Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pokemon General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

50,000 people on now in the Rocket hide out. Idiots still spamming start, progress is slowed down so much because of that. Down to four in the party and Flareon is gone? Rattata, Pidgeot, Farfetch'd and Oddish.... I think.
    A Neurotic wrote: »
    Yeah, I really don't understand how it's even playable. Not alone is there the thousands of commands, but apparently there's a 30-second delay between command and action as well? How the hell do they even get through doors?

Not 30 seconds, more like 5 seconds at worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Not 30 seconds, more like 5 seconds at worst.

You obviously haven't been on Twitch since their change to HLS streaming. Stream delays are 30-45 seconds at a minimum.

It was changed at some point. Counts the commands and whatever has the most after 20 seconds is the next command. Much better as the start spamming will never win that race. Takes between 5 and 10 seconds for each move now.

• I don't know if they're ever gonna get out of Rocket HQ.
    And if they do, think how fúcked they'll be when they get to Silph Co! :pac:

EDIT: Miraculously, they managed to beat Giovanni. And then promptly dug their way out without retrieving the Silph Scope!
    Giovanni_face_palm_by_urkel8534.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Captain Hman

they're gonna be screwed when they have to get through the safari zone

• Advertisement

Silph maze. Thats the rest of the month so. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

Anyone out there still playing Pokémon Black? It was my first real ever Pokémon game (having never owned a Gameboy before and having only played with emulators before then - favourite game was definitely Crystal) and I got it, along with a second-hand DS Lite, a month ago. Really enjoying it, have done the Elite Four twice, met all of the sages apart from Ghetsis, caught most of the legendaries (Reshiram, Kyurem, Thornadus, Cobalion, Virizion and Terrakion) and am now just sort of wandering about aimlessly trying to fill up the Pokédex and strengthen my chosen team of six.* [/SIZE]

I'm still playing them! :).. I've yet to finish black 2 as I keep playing guild wars instead XD.
    (actually there's something about black 2, I just get bored with it)
    white 1 was very good, and soul silver (I still play this :D ..is my favourite ..)

but yeah I'm not bothering with the 3DS at all, should only be a couple of more years for the next gen console, I'll be waiting for that.

I'm still playing them! :).. I've yet to finish black 2 as I keep playing guild wars instead XD.
    (actually there's something about black 2, I just get bored with it)
    white 1 was very good, and soul silver (I still play this :D ..is my favourite ..)

but yeah I'm not bothering with the 3DS at all, should only be a couple of more years for the next gen console, I'll be waiting for that.

You're missing out if you dont play X or Y. Best games since probably GSC.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    You're missing out if you dont play X or Y. Best games since probably GSC.

Maybe, but the next games will have alot of the stuff they've brought in, so shouldn't be a major loss.

and knowing nintendo, there will be a way to play them on the next console.

Twitch caught Zapdos. No clue how that happened but I'd bet on it being released fairly quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

RIP Dux the Tree Slayer and Gloom the Seed of Hope. (Also 8 other redshirts). May their sacrifices not have been in vain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

RIP Dux the Tree Slayer and Gloom the Seed of Hope. (Also 8 other redshirts). May their sacrifices not have been in vain.

Did they get chucked?

deathrider wrote: »
    Did they get chucked?

Yep. They're calling it Bloody Sunday. Shortly after my post they also released Digrat. 12 gone in total, including 3 core team members.

Cinnabar Island now meaning they somehow got through the Safari Zone!

Yep. They're calling it Bloody Sunday. Shortly after my post they also released Digrat. 12 gone in total, including 3 core team members.

Do they sill have that massive bird?

Pidgeot? Yep. Also nabbed Zapdos with the master ball.

You can keep track of what's going on easily here: www.bit.ly/pokeprogress

Pidgeot? Yep. Also nabbed Zapdos with the master ball.

You can keep track of what's going on easily here: www.bit.ly/pokeprogress

Yeah the Pidgeot (can never remember which order the names of their evoltuion go), they'd be proper lost without him. Lucky the masterball wasn't tossed at a level 4 rattatta.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Heh, that reminds me of my early days playing Red, and not using the Master Ball to catch any of the legendaries. After that, I may as well have taken Oak's advice: tumblr_mwlzf7EAMd1s6bjwgo1_400.jpg

So what are the general ages of boardsies that like pokemon ? i mean I'm a 19 year old lad and i love the games to bits

So what are the general ages of boardsies that like pokemon ? i mean I'm a 19 year old lad and i love the games to bits

27 this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

I'm 19 too, though I'd be a bit of a genwunner (Ive completed all the games up to gen4 though). Must have multiple thousands of hours in yellow at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

26 in october

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Oh dear god.... I have T-shirts older than you guys...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm 22.

I'm 19 too, though I'd be a bit of a genwunner (Ive completed all the games up to gen4 though). Must have multiple thousands of hours in yellow at this stage!

yellow is one of the best ;)

I'm... Danny Glover.

kids these day dont know what it feels like to battle with a link lead

kids these day dont know what it feels like to battle with a link lead

I know! I still have my Game Boy Colour and copies of Blue and Gold.

I have a copy of silver and crystal still but i think the battery ran out in the cartridge so it doesnt save anymore

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

That happened to my gold version...my blue, yellow and crystal are still going strong although their days must be numbered :(

Advertisement