Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Caterwauling

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

You clearly can't accept that we (the people who come here to view the thread) enjoy that Business Cat is the one who posts these.
    It's a tradition. for the past 3 years.

And we would like to keep it that way.

You've turned a fun thread into a complete whine fest for no reason.

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Cork Boy

You clearly can't accept that we (the people who come here to view the thread) enjoy that Business Cat is the one who posts these.
    It's a tradition. for the past 3 years.

And we would like to keep it that way.

You've turned a fun thread into a complete whine fest for no reason.

Well done.

I came here like everyone else to enjoy some business cat on a Friday afternoon and saw none posted. Figuring Business Cat (the poster) was busy or unable to post for some reason, I stepped in and posted. Other people took offense to that and they turned the thread into a whine fest. Ironically, you come along then and add to the whining.

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Can't wait until Friday to see how this pans out

Can't wait until Friday to see how this pans out

YU36kav.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Cork Boy wrote: »
    I'm being a dick for posting business cat cartoons in the business cat thread? Right, gotcha. Of course you're the hero for derailing the thread with your tantrums :rolleyes:

<<SNIP>>

You deflected my previous question.

So again, why are you persisting with doing something that you know is annoying alot of people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

How about for the next 3 weeks we hold a contest, best of 3 for posting the comic first, winner is the only one to continue posting the comic or be permanently banished.

side note - if cork boy wins he must change his name to Howard T Business Pug or face banishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

How about for the next 3 weeks we hold a contest, best of 3 for posting the comic first, winner is the only one to continue posting the comic or be permanently banished.

side note - if cork boy wins he must change his name to Howard T Business Pug or face banishment.

Or... we could just revert back to what had been working perfectly fine for 3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

How about they both post as usual and the winner is the one with the most likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭KAGY

<<SNIP>>If everyone who cared enough just put Cork boy on their ignore list then we wouldn't gave has this stupid back and forth over the last few pages.
    I agree with the mod that nobody has the right to be the sole poster of any type of content, but i also think that cork boy's continuing posting knowing that the followers of this thread don't like it is pure trolling and going against the spirit of the boards community.
    (... I'll be back, have to change to the old site o post a pic >:-\ )
    447182.png

• Registered Users Posts: 16,549 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I can't decide who I have less sympathy for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Anyone looking for drama-free Business Cat postings can go direct to the artist's site here. At least that way he gets some ad revenue.

Mods.

I'd like to apologise for my part in all this bullshyt.

I'll fully admit I'm being a bit precious about the thread. I started posting the BC strips in the YLYL thread a number of years ago when I came across them as i really enjoyed them, people got a kick out of them so I started this thread to allow people to track it from the beginning and to keep them all in the same place so yes, i do feel a level of ownership about the thread. I started it and have maintained it so i think that much is understandable. Someone in a previous post mentioned that im annoyed about someone else getting the "thanks" for posting. It's nothing to with thanks, if that was all I wanted I'd just post them in the YLYL thread which has a much higher viewership.

Our own little Business Cat sub community has grown over the years on the back of this thread as is evidenced by peoples responses to cork boy trying to insinuate himself into proceedings but despite repeated requests he is ignoring what the majority want and is continuing to cause derailing of the thread.

He clearly does not have the wherewithal to see this, perhaps he is trolling, but it's abundantly clear that it's not going to stop which means the thread will continue to be derailed and we will end up with pages of crap like the last page.

It saddens me a bit that the weekly bit of fun and speculation about what will happen next will have to end as the only feasible option is that a no chat rule be introduced. Otherwise we are going to go around in circles as CB has said he is not going to stop so there is nothing else that can be done.

That's my final thoughts on the whole thing. It's been a huge amount of fun but unfortunately, like most things with Boards these days, all good things must come to an end due to the actions of the few.

I'll continue to post the strips as they are released anyway as I'll be damned if I let him ruin that much.

