Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

help! i ****ed up xbmc when i updated it

Options
  • 18-02-2009 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

ok heres what it did.

ftp'd to xbox
    backed up the userdata folder
    loaded the new build of xbmc
    restarted to test it worked (it did)
    ftp'd again and reinstalled my userdata (pretty sure to the correct folder)
    xbmc now wont load (its my dash)

i cant ftp to rectify the problem! help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

hey man,

If your still stuck at by the weekend let me know and I might be able to help you out. You should still be able to load up games (try it out if you have a game) If you load up the splinter cell game exploit you can ftp your xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mayto

download Slayers Iso and you should be able to boot off that giving you ftp access. If your around athlone I could help you out if stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

the only slayers torrent i could find that had seeders was called slayers edited. i burned the iso properly but the xbox wont boot with it.

?????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

If you have the eeprom CD that you locked the drive with handy, unlock the drive and boot into windows with it connected, use xplorer 360 to open the hard drive and move over XBMC that way.

I'm sure you can hot swap it if you don't have the eeprom cd .

crap, was hoping you wouldnt say something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

could be a skin problem, hold the left thumbstick in when you boot up your xbox, or right stick i can't remember!

craze7 wrote: »
    could be a skin problem, hold the left thumbstick in when you boot up your xbox, or right stick i can't remember!

thank you!!! this sorted it, it was the left one by the way.....phew!!

Advertisement