Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

need an end of the world/ apocolytic/ survival movie asap!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The Divide is another one that somewhat slipped under the radar, found it qutie decent, though it's mostly set in an underground bunker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Air (2015)

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

Cargo (2017 Australian film Netflix)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

Z for zachariah? Thats a great flick.

Arnold Schwarzenegger did a different kind of zombie movie called maggie a few years ago which was decent and he was fsirly good in

Well, thats another one for the books, someone already mentioned it see "carriers"

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stwome01

Saw a few Korean films recently that I really enjoyed if you don't mind subtitles

The train to busan (Zombie film)
    Pandora (Nuclear disaster Movie)

Also enjoyed the Irish Zombie movie
    The Cured (Not zombie enough for a lot of people but I like the concept)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭steamsey

Leave no Trace - survival film. Decent watch.

These are some interesting sounding ones to get me started in the new year, hopefully some available on netflix or if not? where?
    what other kind of Apocalypse movies are there? pathogenic, zombies, nuclear war, environmental, aliens, have I left anything out?

New out on netflics is IO i havent seen it yet and last year i think was Annihilation with Natelie Portman which i cant remember too much about was a stranger things vibe to it if i remember correctly dont remembering thinkinh it was bad though, i might need to rewatch it as i obviously didnt pay kuch attention to it

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭hotshots85

New out on netflics is IO i havent seen it yet and last year i think was Annihilation with Natelie Portman which i cant remember too much about was a stranger things vibe to it if i remember correctly dont remembering thinkinh it was bad though, i might need to rewatch it as i obviously didnt pay kuch attention to it

DO NOT WATCH IO. Its long, boring, obvious. Like the Martian with all the good bits taken out.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭mr_cochise

The Postman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

The girl with all the gifts

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

‘The quiet earth’ from 1985 is one i remember enjoying.

Spent the last couple of days trying to remember the title of one and this is it. New Zealand, 1985.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

The day the earth stood still(1951)

The Divide is another one that somewhat slipped under the radar, found it qutie decent, though it's mostly set in an underground bunker.

I forgot about that one, interesting and not everything explained

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Apocalypto - Does what is says on the tin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

hotshots85 wrote: »
    DO NOT WATCH IO. Its long, boring, obvious. Like the Martian with all the good bits taken out.

FFS
    saw this too late.

Just endured it.
    Rubbish

Advertisement