Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

My first Dan Henry, 64 Grand Turismo
    Won’t be the last

482439.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Whats the braclet that comes with it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

I'm not mad on stainless bracelets in general but it looks good on this. It comes with a tan leather strap also. I bought another one in dark brown that's in the pic.

Steel Bracelet pic is in the bottom of link below

https://danhenrywatches.com/products/1964-gran-turismo-chronograph

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Got a watchgecko NATO for my steinhart ocean one 39. Not that I dislike the bracelet, just for a bit of a change. I'm actually not too sure on it, doesn't look bad but I had high hopes! The strap is fantastic quality, but not too certain if I like the look.

482589.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

Got a watchgecko NATO for my steinhart ocean one 39. Not that I dislike the bracelet, just for a bit of a change. I'm actually not too sure on it, doesn't look bad but I had high hopes! The strap is fantastic quality, but not too certain if I like the look.

SNIP

Tis a nice strap on a lovely watch but for me the colour is wrong. Either a Black or striped Black/Grey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

thomasm wrote: »
    Won’t be the last

SNIP

I wish Dan Henry did Automatics in the 1964. Its a peach of a watch :cool:

The thing about Natos is, they're function over form in the first instance. I mean, it's a strip of nylon or canvas or whatever else at the end of the day*.

You will find as the strap is worn it relaxes a bit and gives a slightly cleaner fit and that will probably give you a neater look overall.

Personally I quite like the look of them them but only on certain watches. Your Steinhart is definitely one that suits a Nato. I do agree with Kildareman that black or possibly the black/grey 'bond' option would also look well.

Another one you could try that looks surprisingly great with black-bezel/black dial stainless steel watches is a certain shade of green. Obviously it's an even more casual look than say black. For example (not my pic):

125l6za.jpg

*someone please tell Omega that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭accensi0n

IMAG0648.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

How old is the Oriosa?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

@ecoli aren't the new Omega natos made of synthetic spidersilk weave? Gotta find some way to charge more than 30 euro for a nato strap ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭accensi0n

blue5000 wrote: »
    How old is the Oriosa?

Possibly about 30 but not sure. Came down from the attic the other day, was my dads.

accensi0n wrote: »
    Possibly about 30 but not sure. Came down from the attic the other day, was my dads.

A great watch to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

This week I've mostly been wearing a Casio.

t00ltd.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭ Julian Nice Tattoo

My grail has finally arrived. Daytona 116509, I am super pleased. :D

AFy3FU8h.jpg
    cXzriwjl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

That’s the way to do it ! Probably not much more than a grey market steel one I’m guessing , love the racing dials

Enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭micks_address

Cyrus wrote: »
    That’s the way to do it ! Probably not much more than a grey market steel one I’m guessing , love the racing dials

Enjoy it

Class watch. Good health with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

I'm diving today in Tenerife, so it's the citizen jv0000-01e for most of the week. It has depth and elapsed dive time via the hands when under water, there's a red led synced with the beeper that alarms at a pre-programmed depth and time. It's a very useful backup to a dive computer, it also indicates max depth and temperature on the LCD panel.
    This one I picked up second hand, its internal capacitor needs to be changed as the solar powered reserve isn't great. Definitely a watch I'm going to keep.

482821.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

One more, my youngest son picked out a watch from a jewelers here in Tenerife. They had a great selection of Casio's. He picked this 40 mm Casio MTD 1053, for 65 euro from his savings, he liked it that much. It's 200M rated, but I doubt if it's ISO 6425 standard, still a nice first watch.

482823.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

^^^^^

And that how it starts.......
    :D

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭micks_address

It's gas how the kids go straight for larger watches.. my son bought a 42mm fashion watch. He equates size with substance I guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

thomasm wrote: »
    Won’t be the last

A question for the forum regulars - how are Dan Henry watches regarded? I’ve been looking at the website and I’m tempted.

It's gas how the kids go straight for larger watches.. my son bought a 42mm fashion watch. He equates size with substance I guess

Here's a ralph lauren watch to drool over (if not only for the movement):

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/ralph-lauren-automotive-chronograph-watch-sihh-2015/

Richmont group owns both RL and JLC apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Darwin

Picked up the new Seamaster a couple of weeks ago. I was going to buy a Heuer 02 Chrono as I sold my 45mm Heuer 01, but couldn't justify the outlay as I have a habit of flipping watches quite a bit. Seamaster is obviously a completely different watch, but quite nice and no doubt more resaleable than the Tag. I was surprised how small it was as I'm used to wearing larger chronos, I guess it is all about what you are used to wearing.

mWzsD7g.jpg

Here's one where the back looks prettier than the front (Beijing Beihai 3.0)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

hitemfrank wrote: »
    This week I've mostly been wearing a Casio.

Casio Duro got a new bezel insert today.

2ep4yf9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭893bet

Gorgeous! Not a huge fan of Daytona’s (or even Rolex these days as the ones I like ...can’t be bought by a mortal for RRP) but that is lovely. Just the right amount of colour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭ Julian Nice Tattoo

893bet wrote: »
    Gorgeous! Not a huge fan of Daytona’s (or even Rolex these days as the ones I like ...can’t be bought by a mortal for RRP) but that is lovely. Just the right amount of colour!

When a white gold Daytona can be got for half retail but a stainless steel is selling used for twice retail there is something wrong with the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

My Tissot prc 200. Love the navy blue background..

482978.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

This was my great grandfathers pocket watch. Needs a polish, service and new crystal.

Its silver but not worth much. Any on know where I can get the work done?

483017.jpg

• Advertisement

Taking my tourbillon out for a whirl (badum-tish)

:p

483094.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement