Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭me89

On sale now. Hill 16 is now open as well

Triple header, minor at 11:30 and Joe McDonagh at 1:45

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

silverview wrote: »
    Its Wexford pal not Davy's Wexford. You don't hear people going around saying Codys Kilkenny

Cody's Kilkenny I would be a rich man if i got a Euro every time i heard on TV or read it in the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

laneykin wrote: »
    Leinster final 2017 Galway 0.29 Wexford 1.17 9 points
    All Ireland quarter final Waterford 1.23 Wexford 1.19 4 points
    Leinster round robin 2018 Galway 1.23 Wexford 0.17 9 points
    All Ireland quarter final 2018 Clare 0.27 Wexford 1.17 7 points
    I was referring to every wexford and kilkenny championship game sense 2017

Really think I'd be that clueless, I'm not savannahkat

I was referring to every wexford and kilkenny championship game sense 2017

Really think I'd be that clueless, I'm not savannahkat

Now now Billy I aint got a dog in this fight:)

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭mullinr2

When do they release tickets for the upper stand? The tickets on the gaa website plus ticketmaster are not great. Plus you can't seem to buy a juvenile ticket for the Hoganstand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

The club is putting in an order for tickets for the Leinster Final on June 30th. This is now a triple header with the Minor starting at 11.30am. Ticket prices pre-purchase : Adult Stand:€35 concessions in Cusack and Davin Stands only.
    Family tickets in Cusack and Davin Stands: Adult €35 child U-16 €5
    Hill 16: €25 no concessions
    Please ensure your order is correct before it’s placed as it cannot be changed once submitted
    Tickets ordered must be paid for in full on collection , collection times will be posted when tickets are ready
    Please TEXT your order to this number stating Stand and number of tickets required i.e. adult and/or child
    Tickets can also be purchased online or in supermarket

Got this from club secretary this morning

mullinr2 wrote: »
    When do they release tickets for the upper stand? The tickets on the gaa website plus ticketmaster are not great. Plus you can't seem to buy a juvenile ticket for the Hoganstand
    Concessions only in Cusack and Davin stands, yeah poor tickets online not fair on families etc.

Demand seems to be huge in Wexford, hopefully the 60 thousand mark for the 2017 final can be matched maybe surpassed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

An absolute balls that the Munster Final is on the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Purchased tickets. Just went with Cusack stand row 301 and Im up in seats tt. Hopefully they're not too bad. Looks like it'll be a good crowd at it. Surely we can match Wexford for supporters?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

mullinr2 wrote: »
    Purchased tickets. Just went with Cusack stand row 301 and Im up in seats tt. Hopefully they're not too bad. Looks like it'll be a good crowd at it. Surely we can match Wexford for supporters?

I can guarantee you we will not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Grats

Concessions only in Cusack and Davin stands, yeah poor tickets online not fair on families etc.

Demand seems to be huge in Wexford, hopefully the 60 thousand mark for the 2017 final can be matched maybe surpassed

Question - where were the missing thousands of Wexford supporters on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Grats wrote: »
    Question - where were the missing thousands of Wexford supporters on Saturday?

Who cares? This is the KK thread

this is a national thread, there entitled to ask me how I cook my scrambled eggs if they want.

I was merely asking Billy Ocean why he'd expect so many at the Final when they didn't turn out in their own backyard. Ignore the post if it upsets you that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Grats wrote: »
    I was merely asking Billy Ocean why he'd expect so many at the Final when they didn't turn out in their own backyard. Ignore the post if it upsets you that much.

It just comes across like you are trying to stir sh*t is all.

More people go to a final than to other matches. It's the same for every county. Everybody knows that.

It just comes across like you are trying to stir sh*t is all.

More people go to a final than to other matches. It's the same for every county. Everybody knows that.

I'll leave the stirring to you. I know Wexford turn out in huge numbers but I'm puzzled that they didn't fill Wexford Park on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭blackcard

I think that the Leinster Final is very much a 50/50 match. Both sides will feel that there is scope for improvement. I would be very surprised if Cillian Buckley is in contention for a start,Paddy Deegan has to be a doubt too. Based on Saturday, I would expect Jason Cleere to replace Deegan, I thought he picked out some good passes. I think Richie Leahy is best suited to midfield with Donnelly or Blanchfield to replace him in the forwards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭brookville

An absolute balls that the Munster Final is on the same day.

It's a pity alright but it was the last year.Its great for the minors to play in croker even it is early but i thimk that was pencilled in for the Saturday.This is a good wexford minor team we were lucky earlier in the year to beat them.We weren't that convincing at the weekend but its nice to get these young lads to a leinster final there is some nice hurlers on it and we are guaranteed a few more match regardless of the result.
    A big 2 weeks coming up for us i see our u21s are playing laois away Wednesday week.Hopefully this is a match we can win and get a bit of momentum.Anyone know how preparation has being going?i presume dj has found it difficult to get everyone together but hopefully we can make a good impression at this grade.
    Anyone know how deegan is since his injury?hopefully the next 2 weeks we can get wally back up to speed and also the likes of maher,hogan and delaney but buckley does look very rusty.
    It's great to get to a leinster final and when you think of the injuries we had up the spine of our team its good going.Lads like kevin kelly or luke scanlon arent making the 26 so hopefully training will be competitive over the next 2 weeks

this is a national thread, there entitled to ask me how I cook my scrambled eggs if they want.