Best regards,

BC.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

astradave wrote: »
    Or... we could just revert back to what had been working perfectly fine for 3 years

I wish I found this thread before <<SNIP>>

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

First time I've ever made use of the ignore function in 12 years of using the site!

Keep up the good work Business Cat!

Mods.

I'll fully admit I'm being a bit precious about the thread. I started posting the BC strips in the YLYL thread a number of years ago when I came across them as i really enjoyed them, people got a kick out of them so I started this thread to allow people to track it from the beginning and to keep them all in the same place so yes, i do feel a level of ownership about the thread. I started it and have maintained it so i think that much is understandable. Someone in a previous post mentioned that im annoyed about someone else getting the "thanks" for posting. It's nothing to with thanks, if that was all I wanted I'd just post them in the YLYL thread which has a much higher viewership.

Our own little Business Cat sub community has grown over the years on the back of this thread as is evidenced by peoples responses to cork boy trying to insinuate himself into proceedings but despite repeated requests he is ignoring what the majority want and is continuing to cause derailing of the thread.

He clearly does not have the wherewithal to see this, perhaps he is trolling, perhaps he has aespergers or similar, but it's abundantly clear that it's not going to stop which means the thread will continue to be derailed and we will end up with pages of crap like the last page.

It saddens me a bit that the weekly bit of fun and speculation about what will happen next will have to end as the only feasible option is that a no chat rule be introduced. Otherwise we are going to go around in circles as CB has said he is not going to stop so there is nothing else that can be done.

That's my final thoughts on the whole thing. It's been a huge amount of fun but unfortunately, like most things with Boards these days, all good things must come to an end due to the actions of the few.

I'll continue to post the strips as they are released anyway as I'll be damned if I let him ruin that much.

Best regards,

BC.

Please delete this part. That's not funny

Cork Boy wrote: »
    Please delete this part. That's not funny

It's not an attempt at humour.

You seem incapable of grasping a most rudimentary aspect of social etiquette despite it being repeatedly spelled out to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I'm out...
    Nobody has a monopoly over a comic they didn't have any help creating.
    This is ridiculous. I'll just sign up to the RSS feed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,150 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

d31b0y wrote: »
    I'm out...
    Nobody has a monopoly over a comic they didn't have any help creating.
    This is ridiculous. I'll just sign up to the RSS feed.

It was just a bit of fun to be honest. It's sad that Cork Boy couldn't just start another thread for related stuff while this one stuck to speculation and the comic itself so now we have a page of what is basically the antithesis of what the thread was originally intended for, ie a bit of fun.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 21,367 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It's not an attempt at humour.

You seem incapable of grasping a most rudimentary aspect of social etiquette despite it being repeatedly spelled out to you.
    As someone who has asperger's (ie me) it's also not funny.
    Asperger's/ASD/Autism is not a catch all term. Some people are just jerks, there doesn't need to be a syndrome or diagnosis!

PS - Keep up the business cat posts :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

ELM327 wrote: »
    Some people are just jerks, there doesn't need to be a syndrome or diagnosis!

Definitely the most intelligent thing said on Boards for days, if not weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭blue note

I always liked this thread. But I don't think the comics are as funny as they were. That said, I'm actually finding Cork boys trolling very funny at the moment. The level of anger is incredible for something that should be so trivial.

However, I'll get bored of it shortly and if this thread dies as a result I'll be disappointed. The fact that business cat was posting them did make it a little funnier.

So Cork boy, thanks for the entertainment, but maybe give it up before the joke gets old?

ELM327 wrote: »
    As someone who has asperger's (ie me) it's also not funny.
    Asperger's/ASD/Autism is not a catch all term. Some people are just jerks, there doesn't need to be a syndrome or diagnosis!

PS - Keep up the business cat posts :)

Apologies if I caused any offence to you or anyone else, genuinely wasn't attempting to have a dig, I will edit my post accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Mods.

