Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭appledrop

Sam Hain wrote: »
    So thats it. What was the point of the female detective with a face like a melted wellie who was part of the main investigative team? Possibly one of the most useless characters in TV history.

Eh hello. It based on a true story. These two women detectives really existed. They are not made up useless characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Klaus added to my list for next month. May rewatch Christmas Chronicles and see if it holds up for a second viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I watched Klaus with my daughters today, a really great movie that will no doubt be watched a few more times this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,758 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Watched the first episode of 'The Devil Next Door'.. was enthralling but a bit too bleak for Friday evening viewing.

Hammering through the most recent season of 'Atypical'.. honestly think it's the best yet. A very easy binge but excellent nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭Heckler

Basq wrote: »
    Watched the first episode of 'The Devil Next Door'.. was enthralling but a bit too bleak for Friday evening viewing.

Hammering through the most recent season of 'Atypical'.. honestly think it's the best yet. A very easy binge but excellent nonetheless.

Really enjoy Atypical. Just the right amount of humour and pathos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Taiga

Klaus has been on twice today in our house. Hubby loves it, the kids haven't even watched it yet!:pac:

Watched Support the Girls last night. It was good but I wasn't blown away. Maybe I'm missing something.

Onto season 3 of El Marginal next.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭This is it

Watched a few episodes of How to get away with Murder last night. Is it just me or is the actor that plays Wes absolutely awful? I mean, he's really terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Any recommendations for a movie or tv series to watch, I just can't make up my mind

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I keep checking in case the crown is put up early but no joy.

Loved latest Atypical.

And really enjoyed season2 of Marcella

Living with yourself was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I’m looking forward to marriage story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Atypical season 3 started slow but then improved to usual standard
    Really really enjoyed End if the fkin world season 2
    From start to finish . Watched it all in 2 nights
    Soundtrack also excellent
    Going to start the devil next door this week now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Yes I agree End of the f***ng World was excellent. Best thing I watched in a long time..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭Homelander

The King was just OK. Not bad, not great, good acting and well shot but definitely missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

km79 wrote: »
    Really really enjoyed End if the fkin world season 2
    From start to finish . Watched it all in 2 nights
    Soundtrack also excellent

Agreed, halfway through now and really liking it, it lives up to the first series

The soundtrack is all Graham Coxon from Blur, hadn't realised until I saw the album under new releases

• Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    It is grim , distressing at times , but very compelling viewing .

Yeah the footage is terribly distressing to look at. I've just finished the first episode and that Israeli lawyer who is defending the guy accused of being that guy Ivan the terrible is probably not invited to many parties to this day. He's not lacking confidence. I mean I'll see how it goes but it won't be an easy watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Is season 3 of Hannibal really that Bad? I have watched the first 2 and heard bad things about season 3

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The crown season 3
    Added

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Is season 3 of Hannibal really that Bad? I have watched the first 2 and heard bad things about season 3

Don't remember it being bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Greatest Events Of WWII In Colour has been my viewing for the last few nights . Very interesting imo .

I watched 7 episodes over the last few days and going to try finish the last 3 tonight,agreed its very good but maybe its just me i feel the episodes are rushed like there is some things they just glossed over they could of gone over the hour mark for each episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

I thought so. I liked 1 & 2 but didn't finish 3 after a couple of episodes. It just went too far off the rails. I wish they had of finished it at the end of 2. I can see why it got cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I watched the whole series at the time, and was a fan of 1 and 2, but Fuller became way too self indulgent in Season 3. A meandering season that by the time they knew they were cancelled, it ended up being a rushed and ludicrous conclusion.

I watched the whole series at the time, and was a fan of 1 and 2, but Fuller became way too self indulgent in Season 3. A meandering season that by the time they knew they were cancelled, it ended up being a rushed and ludicrous conclusion.

I heard rumours there could still be a season 4. Any way would appreciate some things to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

I think this hits the nail on the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,199 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Started the Crown, had intended on binging on 5 or 6 but couldn't get past episode 3 without taking a break - not because it was bad but because it was a quite brilliant.
    It tells the story of the Aberfan disaster which I knew about but seeing its portrayal on screen was emotional. A masterful episode and performance from Olivia Colman.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

CastorTroy wrote: »
    13 episodes in this season of She-Ra. Cool!

I enjoyed it but one or two episodes did feel slightly like filler. Crazy ending though!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Taiga

Started the Crown, had intended on binging on 5 or 6 but couldn't get past episode 3 without taking a break - not because it was bad but because it was a quite brilliant.
    It tells the story of the Aberfan disaster which I knew about but seeing its portrayal on screen was emotional. A masterful episode and performance from Olivia Colman.

Only started this myself last night. Only two eps in. Enjoying it more than I expected as I have zero interest in the Royals.

I can't watch she ra at all. So different to the 80s cartoon

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I enjoyed it but one or two episodes did feel slightly like filler. Crazy ending though!

Only started watching yesterday so I'm only on episode 8.
    I can't watch she ra at all. So different to the 80s cartoon
    It is, but I barely remember the 80s cartoon. I actually think it looks good.
    But I don't think this art style would suit He-Man.

I was thinking I would like to see Netflix do Thundercats. The last reboot was good before it got cancelled. Same with the last He-Man series.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Only started watching yesterday so I'm only on episode 8.

It is, but I barely remember the 80s cartoon. I actually think it looks good.
    But I don't think this art style would suit He-Man.

I was thinking I would like to see Netflix do Thundercats. The last reboot was good before it got cancelled. Same with the last He-Man series.

Isn't Kevin Smith doing some sort of HeMan series for Netflix?

Advertisement