Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Two headed snake" remains dubious

Options
  • 16-10-2012 11:24pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I bet you all saw the news on the snake found in South Carolina that supossedly has one head in each end of the body, as opossed to the two heads in one end like "normal" two headed snakes?

Well I'm starting to think the people who found it are just craving attention as they seemingly haven´t allowed the experts to take a closer look and the videos and photos aren´t very clear.

The snake has been tentatively identified as a rough earth snake.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/25/two-headed-snake-south-carolina_n_1913712.html
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqnlMuzfZbWOZ_Fow9l_f-vIAGV87F7Tkk7N1vZKSwuh7t3Nsil1lxZEGtxA
    Many snakes have tails that look like heads, as a way of diverting predator's attention to the tail, but the rough snake is not one of them.

Calabar python:
    Calabar-female-adult-10-04.jpg

Thick tailed sea snake:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoFf5osOuxlT73KcK8ebIiLKsLaV8oZo4TpRDtg0zBGBWhPRgZwg
    Maybe this is just an individual that lost its tail? What do you guys think?

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,136 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Could just be a tail that looks like a head, the video being poor quality and no experts getting a proper look at it make me a bit suspicious too.

Advertisement