He clearly does not have the wherewithal to see this, perhaps he is trolling, perhaps he has aespergers or similar, but it's abundantly clear that it's not going to stop which means the thread will continue to be derailed and we will end up with pages of crap like the last page.

Best regards,

BC.

This is hilarious. "I'll be damned if I let him ruin that much." is right up there with "Get off my lawn". You go, girl!

I think Cork Boy should keep it up, the entitled whining of all the butt hurt moaners has been far funnier than the comic posted here.

Unless the Business Cat poster on Boards is actually Tom Fonder, the creator of the comic, then all he/she is doing is stealing someone's work by posting the comic directly here instead of linking to it and depriving the creator of revenue.

The fact that people are getting annoyed about who gets the thanks for copy/pasting a comic from another website to here just shows how sad our society has become. Bloody snowflakes.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm not saying that the Business Cat Boards user is looking for thanks but a number of other people in the thread have referenced the Thanks system, saying they were annoyed they gave their Thanks to CB instead of BC or that Thanks could be used as a voting system of sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    The fact that people are getting annoyed about who gets the thanks for copy/pasting a comic from another website to here just shows how sad our society has become. Bloody snowflakes.

It's not about the thanks. Why would you think it is?:confused:
    Business Cat postings over the last 3 years, took the cartoon and added to it by virtue of who was posting it here. Anyone who was purely interested in the comic could, and probably does, go to the source and access it from there.

This was a mini-community built up around the persona of the poster.

CB is intentionally telling that community that they have no respect for it. It isn't about sharing the comic, it is about disrupting the practices within the community in order to become "significant" in some way.

It comes across to me as someone who wants attention, of any sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

This is hilarious. "I'll be damned if I let him ruin that much." is right up there with "Get off my lawn". You go, girl!

I think Cork Boy should keep it up, the entitled whining of all the butt hurt moaners has been far funnier than the comic posted here.

Unless the Business Cat poster on Boards is actually Tom Fonder, the creator of the comic, then all he/she is doing is stealing someone's work by posting the comic directly here instead of linking to it and depriving the creator of revenue.

"Snowflakes"? Thats always a term that indicates a high degree of discussion skills. Its really not that hilarious. Its simple a child has been told he is annoying the majority so said child decides to keep being annoying rather than ya know stop. This is pretty pre-pubescent and akin to a little boy (maybe from Cork) pulling girls hair repeatedly in the hope that he will get her attention. Or that gobshíte "class clown" who just annoys everyone and is a nuisance but thinks he is hilarious so he must be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

It's not about the thanks. Why would you think it is?:confused:
    Business Cat postings over the last 3 years, took the cartoon and added to it by virtue of who was posting it here. Anyone who was purely interested in the comic could, and probably does, go to the source and access it from there.

This was a mini-community built up around the persona of the poster.

CB is intentionally telling that community that they have no respect for it. It isn't about sharing the comic, it is about disrupting the practices within the community in order to become "significant" in some way.

It comes across to me as someone who wants attention, of any sort.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying that the Business Cat Boards user is looking for thanks but a number of other people in the thread have referenced the Thanks system, saying they were annoyed they gave their Thanks to CB instead of BC or that Thanks could be used as a voting system of sorts.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying that the Business Cat Boards user is looking for thanks but a number of other people in the thread have referenced the Thanks system, saying they were annoyed they gave their Thanks to CB instead of BC or that Thanks could be used as a voting system of sorts.

They were jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Is there any scope for a mod putting in a no off-topic chat discussion which specifically states you can't discuss who posts the actual comic as this is going around in circles and doesn't show any signs of stopping.

FWIW, I personally agree with BC on this - I wouldn't have known about the comic if it wasn't for him/her and up until recently there was a nice community in here who posted their thoughts on the comic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

osarusan wrote: »
    I can't decide who I have less sympathy for.

My thoughts exactly. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Looking forward to the next Business Cat comic. Really couldn’t give a flying f*ck who posts it. Hopefully CB, just for the craic.

Advertisement