Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

July 2010 Boards forecast contest

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Just a quick question guys, how many months do you have to be in the contest to be counted for the overall scores average?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

This is a fairly informal contest, but the rules are that the annual score is based on the ten best months (whether you entered 10, 11 or 12 months), and there is also an award for the highest average score for those who have entered all twelve months.

Since some people enter well into the year, I add them to the scoring table when they have at least half the number of entries of the regulars. This is just for your information and does not mean you are eligible for the annual contest. However, if you're interested in this sort of thing, it's probably a good idea to compete as much as you can this year to get into the habit.

Scores are in a separate thread, the annual contest scoring thread. It's also on a sticky in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,505 ✭✭✭Speak Now

i mean it this month! I was surprised last month. . .
    It doesn't really matter as i can't win, i will only have 10 months entered, i missed jan and feb. When everyone elses bad months are taken out i will be way down the pile. . . Still, its nice to enter it and make some post of a stab at it!

7th out of 27 wasn't so bad, coming from someone who came last in May :pac:

Advertisement