Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-12-2018, 12:45   #16
Fr_Dougal

Gobschites.
Advertisement
16-12-2018, 12:46   #17
Effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_maxx View Post
This is farm land, bidx1 (formally allsop) will sell your mother's wedding ring but recently had to end all involvement with the sale of repossessed Farm land.
Farmers have zero regard for the law when it comes to banks trying to enforce debts on land, I was raised on a farm BTW.
So it wasn't the house, but the land that money was owed on?
16-12-2018, 12:46   #18
17-pdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirani View Post
You want to try do it with a woman dressed in a business suit maybe? How would she have fared during this retaliation attack?

Evictions can be dangerous and it's completely understandable that property owners would use a few burly security men to secure their property.
Eh? From the link:

Quote:
the family who are third-generation on the home farm, consisting of two elderly men (brothers) and their sister
16-12-2018, 12:48   #19
corks finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effects View Post
Don't pay your mortgage, you lose your house. Is that too simplistic?
Irrespective of how long etc,these idiots need to spoken to,lots of them aligned to loyalist scum
16-12-2018, 12:49   #20
pablo128

I just read the story. So the 70 lads who turned up to turf out the security guards completely wasted their time, and are wanted now for assault and arson.

Where were they when the family needed to pay their mortgage? Could they have all chipped in a 1k each towards the outstanding amount? No, too easy. Let's attack some security guards and burn their vans. Idiots.
Advertisement
16-12-2018, 12:49   #21
mikeym

So its ok for people who dont have Irish Security Licences to come down to Roscommon and assault elderly people.

I dont feel sorry for hired thugs.
(108) thanks from:
1800_Ladladlad, Always_Running, Arghus, Atoms for Peace, barney 20v, Bassboxxx, BBFAN, Big Ears, blinding, Bob the Builder, booooonzo, breadmond, brooke 2, buried, cameramonkey, celticcrash, charlie14, cmore123, Cona, Conbhar, CrowdedHouse, daheff, davycc, dbas, Deadlift kid, deadlineday, Doctor DooM, drake70, Emme, end of the road, enricoh, Fann Linn, fastrac, fonecrusher1, Four Phucs Ache, Gary Owen, gman2k, Gringo180, guapos, idle, IncognitoMan, J Madone, jackhammer, Jade182, JamesL85, jcd5971, Jimmy Bottlehead, josip, Junkyard Tom, juno10353, Kellford, kingchess, KKV, klaaaz, kurtainsider, Lackey, Larbre34, Lau2976, Longing, LuckyLloyd, Mahony0509, Mantis Toboggan, megadodge, Micky 32, mojesius, Muckie, murph226, murpho999, Murray TheDemonic TalkingSkull, Odyssey 2005, PaddyBomb, PandaPoo, paw patrol, pearcider, Persepoly, PopePalpatine, Pulsating Star, rgace, riffmongous, Ruraldweller56, selectamatic, Shaque attack, signostic, spaceHopper, SteelyDanJalapeno, Stoner, Strumms, Succubus_, tayto lover, TCM, terryduff12, The Satanist, the world wonders, TheMilkyPirate, theoneeyedman, thesultan, tipptom, Titzon Toast, TL17, tmabr, tommy42, TommyDe, Ubbquittious, Vowel Movement, washman3, weetiepie, Wibbs, WoollyRedHat
16-12-2018, 12:50   #22
P_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srameen View Post
I'd be more concerned about the vigilante anti eviction thugs who burned out cars and disregarded the rule of law.
As would I. However what do you think inspired that proto nationalist reaction? I get it, the bank has a debt that needs to be enforced but the manner in which they have gone about it is braindead ro put it mildly. Surely somebody there would have copped that this would have acted like a red rag to a bull to the people who went vigilante last night?
16-12-2018, 12:52   #23
mikeym

I dont think the loyalists would like it if Fenians went up North to evict them out of their properties.

I would say there would be violence.
16-12-2018, 12:53   #24
HamSarris

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_1 View Post
As would I. However what do you think inspired that proto nationalist reaction? I get it, the bank has a debt that needs to be enforced but the manner in which they have gone about it is braindead ro put it mildly. Surely somebody there would have copped that this would have acted like a red rag to a bull to the people who went vigilante last night?
They need to raise the banker salary cap to attract people with IQs above 70
Advertisement
16-12-2018, 12:54   #25
pablo128

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_1 View Post
Whatever happened before, those lads pretty much ensured there is no way back now.
(3) thanks from:
16-12-2018, 12:55   #26
Patww79

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo128 View Post
Whatever happened before, those lads pretty much ensured there is no way back now.
Doesn't matter. That filth has no place here and a line needed to be drawn regardless of any of her back story.
16-12-2018, 12:55   #27
greenfield21

I would say there isn't many security firms in the republic who would go near farmland repossessions.
16-12-2018, 12:57   #28
Gimme A Pound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirani View Post
You want to try do it with a woman dressed in a business suit maybe?.
Not that they indicated that but while tough measures are needed, why from northern Ireland and not the republic? Seeing as it is the republic. I think that's what they mean by the historical context bit, and they're right, dumb-ass move by KBC.

Otherwise though, people don't get evicted unless they are really taking the piss, and it's the very last resort following years of notifications.
(3) thanks from:
16-12-2018, 12:57   #29
pablo128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patww79 View Post
Doesn't matter. That filth has no place here and a line needed to be drawn regardless of any of her back story.
If the security lads were from Cavan or Leitrim, the same thing would have happened, but with a different excuse.

We both know that.
16-12-2018, 12:58   #30
munsterlegend

Whatever bright spark in KBC thought this was the route to go down involving security from over the border to evict must be incredibly stupid. This retaliation was bound to happen.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion