Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is the Irish kit car club still running?

• 10-04-2020 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys, I'm new here so forgive me if you have seen this before.

Planning on building my first kit car but can't find much information about the legal aspects of it in Ireland.

Wanted to become a member of a club in order to learn more.

I've been looking up ikcc but didn't find much to about the club. Is it still running?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

From what I know, they were at the Irish Classic motor show in Terenure last year and were looking to be there again this year but that obviously could be out the window. They seem to have fallen off the face of the earth. I was like yourself, looking at building a car but honestly, the insurance is a nightmare. There was a workaround in the past but I don't want to get it wrong as it could be breaking rules about legal advice. If you search for Zebrano on here, he was trying to get IKCC going again so it would b worth shooting him a message

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

Hi.
    We are currently working on getting the club up and running again. There is a new website being built at the moment. And a few other things going on. If you pm me you number i can get you added to the group chat.
    Thanks.
    Zebrano

Hi All.
    We are currently in the process of setting up the club again.
    And if anyone is interested in signing up for future updates please email membershipikcc@gmail.com and we will keep you updated
    Thanks
    Zebrano

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Zebrano wrote: »
    Hi All.
    We are currently in the process of setting up the club again.
    And if anyone is interested in signing up for future updates please email membershipikcc@gmail.com and we will keep you updated
    Thanks
    Zebrano
    Any update on the roadster build?

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Any update on the roadster build?
    Nowt at the moment its buried in a corner for now and ive been doing work about the house and garden last couple of months. But sure with the state the motor trade is going to be left in im sure ill have lots of time over the next while to get into it.
    Plus a new baby due in the next month so ill be busy for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 AndrewOBW

Hi all, just to bring anyone who's interested up to speed, the IKCC is now back up and running. If anyone wants to join up, you can do so on the website (boards won't allow me to post links, currently but it's ikcc dot ie). Otherwise, feel free to drop me a PM on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭zg3409

Here is site

https://www.ikcc.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭zg3409

By the way they had a meet very recently

https://www.ikcc.ie/topic/ikcc-events-and-summer-cars-and-coffee-meet

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dub2Dub

I have just signed up to be a member, will be posting my build and import journey on there.

Also looking for car clubs/communities to share insights - pm me if you you know good places.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dee66

What engine is that fella?? Looking forward to your build pics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Looks like a small block Chevy.

Interesting build, any more updates on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Slideways

On the subject of the IKCC, I recall a build called lexibug that was pretty cool.

Did it ever get finished?

Advertisement