Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

11-01-2019, 14:59   #7246
Persepoly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoesdayschild View Post
Depends on what you needed covering P. I love tarte shape tape. If it’s pigmentation/red veins etc id use Mac select cover up or the P Louise rumour base. I also like the catrice one in the tube like lipgloss. Apply it with a small stippling brush.

If it’s discoloration you then need to try a concealer with a colour in it to counteract the colour you’re trying to disguise but to be honest concealer won’t conceal puffiness. The ordinary have a caffeinated serum that helps lighten discoloration and reduce puffiness. Tbh I’d be going that route instead of using a really heavy duty concealer around the delicate skin surrounding the eye.

If you’re looking for an insane coverage ( the smallest dot would cover so much) then I would recommend the Kevyn Aucoin sensual skin enhancer. You can mix it with a moisturizer for a medium coverage foundation. But that’s like if you want absolutely no imperfections showing.

I’m in work, thinking I buy way too much makeup
What about one for a bit of a glow Shoes? I sometimes look dark and shadowy under my eyes.

Still in work!
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
11-01-2019, 15:07   #7247
Shoesdayschild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persepoly View Post
What about one for a bit of a glow Shoes? I sometimes look dark and shadowy under my eyes.

Still in work!
Have you tried the Laura mercier brightening powder for under eyes? I’d really recommend that! More so than a concealer tbh
(3) thanks from:
11-01-2019, 15:10   #7248
Graces7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makikomi View Post
At home, off work sick due to a stress fracture in my ankle and I'm bored fooking stupid. Although being off my foot is great and the pain is easing better each day I'm bored, very bored.
Any craft interests? Learn a new skill? I spend a lot of time off my feet and knit, etc
(2) thanks from:
11-01-2019, 15:14   #7249
gifted

Quote:
Depends on what you needed covering P. I love tarte shape tape. If it’s pigmentation/red veins etc id use Mac select cover up or the P Louise rumour base. I also like the catrice one in the tube like lipgloss. Apply it with a small stippling brush.

If it’s discoloration you then need to try a concealer with a colour in it to counteract the colour you’re trying to disguise but to be honest concealer won’t conceal puffiness. The ordinary have a caffeinated serum that helps lighten discoloration and reduce puffiness. Tbh I’d be going that route instead of using a really heavy duty concealer around the delicate skin surrounding the eye.

If you’re looking for an insane coverage ( the smallest dot would cover so much) then I would recommend the Kevyn Aucoin sensual skin enhancer. You can mix it with a moisturizer for a medium coverage foundation. But that’s like if you want absolutely no imperfections showing.

I’m in work, thinking I buy way too much makeup

Couchside....thanking God I was born a bloke.....shower shave and scratch ....and away I go.....10 min max.......jesus imagine doing what ye women have to do everyday .....
11-01-2019, 15:15   #7250
Persepoly

Quote:
Have you tried the Laura mercier brightening powder for under eyes? I’d really recommend that! More so than a concealer tbh
I haven't but thanks for the tip Might go in to the shops tomorrow for a look. Back in the day I used Touche Eclat but was always disappointed.
Advertisement
11-01-2019, 15:26   #7251
aspiewriter

Couchside, with a migraine
11-01-2019, 15:27   #7252
honeybear

Finished work-weekend here I come!
11-01-2019, 15:28   #7253
Graces7

About to detach the furry, purry black limpet that is firmly attached to my wrist so I can make a drink...
11-01-2019, 15:35   #7254
Kitty6277

About to go and get passport photos done (again!) Hoping this time they’ll be decent enough and I’ll be able to apply for it without any hassle
Advertisement
11-01-2019, 15:36   #7255
GoneHome

Fireside with no plans for the weekend, bliss. None of the usual Friday evening gang that we meet in the local are around this evening, so it'll be a night by the fire watching a bit of horse racing and the rugby match later
11-01-2019, 15:43   #7256
TG1

Car, on the way to Dublin with the daddy to spoil him rotten.

To add to the concealer debate I just use an old natural collection one I've had a few years, I have a green one for my red cheeks I get from booze, a peach one for under my eyes and a purple one that came in the pack and I never figured out what it did! But layer them on under foundation and they do the trick for me!
11-01-2019, 16:02   #7257
Succubus_

I got my sister the touche eclat one for Christmas and was thinking of getting myself the same. I've very dark circles under my eyes, even with concealer and foundation you can see them and I've been asked if I had a black eye before

On the couch playing Recettear, not sure if I like it yet.
(4) thanks from:
11-01-2019, 16:08   #7258
its_steve116

Drogheda
(6) thanks from:
11-01-2019, 16:17   #7259
wildwillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by northgirl View Post
I could use all of the above really. Just caught sight of myself in the mirror...

Dear god... talk about dark circles..

Wah
HAPPY BIRTHDAY. The next forty will be the best years as you're now old enough not to give tuppence for other people's opinions.
After that you can behave disgracefully for another twenty!!
11-01-2019, 16:23   #7260
lbc2019

In my prebooked seat on the train 1630 home!

Pint of coke with ice and bag of Tayto for the journey!

Last edited by lbc2019; 11-01-2019 at 17:02.
Thread Closed