Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shoulder Strength

• 11-02-2019 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi guys,

What exercise work do you do to build and protect your shoulders during the year?

I have ended the last 2 years with sore shoulders at the end of the season and want to incorporate some alternative exercises.

For context, I also do triathlons and a lot of swimming would be in the sea once the summer kicks in.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

I've had some Rotator issues over the last 6-12 months (Since I started having to dead lift a 10+Kg Child a hundred times a day)

I always fit in a few sculling sets (4 - 1 head first, 1 feet first, repeat) straight after my warm-up now to get some blood flowing into the area. It's really improved the LME in my shoulders and reduced the pain and restricted movement. I take it a bit easier in my stretches too so I don't weaken any connective tissue that has been having a bad time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Some things I do:

- A good warm up
    - Stretching before/after
    - Shoulder mobility & strengthening exercises, specifically with resistance bands.
    - get someone to asses your stroke. If there's a flaw putting pressure on your shoulders, no amount of stretching & strengthening will prevent them getting injured

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Band Pull Aparts are amazing for the shoulders.
    Low impact so you can do quite a lot every day.

Builds the rear delts and upper back, a staple to healthy shoulders.

Also improves posture.

Advertisement