Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2 Xbox one s controller problems. Will smash console.

• 14-05-2019 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi just a quick one.
    I bought a new Xbox one s with Astro A10 headset.
    Sound and mic was perfect working ant then gone after 2-3days.
    So I was check astro to pc and mobile, works perfect.
    I went back to Smyths and changed a controller for new one. But it was work same for 2-5days and again is gone?!
    There is full internet with this problem, I don't understand what to do now?
    They will not change my controller all the time.
    is there any way how to fix it? Astro uses 3.5mm jack.
    is there any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Defl3kt wrote: »
    Hi just a quick one.
    I bought a new Xbox one s with Astro A10 headset.
    Sound and mic was perfect working ant then gone after 2-3days.
    So I was check astro to pc and mobile, works perfect.
    I went back to Smyths and changed a controller for new one. But it was work same for 2-5days and again is gone?!
    There is full internet with this problem, I don't understand what to do now?
    They will not change my controller all the time.
    is there any way how to fix it? Astro uses 3.5mm jack.
    is there any suggestions?

Thanks

With respect, your issue is not with the Xbox Controller. I bet if you get another pair of headphones, you will have no issues. Try a set of headphones from your phone or ipod. They use 3.5mm jacks aswell.

Also, have you updated the software on your controllers aswell? You can do this in the settings on the Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Defl3kt

ZiabR wrote: »
    With respect, your issue is not with the Xbox Controller. I bet if you get another pair of headphones, you will have no issues. Try a set of headphones from your phone or ipod. They use 3.5mm jacks aswell.

Also, have you updated the software on your controllers aswell? You can do this in the settings on the Xbox.

Thanks for replay.
    I tried 3 different types of headphones, they work 100% but not on controller.
    I tried update software on controller as well. nothing, #ziabR

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Have you got multiple Xbox profiles on the console or just the one?

You can associate headsets with a particular Xbox profile and when you switch user the sound might cut off.

Make sure there are no devices resting on top of the console, like phones, hard drives, tablets, etc.

Remove any USB cable plugged into the front of the console - dont ask. This a weird one that can cause issues. Its very rare.

*Plug in the headset, then power off the controller by holding down the xbox logo button one the controller and selecting turn off controller, power it back up and check.

When you plug the headset in is the console at least showing the audio settings in the fly out menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I had exactly the same issue and now have three different redundant headsets sitting at home. I tried everything and never go to the bottom of it so went wireless and have never looked back !

Advertisement