If it was a Kilkenny egg we know it will take you at least two tries and usually ten years to crack it open.If successful at that you would have to bate it like there was no tomorrow (also known as the Davy method) or the said Davy will never allow you back into the kitchen, especially the amber bit but it will all be to no avail because as usual the sight of the amber will sicken you to your stomach. After all that you have to pray the pan does not come from anywhere in Kilkenny or as usual it will just be to hot for you to handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭therealdonster

I think the improvement we can expect to see with our lads in Croker cannot be understated. The one time we played there last year was arguably our best display of the year. I'd expect big games from the likes of Billy Ryan and Mullen again who should thrive there. TJ should also benefit you would imagine.

In addition the antics of Hanlon and others will be harder to hide in the side open spaces - assuming we get a referee that properly applies the rules. Having watched a recording of the game this evening it was very frustrating that the constant off the ball fouling and obvious targeting of TJ was not properly dealt with or penalised.

For me it says a lot about both teams ambitions that the home team chose to play with only 4 forwards in advanced positions while targeting our players off the ball. One team came to play while the other came to stifle.

• Advertisement

I think the improvement we can expect to see with our lads in Croker cannot be understated. The one time we played there last year was arguably our best display of the year. I'd expect big games from the likes of Billy Ryan and Mullen again who should thrive there. TJ should also benefit you would imagine.

In addition the antics of Hanlon and others will be harder to hide in the side open spaces - assuming we get a referee that properly applies the rules. Having watched a recording of the game this evening it was very frustrating that the constant off the ball fouling and obvious targeting of TJ was not properly dealt with or penalised.

For me it says a lot about both teams ambitions that the home team chose to play with only 4 forwards in advanced positions while targeting our players off the ball. One team came to play while the other came to stifle.

I would go along with your post. Just to add, what you witnessed on the TV was only a fraction of what actually went on. All the more credit to the players for restraining themselves and keeping their discipline. One could have excused them had they reacted as they must have been knackered after the intensive match just six days earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Lot of people noted how Huw Lawlor was hanging out of McDonald. You can't have it both ways.

Don't underestimate Wexford either, McDonald will be harder to marshal in Croker and it will suit the likes of O'Connor, Dunbar, Kevin Foley and OKeeffe with their pace too. Waterford played as well in Croke Park as they did anywhere when deploying a sweeper. And in the 3 years since winning the 2015 all Ireland, Kilkenny have won 1/4 attempts in Croke Park (for balance only lost one of those either, they're never easily bet anywhere).

I think it's going to be a great game, hopefully like Saturday which was really enjoyable I thought maybe with a bit more precision from both sides.

You would expect Kilkenny players to be a lot fresher in the Final and therefore more accurate in their shooting. Against Wexford on Saturday they had 12 wides from play as opposed to Wexford's 5 from play. Their link play and movement should also improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭brookville

Infairness we know the way wexford like to play under davie and its served them well.they try smoother the opposition and back themselves to get over the line.Theres no doubt they are difficult to beat and wont give up but i think we deserve great credit for last weekend because we have struggled the last few years with their system but i think we got an awful lot right.padraig was excellent as sweeper and lads like joey and murphy had a licence to get foward.james maher done well himself and o Keefe will probably have a good tussle sunday week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

The tone of the thread descending into a tit for tat battle now with the supporters of other counties coming in for a little battle.
    It used to be a very informative place for info on local games, and the county squads also.
    I supposed it lasted that way much longer than most other threads, now I spend most of my time scrolling past the sly digs, and lads fishing for bites.....

KK Abu

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

greenspurs wrote: »
    The tone of the thread descending into a tit for tat battle now with the supporters of other counties coming in for a little battle.
    It used to be a very informative place for info on local games, and the county squads also.
    I supposed it lasted that way much longer than most other threads, now I spend most of my time scrolling past the sly digs, and lads fishing for bites.....

KK Abu

No msg in 30 hours, you've really sucked the life out of this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty.Odd.

Any word on Paddy Deegan?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

No msg in 30 hours, you've really sucked the life out of this thread

Couldn't resist , could you ? :rolleyes:

I think its more to do with the non Kilkenny people that are coming in here stirring sh1te are putting
    people off posting, more than my post !!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

I would have to say Billy Ocean is generally a contributor whom I respect. He is Wexford through and through and for the most part he offers good insight especially from the Wexford perspective without resorting to name calling ( except in my case :) or any pettiness. There are however a lot of outsiders whose only purpose is to be petty . As an exile this thread is the best source of info at the local level back home and it would be a disaster to see it ruined. Keep up the good work and keep the info coming it is much appreciated and some one please please post an update asap about our injury concerns'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Village87

I would have to say Billy Ocean is generally a contributor whom I respect. He is Wexford through and through and for the most part he offers good insight especially from the Wexford perspective without resorting to name calling ( except in my case :) or any pettiness. There are however a lot of outsiders whose only purpose is to be petty . As an exile this thread is the best source of info at the local level back home and it would be a disaster to see it ruined. Keep up the good work and keep the info coming it is much appreciated and some one please please post an update asap about our injury concerns'

I heard a rumour lately that Richie Reid told Cody where to go over the weekend and walked off the panel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement