Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitten has unusual poop

• 20-09-2020 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi a couple of weeks ago I found a little kitten on the side of the road, decided to keep her, brought her to the vets to get checked over she was all good and aged at about 4 - 5 weeks.
    Shes about 7/8 weeks now.

Ive just been feeding her kitten food twice a day in the morning and night, there is a bowl of dry kitten food left out for her, she nibbles at it but not much. Also leave water out for her.

The last couple of days her poop has been a strange colour, its very pale, almost grey and sometimes has mucus, sometimes the grey colour looks like a film covering her poop as I can see brown underneath - Sorry for being so graphic.

Just wondering if anyone knows what could cause it as it doesnt seem normal.

Otherwise she is very lively and happy and eating well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Sounds like colitis so she’s either eaten something that didn’t agree with her or possibly the food you’re feeding doesn’t suit her. I’m sure one of the cat experts will be able to advise on food! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Cardamom and mimosa

tk123 wrote: »
    Sounds like colitis so she’s either eaten something that didn’t agree with her or possibly the food you’re feeding doesn’t suit her. I’m sure one of the cat experts will be able to advise on food! :)

Thank you, I notice she gets very bloated after eating and her tummy makes noises, especially if picked up.
    I changed her food to a different brand and it has helped the colour of her poop but she still gets extremely bloated although seems happy and is as energetic as ever.
    Ill keep an eye on her, hopefully its nothing to be concerned about.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

If she has been starved then you need to feed her little and often. Tiny amounts until she adjusts. Kitten food. Her system is not used to food. She will wolf it but then...

Advertisement