Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-01-2019, 15:41   #151
Deebles McBeebles

The way Billy Connolly uses the C word, or any swear word for that matter, is like poetry. It takes some of the offence out of it, no matter what he's said.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-01-2019, 15:42   #152
Porklife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbagofcans View Post
Some of the best men I know freely use the word c**t. They don't mean any offence.
Me too!! All my friends say it all the time... lovely bunch of *****!
I meant in general with Joe40
11-01-2019, 15:42   #153
Zorya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbagofcans View Post
Some of the best men I know freely use the word c**t. They don't mean any offence.
Read once that C*nt relates to the Irish word Cuan, meaning harbour. Not to mention its possible etymological roots in Cu, or Cw, very feminine words.

It's a word probably overdue for reclamation.

http://www.matthewhunt.com/****/
11-01-2019, 15:52   #154
electro~bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorya View Post
Read once that C*nt relates to the Irish word Cuan, meaning harbour. Not to mention its possible etymological roots in Cu, or Cw, very feminine words.

It's a word probably overdue for reclamation.

http://www.matthewhunt.com/****/
God I wish that guy was called Mike and not Matthew
11-01-2019, 15:55   #155
Succubus_

Quote:
Originally Posted by electro~bitch View Post
God I wish that guy was called Mike and not Matthew
Don't be so vulgar! It's off to charm school with you missy
Advertisement
11-01-2019, 16:22   #156
SomeSayKos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tell me how View Post
As others have said, you wouldn't use it in a formal environment, do those close to you not deserve a similar level of respect.
On the contrary, I respect them way more which is why I don't pretend to be someone I'm not around them. I'm not calling my partner a c*nt btw. I just use the word in general conversation as it's a great word. i.e "The cupboard's being a right aul c*nt coz it won't close properly", " Ah, my c*nting leap card is out of credit", " you should have seen what this c*nt on boards.ie is after saying.." etc.
(3) thanks from:
12-01-2019, 14:54   #157
Cutie 3.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porklife View Post
Pyr0, it's that exact question that got me thinking last night. I was thinking... If he was a fly on the wall right now watching me, would he still wanna be with me. Honest answer is, I don't think so. I think he'd still like me and I'm sure he'd find my stories funny and entertaining but I reckon he'd like his partner to be more demure. I think being ladylike and classy is sexier and more attractive than being a tomboy. I don't want my male friends to be attracted to me sexually so I'll act however I want and won't make an effort to be classy or sexy.
I think he'd lose his attraction to me if he saw me acting so brass. I may be wrong, it's not like I'm a nun around him or completely different. I'm still me, just toned way down.
Apologies if this has been said already but, isn’t your partner the one person in your life who you should/can be your true self around? Isn’t that the point?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion