you get enough, Billie Jean, Beat It, Say Say Say, The Girl Is Mine, We Are The World, Bad, The Way You Make Me Feel, Smooth Criminal, Dirty Diana, Another Part of me, Leave Me Alone, B or W, Remember The Time, Jam, Stranger in Moscow, Scream, Earth Song, Blood On The Dance Floor, Can you feel it, Working Day and night, Wanna be starting something, Shake your body

They're all pretty much good to classic songs in fairness and were massive hits.

Suppose his influence on pop culture and future musicians and artists and his performances at his peak. His voice was pretty unique too. Like say Elvis or Freddie, they had a distinct tone and range

Record labels may pay for it but, if they don't profit from the end product, you better believe that you owe them

Sadly for the MJ obsessives the general public are disgusted with his carry on during his wretched life and for example RTÉ have banned him thankfully.

I think bbc too. Can someone check and confirm?

Have another one. Michael Jackson was a proud black man. I think his appearance was also part of the excuse to be racist towards him.

The media spouted crap for decades that he was bleaching his skin. Did they ever apologise for their lies? Did they ****? Gutter tabloid press. Just look at you, 10 years after a confirmed fact and you spouted lies about him hating his heritage and skin colour. You're part of the problem. Shame on you!

Stop targeting me with your bile. Reported.

• Advertisement

Sadly for the MJ obsessives the general public are disgusted with his carry on during his wretched life and for example RTÉ have banned him thankfully.

Wouldn't go as far as to say the general public. Seems to be a minority, whichever way you wish to view that is up to you or any individual I guess.

RTE haven't. I'm still one who listens to the radio and I've heard him on RTE radio

Advertisement