Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

I can’t imagine anyone thinks coke is great.

A stupid amount of people I know/knew take it now, it's just part of a night out these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,506 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The lads a simple half wit. His posts show as much, by joking bout being someone on the street begging for the next fix is mocking addiction.

I’ve tried drugs but for me a few pints is enough , but I’d never look down me nose at those in bad positions due to addiction.

As said I don't agree with most he says myself ,

I have family member who died from drug abuse so I know it's no laughing matter but I thought his post was more of a reaction to the guy making it sound like a great thing to do,

Anyway my main point was that it's not just a Dublin issue its all over the country ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PLOPS

I can’t imagine anyone thinks coke is great.

piplip87 wrote: »
    I disagree. Coke is great fun. Like everything else if used in moderation. Absolutely nothing wrong with somebody who might have a sniff every now and then. It's the same with all the major vices.

Chances are the if it wasn't Coke your buddy from school would be in the same state from Drink or gambling.

Just because you know a few people who have had addiction issues with a substance does not mean that it's bad or worse than any of the others. Going by your logic Pubs, Bookies and off licence's should all be banned because a small percentage of the people who drink or gamble become addicted.

Chances are you know far more people who like a sniff who live normal, healthy and happy lives than those it is a problem for.

May a present to you exhibit A......

Any way, i'm sure there are people using coke who live normal lives. the "coke is great fun" logic is childish stuff. It artificially makes you think your having a great time in your head, when in reality you doing nothing more different than you would be doing otherwise. It doesn't bother me who does it. Look at what Coke did to various celebs, Danielle Westbrook looks like a corpse, her nose has collapsed. You may argue drink and gambling are just as bad of a vice. i'd certainly disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

The lads a simple half wit. His posts show as much, by joking bout being someone on the street begging for the next fix is mocking addiction.

I’ve tried drugs but for me a few pints is enough , but I’d never look down me nose at those in bad positions due to addiction.

I take it that English is not your first language otherwise only a complete ape would think my post was joking about drug addiction.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

I take it that English is not your first language otherwise only a complete ape would think my post was joking about drug addiction.

Case IH or New Holland 8070? stick to what you know, leave the adults deal with the important stuf. Good lad run along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,506 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

You could just have explained that instead of calling people Ape's,
    What good is that going to do ?

I gotta say boards sometimes is the internet version of road rage ,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Gardai investigating after houses blasted by shotgun in west Dublin.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/gardai-investigating-after-houses-blasted-15823993

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Southdublin6 v realdanbren making hutch v Kinahan look like a primary schoolyard fight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Gardai investigating after houses blasted by shotgun in west Dublin.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/gardai-investigating-after-houses-blasted-15823993

You have to question where on earth the Guards were for the second incident?

House gets shot up and 3 hours later people think they'll get away with shooting up another house a stones throw away...

I say that in the belief the first shooting was reported in time, if not then fair enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

begbysback wrote: »
    Southdublin6 v realdanbren making hutch v Kinahan look like a primary schoolyard fight

Bagsy to be Kinahan side hahah

• Advertisement

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    You have to question where on earth the Guards were for the second incident?

House gets shot up and 3 hours later people think they'll get away with shooting up another house a stones throw away...

I say that in the belief the first shooting was reported in time, if not then fair enough.

I think I've said this before a few times but Gardai are mythical creatures in large areas of Dublin, also a lot of people just don't bother calling them anymore because the response time is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Bagsy to be Kinahan side hahah

Fair enough, I still think Gerry is a wily old fox and will win out in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I notice a lot of the media and Twits are now referring to the "Byrne crime gang" as its own entity and not just that Byrne & co are part of the Kinahan gang. Several people here on Boards who seemed to know a lot about the background to this feud suggested way back in 2016 that the mass targeting of Hutches and Hutch associates, starting with the murder of Eddie Snr a few days after the Regency, was being spearheaded by David Byrne's grieving family and not by Daniel Kinahan as was being widely assumed at the time - given the recent switch to referring to this crew as the Byrne "organisation" as opposed to the Kinahan Cartel, I'm starting to wonder if there wasn't a bit of truth in that. It's really starting to sound like while these guys are and were always part of the wider Kinahan network, they have a large enough infrastructure to be declared their own entity in and of itself as well.

Fair enough, I still think Gerry is a wily old fox and will win out in the end.

Isn't a bit late for that? I'm not sure how anything he does can really be described as "winning" now, given how many of his loved ones have died in retaliatory attacks. It's a bit like the later stages of Breaking Bad at this stage -
    can anyone claim that Walt "won", even as he managed to get his money to his family and kill Jack's crew, seeing as they'd killed his brother in law and his entire family had been ripped apart
    ?

I just don't see any end to this in which The Monk gets a happy ending. So many of his close relatives are now dead that it seems to me a happy ending is off the table - I can't imagine the grief he must be experiencing tbh, it beggars belief just how many of his brothers and nephews he's lost at this stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Isn't a bit late for that? I'm not sure how anything he does can really be described as "winning" now, given how many of his loved ones have died in retaliatory attacks. It's a bit like the later stages of Breaking Bad at this stage -
    can anyone claim that Walt "won", even as he managed to get his money to his family and kill Jack's crew, seeing as they'd killed his brother in law and his entire family had been ripped apart
    ?

I just don't see any end to this in which The Monk gets a happy ending. So many of his close relatives are now dead that it seems to me a happy ending is off the table - I can't imagine the grief he must be experiencing tbh, it beggars belief just how many of his brothers and nephews he's lost at this stage.

Eh,one of each?

Eh,one of each?

Gary, Gareth and Derek were all nephews of his, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

Eh,one of each?

1 brother,3 nephews.

Gary, Gareth and Derek were all nephews of his, no?

Ah yes..apologies. Still just the one brother though.

Ah yes..apologies. Still just the one brother though.

Yeah for some reason I thought Patsy was one of the deceased, but it seems he's just had a bunch of near misses. Either way, I just don't see any sort of happy conclusion to this from Gerry's point of view, after so much loss. Even wiping out every member and associate of both the Kinahan and Byrne gangs at this stage wouldn't bring any of his relatives back :/

It's such a ridiculously sad situation all around.

Yeah for some reason I thought Patsy was one of the deceased, but it seems he's just had a bunch of near misses. Either way, I just don't see any sort of happy conclusion to this from Gerry's point of view, after so much loss. Even wiping out every member and associate of both the Kinahan and Byrne gangs at this stage wouldn't bring any of his relatives back :/

It's such a ridiculously sad situation all around.

I dunno if it's a sad situation as such..the people you're talking about weren't shot for singing too loud in church. and don't forget he's a career criminal himself..lay down with dogs,get fleas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

The Mirror have put up a video of gangsters shooting at each other in Corduff in the middle of the day.

As you do.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

The Mirror have put up a video of gangsters shooting at each other in Corduff in the middle of the day.

As you do.

Gangsters my hoop..Fcuckwits.

****wits with guns. Not a good combo

What is the issue with the word gangsters?

It's clearly what they are.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PLOPS

If the video is anything to go by, it's no surprise that they accidentally shoot themselves by accident a fair amount of times.

What is the issue with the word gangsters?

It's clearly what they are.

It's clearly what they *think* they are..in reality they will die penniless like the rest of the idiots who think getting hold of a firearm makes you a big name in criminal circles.

They certainly won't be causing the Hunts or Arifs or MS 13 any sleepless nights.

It's clearly what they *think* they are..in reality they will die penniless like the rest of the idiots who think getting hold of a firearm makes you a big name in criminal circles.

They certainly won't be causing the Hunts or Arifs or MS 13 any sleepless nights.

I don't think you know what the word "gangster" actually means.

I don't think you know what the word "gangster" actually means.

Apparantly not..but I know what the word wannabe means...ditto the word plastic.

Gangsters as in people who belong to a gang?

• Advertisement

El_Bee wrote: »
    Gangsters as in people who belong to a gang?

We had gangs in school but that didnt make us gangsters.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement