Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Direct Route Tags

• 21-04-2021 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

Just a query about the Fermoy toll and Direct Route tags

If you sign up for the tags are you making any savings on the standard/ single trip of €1.90?

Or is it just more of a convenience for commuters??

Thinking of signing up for it

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Convenience. You're not saving anything as it's €1.90 whether you pay by cash or by tag and you get charged a monthly free, so it's actually slightly dearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

Convenience. You're not saving anything as it's €1.90 whether you pay by cash or by tag and you get charged a monthly free, so it's actually slightly dearer.

From looking on the website I realised that, thanks for replying and confirming that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Buffman

The only way you can save money with a tag is to have a vehicle eligible for the ‘Low Emissions Vehicle Toll Incentive (LEVTI) Scheme'

https://www.etoll.ie/low-emissions-vehicle-toll-incentive/

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Alkers

Buffman wrote: »
    The only way you can save money with a tag is to have a vehicle eligible for the ‘Low Emissions Vehicle Toll Incentive (LEVTI) Scheme'

https://www.etoll.ie/low-emissions-vehicle-toll-incentive/

Some of the plazas have trip cards available, which typically offer a 10% discount but only work at a specific plaza and you can't use the expresa lane.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I believe all privately tendered toll roads have the trip cards (it was part of the standard contract), with only the three state ones not (M50, DPT, Eastlink); but realistically the hassle and time involved is not going to save you anything.

You'll waste more than 19c of your fuel and time stopping at the manned booth to use it each time and that doesn't count the time buying it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Malachy Mangan

I cannot find a way of accessing Low-Emissions-Vehicle-Toll-Incentive Scheme for reduced tolls on an electric vehicle. My account is with eFlow but they say I need to contact the National Vehicle Data File. All links on the https://www.etoll.ie/low-emissions-vehicle-toll-incentive/ do not work. Can anyone help?

Advertisement