Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Forum Stats Updates

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    It's my birthday month too, not that I'm counting at this stage mind LOL.

I try to look on the bright side and every birthday is a year nearer to retirement :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Not to bring the thread down, but I always look forward to my birthday. 1. Cake, what's not to love :D and 2. We all know too many people who have passed on long before their time - it makes me grateful for every birthday!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    It’s a leap year. We all get to skip our birthdays this year. That’s how that works right??

Works for me!:D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So as it stands we are 92 posts ahead of Feb 19. :)

I kept the stats update minimum this month as I wanted to keep conversation flowing naturally and ye knocked it out of the park!! :)

I kept the stats update minimum this month as I wanted to keep conversation flowing naturally and ye knocked it out of the park!! :)

I assume Feb would be a step down from Jan in terms of numbers?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm so wound up about Covid19 that for a sec I thought you were giving stats about that...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I assume Feb would be a step down from Jan in terms of numbers?

Ah yeah of course. But not too much off January really.

New Home wrote: »
    I'm so wound up about Covid19 that for a sec I thought you were giving stats about that...

The most important stat on that is 98% recovery rate.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That's great. Go us! :D

That's cool. I really would have expected Feb to fall off a cliff with number of posts as Jan still has 5 days of Christmas, little Christmas and most folk back to work talking about the previous 2 weeks etc. Great to see we kept the chat going!!

• Advertisement

Pleasantly surprised to hear this as got the impression things had gone a lot quieter so guess it was just my imagination :)

TRS30 wrote: »
    Pleasantly surprised to hear this as got the impression things had gone a lot quieter so guess it was just my imagination :)

Don't get me wrong it was certainly more quieter than January as expected but the drop off (and bare in mind Jan had 2 extra days as well) wasn't as harsh as you would have expected.

Don't get me wrong it was certainly more quieter than January as expected but the drop off (and bare in mind Jan had 2 extra days as well) wasn't as harsh as you would have expected.

We're two out of two so far so lets see if we can beat all 12 months!

I just realised we finished January 98 posts ahead of January last Year and we finished February 98 posts ahead of February last year, 98 is our magic number! :pac:

I just realised we finished January 98 posts ahead of January last Year and we finished February 98 posts ahead of February last year, 98 is our magic number! :pac:

And of course that means the drop off from January 19 to Feb 19 and Jan 20 to Feb 20 are exactly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I haven’t had a minute. Been barely posting.

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I haven’t had a minute. Been barely posting.

I'm only posting when in work these days, only time I see to have a minute to myself!!

I'm only posting when in work these days, only time I see to have a minute to myself!!

Know that feeling!

Know that feeling!

Me three and even then most days in work don’t allow time for a browse!

Me three and even then most days in work don’t allow time for a browse!

Its bizarre how busy everyone seems at the moment, we're flat out but am expecting everything to slow down soon enough with this Coronavirus thing, a lot of clients have already stopped visitors so site visits are off the cards for the a bit... already being told other projects are going on hold so no.idea where all this will end, in recession most likely.

• Advertisement

I had to say to myself this evening, you need to take a half hour of doing nothing. Today was manic at work. Just finished trying to catch up on paperwork now.

I had to say to myself this evening, you need to take a half hour of doing nothing. Today was manic at work. Just finished trying to catch up on paperwork now.

I've really tired hard to work on the 'work/life balance' the last few years, especially since the kids came along. I use to be terrible for working late, weekends, checking email in the evening etc.

I'm probably just as busy, if not busier, over all as the life part has ramped up significantly (who ever knew small kids were so time consuming!!:)) However I do mange to keep the two separate most of the time and am able to 'switch off' for work once out of the office.

Downtime from the two is rare however equally as important so do try to get that in as well.

Just notice i've racked up over 1500 posts in here now... by far the most I have in any forum on boards. My personal favourite stat that!

Just notice i've racked up over 1500 posts in here now... by far the most I have in any forum on boards. My personal favourite stat that!

Just over 1,000 for me so some catching up to do :D Similarly the most of any forum by milessssssssss.........

‘Tis a fine stat though :D

I've really tired hard to work on the 'work/life balance' the last few years, especially since the kids came along. I use to be terrible for working late, weekends, checking email in the evening etc.

I'm probably just as busy, if not busier, over all as the life part has ramped up significantly (who ever knew small kids were so time consuming!!:)) However I do mange to keep the two separate most of the time and am able to 'switch off' for work once out of the office.

Downtime from the two is rare however equally as important so do try to get that in as well.

I’m usually more on top of things though so this is very unusual for me. A couple of factors in my family life have impacted. Things will quieten down in the next 2 weeks although i’m going to be taking on an extra responsibility at work so there will be a period of adjustment too.

I’m usually more on top of things though so this is very unusual for me. A couple of factors in my family life have impacted. Things will quieten down in the next 2 weeks although i’m going to be taking on an extra responsibility at work so there will be a period of adjustment too.

Best of luck anyway. One thing I've learned is that theres few down times when you have family and a career/job. Theres always something on the horizon to keep you occupied.

Best of luck anyway. One thing I've learned is that theres few down times whrnnuou have family and a career/job. Theres always something on the horizon to keep you occupied.

A friend of mine always says if you ever think you’re going through a quiet period in your life then take advantage of it cause your life is about to ramp up so take advantage of the quiet times.

It’s so true haha.

Thank you. And here I am on my PC again working far too late. :(

• Advertisement

As it stands we are not too far behind the number of posts for the full month of March 19, it seems in the craziest of times we really need Christmas cheer more than ever!

Advertisement