Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-01-2019, 19:01   #61
Mrsmum

That's a rough deal. It's not really even about the money (as I'm sure he enjoyed being 'dad') but just the awful deceit of it.
Advertisement
10-01-2019, 19:02   #62
snoopsheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsmum View Post
That's a rough deal. It's not really even about the money (as I'm sure he enjoyed being 'dad') but just the awful deceit of it.
the day of the divorce it was about the money for her i bet
(2) thanks from:
10-01-2019, 19:03   #63
Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick View Post
Why shouldn't every father and son have an absolute guarantee of their genetic identity, rather than having to rely on a third party to choose to provide it?
Looking at it in a dispassionate, theoretical way, it’s easy to say “What’s the problem?” but think about the ramifications within relationships. Like I said in another post, if my husband wanted to confirm paternity of his child, I would agree to it without hesitation. But let’s not pretend it wouldn’t leave questions hanging in the air. Asking for a paternity test is inextricably questioning the fidelity of the woman in the relationship. If you’ve never been unfaithful, that’s tough to swallow. Your character is being tested and questioned.
10-01-2019, 19:04   #64
Wibbs
Wibbed for your pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryanne84 View Post
While this is a very sad case, to say that he’s infertile from birth because of Cystic Fibrosis, is alarmist. He may be infertile, but not all CF sufferers are.
While CF women can be fertile, though not as fertile as non CF women, almost all(99%) CF men are infertile.
Thanks from:
10-01-2019, 19:08   #65
eagle eye

How on Earth would you not know?
Advertisement
10-01-2019, 19:10   #66
Gimme A Pound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalyn Scarce Gear View Post
Typical emotional blackmail. It should be mandatory to DNA test both people involved to avoid these scenarios. Typical boards response though.
What? What do you mean "typical boards response"?

There are all types of responses here.

It shouldn't be deemed a problem if a woman doesn't like the idea of a system based on the mistrust of all women. How on earth is that emotional blackmail? And typical of whom?

Obviously men wouldn't like a system that mistrusts all of them. And with good reason. If a man has good cause to mistrust his partner, he should follow his gut instinct but mandatory?

It really shouldn't be difficult to see the issue with this.
(2) thanks from:
10-01-2019, 19:12   #67
Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery mutant View Post
So a woman with no apparent talent of her own gets 4 million in divorce, just because she happened to marry someone who was an entrepreneur and a hard worker who would work his ass off to give his family a great life.

Said hard working man who spent his life busting his gut for his family, then finds his whole married life was a con, then only gets awarded €250k for his trouble.

What a ****ed up world we live in.
If she was there from before his wealth, her contribution to the relationship may have been deemed a big help in supporting him while he built up the business. I don’t know much about this guy so I don’t know if that’s the case. But it could be. Often spouses of people who become wealthy during the marriage get generous settlements because it’s recognised that they contributed in some way to that success. Keeping the domestic show on the road can be part of that.

Just pointing out that the divorce settlement and paternity fraud penalty are two separate issues.
Thanks from:
10-01-2019, 19:14   #68

Should have shopped around and compared potential wives

Still though, what a bitch
10-01-2019, 19:15   #69
Carlos Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceadaoin. View Post
Imagine the government offering a service based on the premise that women are deceitful cheats. Nothing wrong with that at all. Nope
It's always funny watching some women get offended by the idea women aren't perfect on threads about this. It's pretty inevitable the government will be dna testing all kids at birth in a few years time. I think they already test for some inherited diseases based on family history and racial background.

Last edited by Carlos Orange; 10-01-2019 at 19:25.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-01-2019, 19:20   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yara Whining Threesome View Post
What? What do you mean "typical boards response"?

There are all types of responses here.

It shouldn't be deemed a problem if a woman doesn't like the idea of a system based on the mistrust of all women. How on earth is that emotional blackmail? And typical of whom?

Obviously men wouldn't like a system that mistrusts all of them. And with good reason. If a man has good cause to mistrust his partner, he should follow his gut instinct but mandatory?

It really shouldn't be difficult to see the issue with this.
You really love me don't you. Following me around like some love sick puppy.

There is no mistrust of women conspiracy here. What we are dealing with is a serious lack of respect for men who are embarking on parenthood which is a very serious long term commitment both financially and physically. This is certainly not the first case and it will not be the last. Now read what I said again slowly, just to ensure you don't go into another "leave da wimminz alone" meltdown mmmk?
Thanks from:
10-01-2019, 19:22   #71
suicide_circus

The term Nepotism derives from the word Nephew.

In days of yore, the only male relative a King could be 100% sure was of his bloodline was his sister's son.

His own son could be the result of infidelity on the part of his wife

His brother's son could be the result of infidelity on the part of his brother's wife.
10-01-2019, 19:24   #72
josip

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_circus View Post
The term Nepotism derives from the word Nephew.

In days of yore, the only male relative a King could be 100% sure was of his bloodline was his sister's son.

His own son could be the result of infidelity on the part of his wife

His brother's son could be the result of infidelity on the part of his brother's wife.

How could the king be sure he and his sister had the same biological father?
10-01-2019, 19:24   #73
Ultimate Seduction

Is it possible to find out if a child is yours without the mother knowing?
10-01-2019, 19:24   #74
Mrsmum

As long as married men and women have affairs this will happen. But she must have known it was a 50/50 chance whether her husband or her lover was the father of her first child. To let it happen two more times is unforgivable really.
Thanks from:
10-01-2019, 19:25   #75
suicide_circus

Quote:
Originally Posted by josip View Post
How could the king be sure he and his sister had the same biological father?
good question, he couldn't, but this was as safe as he could be

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion