Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 7.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Back home now to nurture the pre Monday blues.

In work & eating tayto mighty munch, which are, definitely not, Monster munch, not nearly as nice :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,778 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

GoneHome wrote: »
    That's exactly it, we're in our 40s now and f$$k it we just do our own thing, no point thinking you have to conform to these rules, live your own life :)

Too true :)

I pick and choose now what to attend tbh . If I want to go I will , but if I've been invited just for the sake of it then nah , thanks but no thank you .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,048 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

That's exactly it, we're in our 40s now and f$$k it we just do our own thing, no point thinking you have to conform to these rules, live your own life :)

Post of the day GH!

A couple of years from 50 and I do my best not to conform to as much crap as possible. :D

Another beer from the fridge for those that aren't working tomorrow.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Post of the day GH!

A couple of years from 50 and I do my best not to conform to as much crap as possible. :D

Another beer from the fridge for those that aren't working tomorrow.:eek:

I'll drink to that G :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Home, bedside, watching the xcountry phase of badminton horse trials 2018 on youtube for about the 100th time!

Have everything prepped and the alarm set for tomorrow, first day of the new job!! Trying all the techniques I've learned recently to control the anxiety that goes along with that!

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Too true :)

I pick and choose now what to attend tbh . If I want to go I will , but if I've been invited just for the sake of it then nah , thanks but no thank you .

My parents are in their 70s and jesus any invite they get they feel they have to go to it or they'll insult the people inviting them by not turning up, just say "no"

TG1 wrote: »
    Home, bedside, watching the xcountry phase of badminton horse trials 2018 on youtube for about the 100th time!

Have everything prepped and the alarm set for tomorrow, first day of the new job!! Trying all the techniques I've learned recently to control the anxiety that goes along with that!

Best of luck, you've got this, it'll be no bother to you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

You'll be grand tomorrow, everyone goes through the same emotions when they are are starting a new job.
    Couchside, watching netflix with a coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I love Mondays ...apparently this is not normal ? Maybe because I was born on a Monday ...or I suppose because I'm sort of self-employed so it means a quiet day to myself to work (really enjoying it now the weather's so balmy)

Before anyone thinks I'm being smug, I'm also poor as a churchmouse :D

• Advertisement

TG1 ,
    Best of luck tomorrow , remember they picked you for this job , so you are capable and competent to do it , they're lucky to have you :)

Gone Home ,
    Lordie , I think it's harder for some of our elders to say no , although my late parents had the same mindset as I have , so no compulsory weddings etc !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Beasty wrote: »
    Costa, Lusk Sevices SB (#1)

Ooh the elusive number1 i nearly missed that

Deskside with water.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Where I always am.....Deskside!
    Same as that Mam, we got a wedding invite during the week for July, the first thing both of us said was "how do we get out of this", so we're going to be away on holidays "sorry we won't make it to the wedding" :P

That would be my first thought as well unless its a siblings wedding :pac:

Best of luck TG you'll be grand.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside after cooking and eating a delicious fry up for my OH and myself.

Off for a drive in a short while.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I'm a creature of habit
    No-one could ever accuse me of that!

I'm always on the lookout for "new" Costas

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Home side now and trying to decide what to watch on the tv

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Autosport wrote: »
    Home side now and trying to decide what to watch on the tv

Forget tv, tune into your favorite men :pac:

I’m always watching my favourite men ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I won't be able to provide much entertaining viewing tonight.

Deciding what to watch before Line of Duty is on later.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I won't be able to provide much entertaining viewing tonight.

Deciding what to watch before Line of Duty is on later.

Well I'm bleary eyed from tiredness due to a combo of work and a party that I didn't even have a drink at. So I'm defo not worth looking at. Throw in the few Frank's lagers and I'm not even sure I can look at myself.:D

Line of duty? Irish actress in that? Think I heard her interviewed on Friday radio? Any good? Not much of a TV watcher as I spend my work life looking at screens.

• Advertisement

That would be my first thought as well unless its a siblings wedding :pac:.

And even at that it's an effort Seph, we do our own thing and all this forced getting involved is a pain in the proverbial

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Well I'm bleary eyed from tiredness due to a combo of work and a party that I didn't even have a drink at. So I'm defo not worth looking at. Throw in the few Frank's lagers and I'm not even sure I can look at myself.:D

Line of duty? Irish actress in that? Think I heard her interviewed on Friday radio? Any good? Not much of a TV watcher as I spend my work life looking at screens.

It is very good.

First few seasons are on Netflix, latest on on BBC now.

Don't think there is any Irish in it.

Beasty wrote: »
    No-one could ever accuse me of that!

I'm always on the lookout for "new" Costas

:pac:

Ah , good coffee can't be beaten though !

And even at that it's an effort Seph, we do our own thing and all this forced getting involved is a pain in the proverbial

Amen to this ! I've a brother getting married in August and cousins next year 😰😫

It is very good.

Amy De Bhrun and Adrian Dunbar after a quick google. Gonna check it out on Netflix. I heard Amy on the Tubridy show, Friday talking about her role. The show name stuck in my head.

Having a Formula 1 day/night :)

Couchside watching F1

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭thomil

Back in my home office after a really productive day. Now finishing up some final paperwork, and then it's over to the ole Xbox :)

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

It is very good.

Wasn't Adrian Dunbar in it or am I wrong
    Beaten to it By Grandeod

votecounts wrote: »
    Wasn't Adrian Dunbar in it or am I wrong
    Beaten to it By Grandeod

Sorry, wasn't thinking of including the North in that context.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

It is very good.

Andrea Irvine is in it, Ted Hastings wife, maybe it was her? Couldn't believe the beautiful Scottish accent on the actor who plays Steve Arnott. It is brilliant viewing, well worth watching.
    Edit, you got there before me Ted :)
    Oops and Grandeeod!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement