Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Landlord and recycling

• 02-02-2021 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I live in an apartment building with no recycling. Is there any way to force my deadbeat landlord to give us the option?

So far I've just been piling my recycling passive-aggressively next to the bins, but I'm afraid that it's my good samaritan neighbours who are cleaning up after me, and not anyone who can fix the issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Do your neighbours have the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭guil

Order bins yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

Acccck wrote: »
    I live in an apartment building with no recycling. Is there any way to force my deadbeat landlord to give us the option?

So far I've just been piling my recycling passive-aggressively next to the bins, but I'm afraid that it's my good samaritan neighbours who are cleaning up after me, and not anyone who can fix the issue.

So you are littering and admit someone else is cleaning up your mess?? you are not recycling, end of.
    What facilities are at the apartment? because it doesnt sound like no recycling is your landlords fault specifically, perhaps they have been removed due to likely problems, one if which you admit guilt to yourself, littering/incorrect disposal of waste.
    I'm guessing there isn't an option for you to order your own bin where it wont be misused by other tenants/occupants?
    Dont see how this is explicitly your landlords fault, more a problem of society, less harm is done by you just binning your recyclable waste in the existing bin than let someone else do it.
    I recycle, but I am under limited illusion that anything useful is done with it in terms of re-use, best case scenario it's processed into a variety of sources of fuel and sent somewhere like Sweden who burn it in a more modern way to produce heat/electricity, that way it is getting into the waterways less.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Bag it and bring to your local recycling centres yourself.

Stop putting beside the bins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭Deemed as Normal

I remember in one place I'd stayed in for 3 months in college didn't do recycling. I kept it all in the wardrobe shelves in my room. It took up a lot of space, but it was surprisingly light (no glass) when I bagged it all at the end, and brought it home in the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Bag it and bring to your local recycling centres yourself.

Stop putting beside the bins.

Thank you; you beat me to it. There are abundant such centres. No hassle

Advertisement