Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Slim" Voyager DVDs?

Options
  • 28-11-2006 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Is there any plan to release slim Voyager DVDs like the TNG ones? Maybe for the 40th anniversary? (TNG ones have an anniversary sticker on them and cost €40 in HMV whereas the Voyager boxes are €85 in the sale!)

I'm holding out for a slim version, not just for the price difference, but I hate the bulkiness of the plastic case ones, and they won't stack with my other DVDs :)

Anyone know if there's any plans for a release here? I saw these cases on Wikipedia but assume they're Region 1 / American?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

why would you pay money for voyager?

they raped the borg, they took everything thsat 2was good and pure about star trek (and to be fair, there wasn't all that much) and pissed all over it.

Well, the set picture that you have provided the link for is the R1 set, but also, they are similar to the R2 Voyager set cases too.

In regards to a DVD release. Assuming that the TNG slims were a test case, then it may be some time before Voyager gets the re-release. The sets were releases in: TNG > DS9 > Voyager > TOS > Enterprise > TAS.

Now, if they decide to wait a year between the release of the slims, all 7 sets of TNG were released on May 22nd 2006, it may be some time in the future before they are released.

So, there are no official plans for a release of a slim voyager pack

Advertisement