Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Michan's desecrated

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Oh I agree, medieval people wouldn't be as squeamish as me, they got up to some awful things that were 'acceptable' then, but not now. Well, ......., to each his/her own. Maybe you'll end up in a glass case in an exhibition some time in the future. (Don't know whether to add an emoticon here or not, nothing seems to fit!!)

I quite possibly will - I have considered leaving my remains to be plastinated ala Gunther von Hagens Bodyworlds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

That would be your choice of course. If I had to chose, I'd prefer to donate the usable bits of my body to help someone else in need. The Crusader didn't have any choice, but I guess he probably would have preferred a Christian burial with all the honours a Crusader would have expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

That would be your choice of course. If I had to chose, I'd prefer to donate the usable bits of my body to help someone else in need. The Crusader didn't have any choice, but I guess he probably would have preferred a Christian burial with all the honours a Crusader would have expected.

Plastinating is being useful - the bodies become educational. I have an interesting surgical pin people might like to see.

He got a Christian burial didnt he though? He was entombed in the crypts of St Michans.

It was centuries later that the crypts were opened and it was found that the people buried in there had mummified.

Im sure his soul was long gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

....... wrote: »
    That the medieval people themselves would not mind their remains being used as relics.

Personally I wouldnt either.

Remember you cannot have a Cathedral without a 1st class relic. That being a piece of their body. A second class relic is a piece of something they owned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

L1011 wrote: »
    Head and skull recovered, quicker than the heart was anyway. Hopefully this means they have the people to prosecute

They've got a guy, he has pleaded guilty and is in custody/remanded for sentencing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

A victim impact statement is to be prepared. Lol ....Have they found some of the crusaders relatives? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I'd just like to know why he did it. Senseless act.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,753 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I'd just like to know why he did it. Senseless act.

Won't matter. The solicitor will give the usual "he's had a tough upbringing"..."no facilities in his area"..."trying to turn his life around"

Basically it will have been everybody else's fault and not his.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,853 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Judge ordered urinalisys for the accused. Nuff said.

Edit, the defending solicitor did. Just to prove he was clean and sober, but he still pleaded guilty to robbing the head of the Crusader. Honestly.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    A victim impact statement is to be prepared. Lol ....Have they found some of the crusaders relatives? :D

What about the congregation? Their church was descretated. The last guy I heard who stole from a mosque lost a thumb,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

The last guy I heard who stole from a mosque lost a thumb,
    What a very odd assertion. Source?

What a very odd assertion. Source?

It is well known story in waterford where a guy tried to steal a candle stick from the Waterford prayer room and lost a thumb in the process.

What about the guy who threw a bacon sandwich at a mosque in the UK and was later killed in prison?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

The last guy I heard who stole from a mosque lost a thumb,

I heard of a man who stole another man's wife. Guess what he lost.

Advertisement