Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

There was x2 warehouse stock of the Back to the Future poster I posted in the main thread, but both now gone, so good to know I'm not the only one with such fine taste :pac:.

delly wrote: »
    There was x2 warehouse stock of the Back to the Future poster I posted in the main thread, but both now gone, so good to know I'm not the only one with such fine taste :pac:.

Guilty as charged of taking one of the two. :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Guilty as charged of taking one of the two. :D

I seriously considered it. Was a cool piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Seen your post in the bargains thread and thought "this man has taste" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,762 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Can't get deoderant spray or roll on delivered to ireland
    Ordered a 6 pack of "Sure" roll on yesterday. Worked out at 5.60 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I notice someone posted in the no chat thread that they paid in euro with amazon currency conversion

Pay in £££££ folks

Nope. I always pay revolut. Just showed the pre purchase price for another poster.
    My delivery arrived last week. Should do me for more than 3 days!!!!
    I hope.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've always noticed that when I pay for something on Amazon with my debt card that I get hit with a 46c fee, anyone else experience this and is there any way around it? I don't tend to use Revolut much, besides keeping it topped up with money is there anything else to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,842 ✭✭✭Soarer

Clareman wrote: »
    I've always noticed that when I pay for something on Amazon with my debt card that I get hit with a 46c fee, anyone else experience this and is there any way around it? I don't tend to use Revolut much, besides keeping it topped up with money is there anything else to do with it?

It'll save you 46c minimum every time you use it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Soarer wrote: »
    It'll save you 46c minimum every time you use it!

Plus Revolut has better exchange rates..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Plus if you're on aib, they charge you 20c every time you use your card. Still don't know why I'm still with them!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm with Permanent TSB and I'm supposed to have free banking, I must contact them about it, until then I'll just top up my Revolot card.

If you’re paying in £ it will be their charge for currency exchange

I've tried it with both their exchange or in pounds, same rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,183 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Use Revolut. Nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,183 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

N26 and curve are alright too
    Other cards matter :D

N26 work the exchange for similar to revolut? Didn't realise that. Have one but always use Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I thought you had to pay for N26 transactions, that's why I never use them, always Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

muffler wrote: »
    Harry Potter DVD box set (all 8 films) from Amazon.fr. Was showing up initially at €14.95 but is now €15.08 + €5.34 P&P. So total is €20.42

Am I missing something or are these dubbed in French?
    Also some reviews saying counterfeit or low quality. I'd like to get them as the kids are getting to a good age for these, but the reviews are putting me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

They have a free plan the same as Revolut

N26 Basic at €0 a month offering free ATM withdrawals in euros and free payments in any currency
    N26 You at €9.90 a month offering N26 Basic plan features plus free withdrawals worldwide and an Allianz insurance package
    N26 Metal at €16.90 a month offering N26 You plan features plus dedicated customer support and exclusive partner offers

Is the basic plan unlimited? I wouldn't be interested in ATM withdrawals, just Amazon in sterling or supermarkets in Euros

corsav6 wrote: »
    Also some reviews saying counterfeit or low quality. I'd like to get them as the kids are getting to a good age for these, but the reviews are putting me off.
    I didnt look much at them tbh. There's a choice of languages when playing DVDs. The box they come in is in french though

corsav6 wrote: »
    Audio: German (Dolby Digital 5.1), German (Dolby Digital 5.1 EX), Danish (Dolby Digital 5.1), Danish (Dolby Digital 5.1 EX), Swedish (Dolby Digital 5.1), Swedish (Dolby Digital 5.1 EX), Japanese (Dolby Digital 5.1 .)), Japanese (Dolby Digital 5.1 EX), Italian (Dolby Digital 5.1), Italian (Dolby Digital 5.1 EX), Dutch (Dolby Digital 5.1), Dutch (Dolby Digital 5.1 EX), Catalan (Dolby Digital 5.1), Catalan (Dolby Digital 5.1 EX), English (Dolby Digital 5.1), English (Dolby Digital 5.1 EX), English (DTS-HD 5.1), English (PCM Surround), French (Dolby Digital 5.1), French (Dolby Digital 5.1 EX) , Castilian (Dolby Digital 5.1), Castilian (Dolby Digital 5.1 EX), Spanish (Dolby Digital 5.1), Spanish (Dolby Digital 5.1 EX), Canadian French (Dolby Digital 5.1),Canadian French (Dolby Digital 5.1 EX), Flemish (Dolby Digital.) 5.1), Flemish (Dolby Digital 5.1 EX)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

KingDian 240GB 2.5 inch SSD SATA III Internal Solid State - £19.12 at checkout

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KingDian-Cache-SATAIII-Solid-State/dp/B01B2OR2VC/ref=sr_1_12?dchild=1&keywords=240gb%2Bssd&qid=1613328783&sr=8-12&th=1

Been using one of these over a year, no problems. Warranty: 3 years

This one won't ship to Ireland!
    Am I doing something wrong, or did the sellers cop on to the bargain? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

marcbrophy wrote: »

Tried it and no issue I can see

Sup08 wrote: »
    Interesting. This is what I get ...
    This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ALS

Same message for me
    marcbrophy wrote: »

Weird, I'm getting the location message, like the guys below!
    muffler wrote: »
    Interesting. This is what I get ...
    ALS wrote: »
    Same message for me

Yeah, same message, I really wanted that drive! Ah well! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,856 ✭✭✭dodzy

Well if that’s the case, you’ve a UK address selected. No way it’s shipping if you’ve a ROI address as primary.

dodzy wrote: »
    Well if that’s the case, you’ve a UK address selected. No way it’s shipping if you’ve a ROI address as primary.

When the deal was posted it was being sold by a seller at that cheap price that would ship to Ireland (I think it might have been KingDian and fulfilled by Amazon). Now it is being sold by Amazon EU which does not ship to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

dodzy wrote: »

Nope, it was Irish address and a delivery date of 18th. It was a good deal but I had no use for one. Just tried to give feedback.

When the deal was posted it was being sold by a seller at that cheap price that would ship to Ireland (I think it might have been KingDian and fulfilled by Amazon). Now it is being sold by Amazon EU which does not ship to Ireland.

Cool, so I just missed the bargain, I wasn't doing anything wrong then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,307 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Most stuff sold by Amazon EU doesn't seem to ship to Ireland. Seems counterintuitive?

• Advertisement

Most stuff sold by Amazon EU doesn't seem to ship to Ireland. Seems counterintuitive?

From what I understand, the "Amazon EU" store is simply ordering stuff from Amazon DE through Amazon UK. So it's probably set up in a way so that anything that's bought from that store is automatically flagged for customs into the UK, which is why we instead have to order direct from Amazon DE.

Advertisement