Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Conjunctivitis surgery cost

• 21-09-2020 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭

I have a Persian cat that I think has an eye infection (probably conjunctivitis). She is on a course of eye droplets for it (with almost two weeks now) and it has improved a bit but has not cleared up completely. I have taken her to the vet (he put her on the drops) and I took her back today. He said to keep her on the drops but if they don't clear it surgery is an option. Just wondering does anyone know how much this will cost? I know it can vary depending on where you go but I'd like to have a rough idea.
    I'd be prepared to pay it (well no choice I suppose) if it was guaranteed to cure the infection.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Springwell

Depends entirely on what the surgery is - I would want an ophthalmologist to see the cat before I scheduled any surgery

• Registered Users Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭lukin

Springwell wrote: »
    Depends entirely on what the surgery is - I would want an ophthalmologist to see the cat before I scheduled any surgery

Thanks, she has got a bit better so maybe she won't need surgery I am hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭lukin

It is almost cleared, there is still a bit of grey there but hopefully it will go away.
    I don't have the cat anymore now, I had to give her away (long story) but she is gone to an excellent home with an owner who is an animal-lover and knows about the eye.

Advertisement