Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pokémon Sun & Moon rumours and discussion

• 12-09-2015 6:12pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

So, there was a few pages of KoroKoro leaked, showing new formes of Zygarde.
    corocoro10151.jpg

Seems like it'd be a bit late on to have an event for XY, so this could be part of a new game, probably named Z, or else X2 & Y2. Any thoughts, rumours, speculation or whatnot can go in here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

The new series of the anime is to be called Pokemon XY & Z which would suggest a new game will be called Z and based on Zygarde, but I'm guessing there won't be any announcment until next year after the new Mystery Dungeon game is released

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/see-new-zygarde-formes-in-animation-news-from-japan/

Bit more information about the new Zygarde formes: Zygarde Cell, Zygarde Core, Zygarde 10%, Zygarde 50% (the one we know already), and Zygarde Complete forme.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

Trailer for the anime showing the new Zygarde Formes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I really wish they hadn't wasted time with ORAS and just went straight to Z. I know 2016 is the anniversary of RBG but I want Kalos part two before anything else is done. Kalos has so much left to offer that it never made sense to me to just leave it idle while working on a completely different region with an unreleated storyline. The only good thing with getting Hoenn out of the way is that Sinnoh should be next in line. A region I'd love to see redone since it was so slow on DS.

I may be a little biased here as XY are my favourite games since GSC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I can't be the only one who thinks the bottom half of the main image of Zygarde from that KoroKoro scan looks somewhat like Genesect?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

There's going to be an event for shiny Xerneas, Yveltal, and non-shiny Zygarde in Japan, so hopefully that'll mean we'll get something over here. Being made to coincide with the start of the XY&Z anime in Japan.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

There's a Nintendo direct on tonight at 10pm. Masuda tweeted about it so people are speculating there may be some Pokemon info in it.

Yeah, Masuda doesn't really bother with spin-off stuff, so I'm feeling hopeful we'll hear something.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

So the announcement was Pokemon red/blue/yellow coming to the virtual console on 3ds & Pokemon Picross.

It'll be nice to have them on the VC but I'd sooner have some new Pokemon games

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed to be honest. I mean I have an actual copy of Blue still.

• Advertisement

Plus we already had remakes on the GBA.

I'm happy with the RBY news. They were always going to do something related to them for the anniversary so this saves them doing a third remake of the same basic games and practically guarantees a return to Kalos for the next full games, maybe towards the end of 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

12772076_963891687030452_901632118937425686_o.png

Has to be main series related right.

It seems probable, though I've seen others saying that it could be an official announcement for the English version of Detective Pikachu. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

So nintendo's filed a trademark for Pokemon sun & moon. Possibly related to tomorrow's direct?

https://oami.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/015148976

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

nintendo-e3-gif.gif

Confirmed now. Choo choo full steam ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This is exciting news. Hopefully it delivers...

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Most of the rumours flying are that it's going to be new main series games called Pokémon Sun, and Pokémon Moon. I then spotted this image online:
    a3MuDld.jpg

Pokemon Sun and Moon confirmed for Late 2016. You can transfer pokemon from the VC releases of red, blue, and yellow, up to sun and moon using pokemon bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Disappointed that there's no trailer. Got a few glimpses of a new bird Pokemon in its design stage

tumblr_o35veePTwF1r8sc3ro1_540.png

• Advertisement

Thread title changed to reflect the announcement.

"It all comes together" is an interesting choice of words. Maybe a game with every Pokémon available? Would be the first time since Red and Blue that it could be done in the one batch of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Still on 3DS... *yawn* looks like another gen I'm not bothering with.

Well what else was it going to be on?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Gives me something to look forward to. I hate Pokemon Bank though.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Angron wrote: »

I really don't know what he expected. It's always been a handheld series. The WiiU hasn't enough owners to make a switch above anytime ever.
    Maybe it'll end up on NX if it's rumoured to have handheld functionality but expecting it on anything but the 3DS :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Angron wrote: »

Considering that Ninty acknowledges that the mobile gaming market is there with GO, I was hoping they might finally put a main game series out on Android or iOS. I'd rather not have to drop money on a handheld system separate to my phone as another thing I have to lug around, charge, and ensure I don't lose while out and about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

With the sun and moon versions announced, where does this leave the (expected but unconfirmed) Pokemon Z? Especially with the anime series using the name? Next year's standalone? Then again, when did we last get a standalone like Yellow/Emerald/Platinum/Grey/oh wait... :pac:
    But seriously, thoughts on this subject? Maybe instead of just Z, to tie in with the new TV series, we'll get an XY version and Z version in 2017 à la Black2/White2. I may have answered my own question... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

well they've painted themselves into a corner so to speak with the Sun/Moon thing. There isn't a 3rd distinct celestial entity that dominates our sky. Pokemon International Space Station? Pokemon Jupiter in Ascendance? The long awaited FF/Poke-crossover Pokemon Cloud?

So Z could still fly, but it would be a little weird getting a throwback to a 3DS title on the 3DS. Is it too early to start the hype train up for the first NX Console/Handheld Pokémon title? I mean, Z is the axis that makes things 3D... so Z is by definition where - from a visual perspective - **** gets real... and that's a mathematical fact!

Advertisement