Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the craic?

• 14-03-2015 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Incoming first year student, missed the boat for oncampus accomadation so I'm wondering where is the best place to stay off campus for first years? Thinking along the lines of brookfield,groody,courtyard. Will be coming down on my own so trying to figure out where do first years stay off campus. Any info would be appreciated, cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Reiver

Courtyard isn't a bad spot, many first years end up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 aineb100

If you're looking for parties, you won't find them in Groody. They shut those down ridiculously quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

aineb100 wrote: »
    If you're looking for parties, you won't find them in Groody. They shut those down ridiculously quickly.

Depends on how many people/how loud ye are. We've never had a problem with 10 people in the 3 bed house predrinking and stuff.

Also, on a sidenote, I think I know who you are irl Aine :P

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

One of the housing estates off campus like elm park , college courts or briarfield would be the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Micksy Rabbit

The only problem with Brookfield, groody or courtyard is the distance from the college, especially if you have classes in the north campus or if you intend on using the gym. I know Brookfield does have a shuttle bus but it's not ideal IMO. I find the further away from the college you live, the less likely you are to go to class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 kingofconnacht

anyone willing to give pros and cons of each one?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

anyone willing to give pros and cons of each one?

There's a sticky on the pros and cons of pretty much everywhere around UL

• Registered Users Posts: 25 kingofconnacht

put the deposit down for groody :) anyone know if ill be put in a house with other people in my year or is it just random?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

put the deposit down for groody :) anyone know if ill be put in a house with other people in my year or is it just random?

I found when I went there I was put into a house with 2 other 2nd years (being in second year myself at the time) so I would say so.
    There's always going to be someone left over though so most of the time I'd say you'll be in with someone around your age at least. If you're lucky maybe even a similar course.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

College Court is the spot for craic off campus, very close to college and there are a few decent houses around if you look for them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement