Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
03-01-2019, 14:32   #61
Bannasidhe
Moderation is the key.
 
Bannasidhe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 14,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by nthclare View Post
So you're bringing everyone into this are you, can you not just leave the discussion between you and I ?
You don't understand the ethical dilemma you have placed me in.
I am right-handed.
I don't subscribe to the hang 'em high without judge or jury philosophy.
Is it because I am really left-handed?

But seriously - this has nothing to do with political persuasion.
Unless you think everyone involved in Beheavoural Science is left-wing.

That hotbed of radical socialism the FBI employs over 35,000 people to study violent crime and those that commit them. In fact they now track animal abuse cases not because they are PC spouting lefties, but because there is a proven co-relation between abusing animals and violent crimes.

Commie central aka the RCC has produced reams of excuses for the child abusers in it's ranks - and protected many of them enabling them to continue their abuse.

This is beyond political divisions.

Don't be that person who cannot see beyond their own political prejudices and try and score tasteless points. It diminishes you.

Those you dismissed here as "lefties" are saying learn to prevent - can't learn if you don't try and understand. Can't understand if they've been hung high or the key thrown away.
Bannasidhe is offline  
Advertisement
03-01-2019, 14:33   #62
donkeykong5
Registered User
 
donkeykong5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 5,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by begbysback View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykong5 View Post
Do you think the filmmaker should have informed Jamie's parents that he was making a film about their murdered child?
He did, whether that was by daytime tv or previous I don’t know. Either way they were never going to approve of such an alternative perception.

Like I said, the emotional cost is all on the family.
No he must certainly did not. Hence why denise Fergus is on the same programme tomorrow morning. !
donkeykong5 is offline  
Thanks from:
03-01-2019, 14:37   #63
donkeykong5
Registered User
 
donkeykong5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 5,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
Vincent Lambe is a highly regarded director, and a far cry from an attention seeker.

The problem here is that the James Bulger murder is a sacred cow of the British tabloid class, and any discussion of the murderers which doesn't characterise them with horns and pitchforks will have them wailing about how it's "too soft" on them and "humanising" them.

Believing the murderers to be just randomly "evil" and beyond explanation helps them avoid uncomfortable truths.
Maybe your amazing icon should learn a bit of empathy!
donkeykong5 is offline  
Thanks from:
03-01-2019, 14:43   #64
tayto lover
Registered User
 
tayto lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 34,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by King George VI View Post
They are humans. Making them out to be evil monsters takes away from the fact that a human being is capable of committing atrocious and horrific crimes.
They are still evil monsters.
tayto lover is offline  
(3) thanks from:
03-01-2019, 14:44   #65
nthclare
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannasidhe View Post
You don't understand the ethical dilemma you have placed me in.
I am right-handed.
I don't subscribe to the hang 'em high without judge or jury philosophy.
Is it because I am really left-handed?

But seriously - this has nothing to do with political persuasion.
Unless you think everyone involved in Beheavoural Science is left-wing.

That hotbed of radical socialism the FBI employs over 35,000 people to study violent crime and those that commit them. In fact they now track animal abuse cases not because they are PC spouting lefties, but because there is a proven co-relation between abusing animals and violent crimes.

Commie central aka the RCC has produced reams of excuses for the child abusers in it's ranks - and protected many of them enabling them to continue their abuse.

This is beyond political divisions.

Don't be that person who cannot see beyond their own political prejudices and try and score tasteless points. It diminishes you.

Those you dismissed here as "lefties" are saying learn to prevent - can't learn if you don't try and understand. Can't understand if they've been hung high or the key thrown away.
It all depends on how you try to prevent and understand.

Try isn't good enough.

Trying is a start, but as they say God loves a tryer or something to that effect.

An accomplishment is something worthy of appraisal, trying is like admitting defeat.

I suppose in the lefties world we're all winner's.
That's why I don't like the liberal lefties.
All steam but full of holes....not enough traction and no attraction.

I've Zero tollerence for naunces and child killer's.

If the evidence is screaming you in the face, who needs a drawn out trial, burn them at the stake....or something similar....

Anyone who commits a violent crime or abuses kids usually has no moral compass.

Seriously do you really think a child killer or abuser is going to be totally honest with a crime psychoilgist ?

Amen to that
nthclare is offline  
Advertisement
03-01-2019, 14:45   #66
Demonique
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by nthclare View Post
You'll have the usual pattern of people defending these evil bastard's, always from the left.

I seen something a while back about lefties saying paedophiles are another sexual orientation, and how hard it must be to be rejected by society for being a naunce.

If society ever say's it's ok to be a naunce or child killer then Armageddon has surely arrived.

They don't belong here, they're sick twisted and need to be all rounded up and strung up by their nuts and bolts....
It's actually paedophiles themselves who are saying this, I've never met a person on the left who said this. Paedos call themselves MAPs (minor attracted person) and whine about being hard done by online
Demonique is offline  
(3) thanks from:
03-01-2019, 14:47   #67
BattleCorp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykong5 View Post
Maybe your amazing icon should learn a bit of empathy!
I'm with Seamus on this one. By declaring someone evil and not investigating what made them evil (if anything), then we are losing out on the potential to learn from this incident and hopefully preventing this type of thing from happening in the future.

Yes, many people turn out to be monsters, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to learn why they became monsters. And that can only happen by asking difficult questions.

The above statement doesn't mean that I don't have empathy for Jamie Bolger's parents by the way.
BattleCorp is offline  
03-01-2019, 14:47   #68
FrancieBrady
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 20,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
Vincent Lambe is a highly regarded director, and a far cry from an attention seeker.

The problem here is that the James Bulger murder is a sacred cow of the British tabloid class, and any discussion of the murderers which doesn't characterise them with horns and pitchforks will have them wailing about how it's "too soft" on them and "humanising" them.

Believing the murderers to be just randomly "evil" and beyond explanation helps them avoid uncomfortable truths.
Spot on about the 'sacred cow' theory.

Anything that sheds light on these events is to be welcomed as long as it is responsible and sincere.
FrancieBrady is offline  
03-01-2019, 14:48   #69
nthclare
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonique View Post
It's actually paedophiles themselves who are saying this, I've never met a person on the left who said this. Paedos call themselves MAPs (minor attracted person) and whine about being hard done by online
That's the tip of the iceberg.
nthclare is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
03-01-2019, 14:54   #70
Demonique
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by nthclare View Post
Where did I mention politics ?

You're the one bringing up politics, I've yet to see where I brought politics into this.
This is the post where you brought up politics - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...8&postcount=13

Saying 'I seen something a while back about lefties saying paedophiles are another sexual orientation' is bringing up politics
Demonique is offline  
03-01-2019, 14:55   #71
Sir Oxman
Registered User
 
Sir Oxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonique View Post
This is the post where you brought up politics - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...8&postcount=13

Saying 'I seen something a while back about lefties saying paedophiles are another sexual orientation' is bringing up politics
That poster is so annoying.
Sir Oxman is offline  
03-01-2019, 14:56   #72
donkeykong5
Registered User
 
donkeykong5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 5,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleCorp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykong5 View Post
Maybe your amazing icon should learn a bit of empathy!
I'm with Seamus on this one. By declaring someone evil and not investigating what made them evil (if anything), then we are losing out on the potential to learn from this incident and hopefully preventing this type of thing from happening in the future.

Yes, many people turn out to be monsters, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to learn why they became monsters. And that can only happen by asking difficult questions.

The above statement doesn't mean that I don't have empathy for Jamie Bolger's parents by the way.
So do you agree that the " filmmaker " should have contacted the murdered childs parents to inform them that a film he had made about their child was up for an oscar award. ?
donkeykong5 is offline  
03-01-2019, 14:57   #73
nthclare
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Oxman View Post
That poster is so annoying.
Attack the post not the poster, isn't that within the remit of board's.

Nice try though
nthclare is offline  
03-01-2019, 14:58   #74
SusieBlue
Registered User
 
SusieBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5,026
Lefties are not saying pedophiles are a sexual orientation.
Pedophiles are the ones trying to push that agenda.
I would like to see proof of this alleged lefty independent group concerned with protecting the "sexual orientation" of child molesters.
SusieBlue is offline  
(2) thanks from:
03-01-2019, 14:58   #75
amcalester
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by nthclare View Post
Attack the post not the poster, isn't that within the remit of board's.

Nice try though
Where did that poster attack you?
amcalester is offline  
(3) thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet