Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

searching for adopted cousin

• 15-10-2018 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm looking for help in finding my adopted cousin as my father would like to make contact with him, but only if said cousin would like contact. I don't have any details only his birth name, birth month and year and mothers name. My grandparents have passed, and his mother isn't in contact with the rest Of The family so any other details would be sparse. If anyone could recommend anything that would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

You could register your details with the National adoption contact preference register. There's a small chance he may have registered and details would be matched. It would be handy if you could pinpoint his date of birth. If you are near Dublin you could go to the General Register Office in Werburgh Street and look up the birth register for his month/year of birth. As you know his name and obviously mother's maiden name, it should be easily found. With his exact date of birth you could then look up the adoption register and get records of baby boys with the same date of birth. Problem is you may find a few but it would be a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Hi Rebedjka,

I've sent you a message

Advertisement